MoreGun89

The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I figured we needed an official thread for this.  The goal is to detox from frequent beauty purchases (beauty basics exempt) for one month beginning on March 1st.   This is the place to give tips and tricks on your willpower, support for it, and whatever random cravings that may come your way!

Good luck, ladies!

sephoramusthave

Re: The Fabz No Buy Challenge

Hehe I finally figured out how to post pix from the internet onto here without having to save it to my computer first, so I've been having fun with it. :smileyvery-happy:

MoreGun89

Shiny! ^.^

drrragon

browncooooooaaaaaaaattttsss!!!

bananachoox3

Ever since this detox, I've been window shopping at Sephora's website and adding things into my shopping list. Boy, its hard to resist. My shopping list is getting out of control.

ChicDabbler

I actually took off an item from my shopping list today (yay, so proud of myself, lol). I was looking at swatches and reviews of Lorac Mint Edition and decided to skip it. I like the blush but I don't need to wear blush. Mostly I want it for the mint eyeshadow but it will just show up as white on me applied sheer, and when applied heavily, a matte mint  is...a little weird. Now I only have 70 items on my lists. =X

bananachoox3

LOL 70! 

I wanted the Lorac Mint Edition too, just because of the packaging and the word mint. Until I swatch it in stores did I decided I would skip it.

sephoramusthave

I used to print out my shopping lists....especially when I needed gift ideas, but I would need a LOT of paper now hehe. I've been wanting a MUFE blush for awhile, they are *tiny* compacts, but super pigmented. They come in so many different shades too....and I've been holding off on getting a red blush. I really want one (Stila Poppy and MUFE Scarlet are at the top of my list for red blush) because they look really natural when applied correctly...but I have a little deluxe sample of benefit benetint that I have *yet* to use up completely. So until thats all gone, no red blush for moi.

sephoramusthave

See, I dont need to wear blush when I'm bare faced. But when I'm wearing foundation or powder, it covers up my natural flush so I look kinda washed out without blush. My mom's not a big blush user, but since I've showed her how to use it and what colors are good, she's really into it right now. She has 4-5, and I have 15 lol.

*slaps herself on wrist*

sephoramusthave

beautytester-----If you like mint greens, I've heard great things about the illamasqua cream shadows, they have one called Bedaub that should be amazing. Stila also has a mint green shadow--Cha Cha.

lylysa

I just saw that!!!! I have a Benefit eye shadow that's mint green and the Stila one looks exactly like it...whew...dodged another bullet. I'm a sucker for green!

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Pffttt...I have 4 bronzers and yes, I need them all lol. I use it almost everyday, and I use it a *lot* over the summer. My fave is almost empty, one is in a palette so not full sized, and the other 2 are basically new. All 4 are completely different, I swear!

*hides*

I'm really really happy with the bronzers that I have, but I *still* want Nars Laguna, and Guerlain 00.

sephoramusthave

swfupload_2548939573413675903.gif

violalea

[ Edited ]

omg that is SO ME right now !!!!!!!! Its 12:12 right now and i am still here reading and posting.

sephoramusthave

I'm pretty loyal to Benefit Dallas when it comes to bronzer, but I'm always up for trying something new. Thats probably how my makeup stash got so massive from when I first started with the whole makeup craze.

bananachoox3

I have Benefit Hoola, its the one I've been using! Although I switch between Too Faced Chocolate. Though I wanted to get Dallas as well. *Must resist*  

sephoramusthave

swfupload_568889891001623211.jpegI have Benefit Hoola too, but its a lot darker than Dallas( and I'm very light skinned) so I've kinda put it away for summer when I get a tan. TheBalm bahama mama one too.

I want the Benefit 10. Has a highlighter and bronzer.

bananachoox3

Oh the 10 is good too. I want all Benefit's box powder one day! LOL They're so cute! And I can't stop smelling coralista everytime I use it!

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I think I'm 3 boxed powders away from owning the whole collection (well the ones sold at sephora right now, not counting the discontinued ones). Coralista was actually my very first blush purchase. I got a deluxe sample with my order and I've been hooked from then on. Its still one of my all time favorite blushes.

violalea

I have owned 0 benefit powder but everyone is talking about it here so that will be my next purchase when i have 20% :smileywink:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

No my makeup never looks cakey. Especially if I'm using powder foundation(my HG is lancome dual finish). If I'm using cream/liquid foundation, I use just a little bit and then set it with setting powder.

bananachoox3

Thats cute. Its only 11:43pm here in Chicago. Not too late. Yet I have to wake up at 5 for classes. LOL

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 531 replies
  • 921 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melissa93
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • waterbaby1981