tashalicious

The Smith's Family Reaction To Miley Cyrus's Performance .

581532_638914929466340_487326777_n.jpg

kenny

Re: The Smith's Family Reaction To Miley Cyrus's Performance .

I think what drives me crazy about this situation is that every one is just blaming Miley. This was an awards show and they do rehearse and plan out what it going to happen, so there was many people who knew what the performance was going to be like and didn't step in. This doesn't justify Miley's decision to perform like this, but I think this issue is bigger than just her. I saw many people online criticizing her for dancing on Robin Thicke (a married man) like that, but I don't see any fingers pointed at him for allowing that.

Panda168

I think Viacom wanted the attention that Miley's performance provoked. It is probably the most talked about performance from that night... that and N'Sync :-D!!

I agree with you that no one really pointed out that Robin Thicke didn't do anything to avoid that butt in his **bleep**. I think the first time she twerked against him he moved to get behind her so it was definitely rehearsed. 

kmoliver15

I've read some people counter-arguing on different websites that people are judging/criticizing Miley but not Robin Thicke for the content of his song Blurred Lines...however I think more people are disappointed in Miley because they watched her transform from a Disney Channel idol to making a fool out of herself on stage. I couldn't believe her performance...it was completely tasteless and I felt very sorry for that foam finger. 

neko333

swfupload_6467187300431596064.pngThe girl who did this impersonation did it so well it's scary

Panda168

(0) Hearts

Hahaha this video was so funny. 

buzzbee3

Teehehehehe

https://sphotos-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/998642_683252801703593_1878126521_n.jpg

Panda168

(0) Hearts

hahahahaha

tashalicious

people use to call Madonna trashy 25 years ago, but she lasted in the business because underneath all her trashiness she could ACTUALLY SING !! she sounds great when she sings live. these days young artist seem to be desperate for attention, and they'll get it , for now.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

VERY TRUE, I <3 Madonna. and so does a lot of others. 

neko333

(0) Hearts

She's still trashy (and she's desperate for attention also), she's older than my Mom and dresses like a hooker. I don't know about her singing, I've never once heard anyone say a Madonna song was awesome. I look at it as flies swarming around garbage. 

tashalicious

[ Edited ]

if shes older than your mom then you must be really young and don't know much about Madonna,  she has nothing to prove after almost 30 years in the business although shes not as shockingly slutty as she used to be, she always had her great voice to fall back on. which is why shes still relevant today. shes a BOSS!!! lol

neko333

(0) Hearts

She just seems like pointless shock factor to me. Both then and now. I've listened to her music before, nothing really stood out about it. It's kind of the same as Lady Gaga, I just don't get it. 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

Madonna did it first, by the time lady GaGa came along you're right it does seem pointless

beautylovingirl

That was probably one of the most tasteless performances any one could have done. ICK!

roxystar4

yeah, i used to sort of like the song. now I have PTSD and cant even listen to it.

Jessithediva

I honestly lost all my respect for her! I've loved her for years but now... ugh its just soo disappointing

JenBlush

I mean, i feel bad for her! she is only 20 years old, she has basically been in the public eye for a couple of years now. Little girls will always have role models, but honestly, for the most part, a girl's role model should be their mother! 

Every teen star out there is going to experiment with drugs, their sexuality and god knows what else because they have so much money, they don't know what to do with it! They aren't thinking they are someone's role model! they want to have fun, be young and stupid! This is her time to do that, because she can't be doing stupid things like that when she is older! 

I would honestly hate growing up on camara! there is a reason why 98% of them end up on rehab, jail or something like that!

LOL!!

pinkonyx

THANK YOU!  for posting this. You can choose your role models, and if you choose to have miley as your that is YOUR CHOICE!  I mean seriously if your teenage daughter chooses miley to be her role model and not her mother, that sounds like a parental problem, not MILEYS! 

whats more annoying than a 20 year old twerking? 

the person blaming her for all the problems in the world. 

JenBlush

Lol! im assuming everyone thinks its more annoying to have a 20 y/o with no butt twerking! lol haha!

But yea, i mean, no matter what little girl's role model on tv is, its not going to end right!! Because they ALL did or have done something! Everyone from Linday, to Vanessa Hudgens, to Demi, to Selena. No one is perfect! Especially not girls on the TV! So like you said, if your child looks up to one of these stars, or will be looking up to these stars, you might want to start talking to them more because these girls ALL have some problem! 

neko333

(0) Hearts

Celebrity or not all those things are to be avoided. People need to stigmatize this kind of behavior more. Being young isn't an excuse for being stupid (not to that degree anyway). It's a pathetic cop out. No ones perfect and everyone does a stupid thing here or there. However when you do it every day it's no longer a learning experience. All the help in the world cannot save my generation from this horrible shipwreck. It's not just kids on camera anymore if you haven't noticed! It's everywhere and we're going down hill fast.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 119 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • aviscardi
    • drrragon
    • lylysa
    • ilovetopurplefy