MoreGun89

The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I figured we needed an official thread for this.  The goal is to detox from frequent beauty purchases (beauty basics exempt) for one month beginning on March 1st.   This is the place to give tips and tricks on your willpower, support for it, and whatever random cravings that may come your way!

Good luck, ladies!

sephoramusthave

Re: The Fabz No Buy Challenge

(0) Hearts

I really want the new burts bees hydrating mask. My skin is dry right now, and every single mask I own is a clay mask which would just dry my skin out even more so no thanks. I have a couple more sample packets of the mask from tata harper, which I like...its a gel mask though, and not moisturizing. Its been at least a week since I've used it though...will try to use it tomorrow.

ChicDabbler

I will post there for my next 10-pan set (well, 10-skincare set).

Have you ever tried oats/yogurt/honey mask? I was super tempted to buy Fresh Rose, but manage to talk myself out of it, partially because I really enjoyed that DIY mask. It's great at hydrating (honey/yogurt) and mattifying (oats/honey).

Fabz

I heard somewhere that a honey only mask is amazing. I have never tried it but I'm nervous to be so sticky... I'm a texture kind of person and that is not my fav. It may be nice to try is since I just purchase a HUGE jug of honey at cosco. Anyone try the honey mask ? was it as good as I've heard ?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Honey only is nice after you rinse it off, but it's sticky and messy and much better when mixed with other things. I have combination skin, so the oats does mattify and when I rub it off after it dries, it provides some exfoliation. For hydration mask, I strongly recommend doing half honey and half plain whole milk yogurt. Yogurt makes it feels sooo good like your skin is just drinking it in. If you care about texture, try it. But it has to be the whole milk/fat and plain (no sugar/flavor) kind.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I havent ever tried a DIY mask. I've used skincare with those ingredients though. I know that I've used 2 face creams by Korres, one was yoghurt, and one was honey, and I've tried a oats bar soap cleanser (which I hated because it scratches my hands raw every time I tried to lather up).

MoreGun89

YAY!  Just Finished up my Balancing Moisturizer today, and will probably finish up my old lip balm pot by Saturday as well as my hand cream! If I were doing project 10 pan, I'd be 3 down and 7 to go ^.^  Also I think I may be nearing the bottom of my serum, but I can only tell by weight on that one unfortunately >.>

Fabz

(0) Hearts

I haven't been able to decide which Benefit blush to purchase. I love their packaging for them and would love one but I just haven't been able to choose. Any recommendations for a first timer with fair skin?

lylysa

It depends on what you're looking for, if you want a very subtle, almost highlighting shade to brighten your complexion, Dandelion is the way to go.

For something more pink or peach, but still subtle, try Hervana or Sugarbomb. Both have a couple of shades in the box so you can mix a balance of color.

If you're wanting a quick pop of color in a good neutral shade, Coralista is a great color.

If you want more pink with shimmer, Bella Bamba is the way to go.

Fabz

Thank you I have been stalking Dandelion for a while actually so maybe I'll give it a try.

lylysa

It's super sheer and very pretty, perfect for that subtle enhancement to your complexion, especially if you're going for a basic "no make up look" with just that, a hint of gloss, and mascara!

Wait...wasn't this thread about NOT buying stuff??? :smileytongue:

Fabz

NOT purchasing it... yet >.>

lylysa

LOL!

Come April 1....*hits BUY button*

sephoramusthave

swfupload_207288898343376707.jpgHehe...maybe this is the wrong thread to be talking about products in.

Fabz

Mayhaps my friend.... mayhaps.

lylysa

Me tinks des is teh wrong tymez for producting browings.....mayhaps :smileytongue:

I love LOLcat speak!

bananachoox3

Alright Day 6 Accomplished. Except I had to get a birthday gift for my friend, I want to get my hands on the color block from Pantone and the eyeliners. Sigh. No, must resist.

MoreGun89

Good for you for only walking out with the gift!  What did you end up getting them? :smileyhappy:

bananachoox3

She wanted the Tarte Lipstick in Pure. I also decided to get her the Korres Mango Lipstick in Natural Pink. I have the Sigma Brushes all wrapped and ready to go! 

lylysa

Man, nice gift giving!!!!

sephoramusthave

swfupload_8873215813754401254.jpgday 6 completed.

bananachoox3

LOL

sephoramusthave you and your pictures LOVE IT

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 531 replies
  • 921 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melissa93