MoreGun89

The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I figured we needed an official thread for this.  The goal is to detox from frequent beauty purchases (beauty basics exempt) for one month beginning on March 1st.   This is the place to give tips and tricks on your willpower, support for it, and whatever random cravings that may come your way!

Good luck, ladies!

Fabz

Re: The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I feel the very same! I will try to reign it in so it doesn't counter the money I've saved this month.

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I'll do a big haul when I finish, but then I think I'll do the project 5 pan, just for my makeup because what I'm seeing in my project 10 pan is that I'm using up skincare and face makeup (foundation, concealer and the like) but I'm not using up what I have most of, which is eyeshadows, lip colors and cheek products and that is really what I have to work on the most.

Fabz

swfupload_2044185339677591272.jpg:smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

swfupload_4450533760490255194.jpgSince its 4 minutes away from being tomorrow....here's my new pic.

Fabz---I love your pic!!

lylysa

Evilll kitteh seyz, "No addz to shoppingz kart!"

Fabz

You can be the good twin, I like the "ferocious" look. <3

lylysa

Deal!!!!! Or wait, then should the bad twin be the one to say "Buyz buyz buyz!" to tempt away while I as the good twin says "Noezzz! Stick to planz, no buyz!!!" :smileytongue:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I think I forgot to say day 14 complete.

so day 14 complete.

quenbee

I have been trying to join this thread almost week and a half now!   I am in need of a beauty detox and this is joust the support I need!  I have a lot in my basket right now but every time I look at it I think. "Do I really need this?"  And the answer is always NO.  Doing good so far Yeah!!!  And love the pics!

Fabz

Welcome to our thread :smileyvery-happy: I'm so glad this can be helpful to you. When asking about need it's rarely a need versus a want which can be kind of enlightening.

sephoramusthave

Fabz---I tried the bb cream for the first time today, I cant really give it a fair review yet, but so far, I like it. Its a lot thicker than I expected, I thought the consistency would be similar to a TM but its not. Its moisturizing and not greasy, and leaves a dewy finish. It smells *divine* and its packed with amazing natural ingredients. The color is too dark for me, its about a medium and I'm fair right now but thats okay because I like to look more tan sometimes. They only make this one color in the tinted one...it says its supposed to suit most skintones which makes sense because most women are about a medium. I think it has light coverage, I say think because I used a setting powder over it so I'm not sure exactly yet. Tomorrow I'm gonna wear it without the setting powder and see how it looks/wears.

Oh I forgot to say the 2 items that I bought that I ran out of I got drugstore stuffs because the point of the no buy is also to save moneyz. Both my new concealer and powder are Rimmel London.

Fabz

Divine?! What an amazing description! I haven't head that word used in such a long time. Let me know how it works for you after a couple weeks.

In other words: CONGRATS LADIES

bananachoox3

Day 14 DONE! I just logged on here and I just got more points from purchases from before. I think the fragence points? 400 plus points. Crazy makes me want to redeem them lol

veevali

Almost half way through the month! I'm glad everyone is doing so well. I'm even thinking of returing some stuff I got in Feb. before the return window close. I feel like doing this has really gotten me to start thinking about what I "need" and what I "want." Although I have to admit, I have some stuff on my shopping list for the next VIB sale, hopefully sometime in April like last year *keeps fingers crossed*

veevali

6783470_700b_v3.jpgOh and keeping in line with the theme of cat pictures, just thought this was cute :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

I love that picture veevali!! I'm glad that other people are joining in because I dont want to hog the thread!

I'm really glad that I'm on this no buy, I've completed 90% of my project 10 pan already (and that NEVER would have happened without the no-buys!). I did buy a couple of things that I completely ran out of (powder, concealer) and my mom gave me some things (I'm really excited about the BB cream she gave me, it the first all natural one I've ever seen! The Andalou Naturals Brightening Tinted one) so now I'm all set to continue my no buy. I was hoping that I would be able to complete my no buy without running out of anything but alas...that didnt happen. I ended up having no face makeup items except for one powder foundation thats wayyy to dark for me to use right now.

Fabz

Congrats! It sounds like you are doing great. Let me know about that BB cream, I have heard bad review about most of them.

bananachoox3

Day 13 DONE! Man how many more days are left in March? LOL I'm already planning my Sephora trip after this.

Fabz

I know right?! 31 days seems like forever this month. I have been adding things to my online baskets on sephora and ulta...this isn't going to be pretty.

sephoramusthave

day 13 complete. So far, so good. Since its 6 minutes away from being tomorrow...I better find another cat pic!

sephoramusthave

swfupload_2558603483692621530.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 531 replies
  • 921 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melissa93
    • prettyinpa