MoreGun89

The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I figured we needed an official thread for this.  The goal is to detox from frequent beauty purchases (beauty basics exempt) for one month beginning on March 1st.   This is the place to give tips and tricks on your willpower, support for it, and whatever random cravings that may come your way!

Good luck, ladies!

bananachoox3

Re: The Fabz No Buy Challenge

AHAH All of my bronzers are the same too... I think. LOL they are! I have more matte bronzers than shimmery ones. I do own shimmer ones. They may all look the same but let me tell you, one of them is a tad bit lighter.

beautytester

LALALALALALALALALA I did not hear the part about mint eyeshadow alternatives. =P

#HearNoEvil

Ha, I don't wear heavy face make up, TM/BB all over or foundation mostly on the center of my face, so *after* make up I still have a very subtle blush. If I want to eliminate the blush completely, I need 3 layers of foundation or concealer. So yeah, and yet, I still own a blush.

Fabz

With that much foundation do you find it cakey? When I have too much face product I feel like I just have mask of crap on my face lol.

bananachoox3

Blushes are so much fun! I have minty nails on right now! At least they're mints to me. Its China Glaze Audrey.

bananachoox3

I don't even know how many blushes I have hidden in my storage. I know I need to start using my NYX and Mac blushes. Today I noticed that I have way too many bronzers. LOL Do I really need this many bronzers? Appearently when I brought it, yes. 

beautylovingirl

Awwww! Whose puppy?? That is soooo cute. I love puppies..:smileyhappy:

beautytester

[ Edited ]

Fall in love again with my old stuff. Honestly haven't used my brushes for weeks, so it's time to wash the accumulated stack with make up on it for waaaay too long. I rarely use the Hello Kitty Kabuki brush cuz the large head seems uneccessarily clumsy

since I haven't used it in month and forgot to wash it, I forgot the actual brush tips are pink and not beige! It looks so absolutely adorable clean with such cute shade of pink and feel sooooo soft. I definitely need to use it more.

ps. Gosh, Ithe Rich Text just won't let me post pictures and I have to go into HTML and write it in. Geez BT, be done with the glitches already.

Fabz

Love all things Hello Kitty, that kabuki brush is absolutely adorable.

beautytester

[ Edited ]

Well, it was on sale for $19 back when I snagged it. I was browsing large powder brushes and contemplate buying a couple weeks ago, but now that I've gotten around to cleaning it, it's so soft and adorable that my mind have stopped wandering to other brushes (seriously, the pink tips feel as good as puppy furs).

swfupload_3578950758167471685.jpg

(Not my puppy)

lylysa

Oooo, cute AND for sale!!!!!

Gawsh, puppppy!!! ^_^

lylysa

Gosh that is adorable! Thank goodness I already love my TF retractable kabuki or else I would have to snag that one!

bananachoox3

Day 5 Accomplished! Although I don't know if I can say that for today! A friends birthday is this weekend and I know she's been wanting the Tarte's lipstick in Inspired. Hopefully I can wak in, buy it, and walk out without buying anything for myself!

Fabz

Good luck - It is possible. :smileytongue:

bananachoox3

I DID! I got her two lipsticks! The Tarte in Pure, (she actually wanted Pure not Inspired) and I also toss in Korres Natural Pink for her. I also stop to check out the Pantone Collection, lets just say maybe after March, I'll be opening my wallet for the eyeliner set! LOL

Cazring

SP-YSL-Spring-2013-5201.jpgI have already weakened, I had to purchase the YSL Arty Stone Palette, I have been lusting over it for a while.  Shame on me, March is a bad month as well, several friends' Birthdays.  Oh......no more for the rest of the month!  I promise :smileywink:

bananachoox3

That palette is gorgeousss! It reminds me of Easter! LOL but its prefect for spring. Loving the green on the top left.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

That YSL palette is really pretty and perfect for spring! The pink and blue remind me of the color combination I've been wearing lately (thebalm coma patient and police man...pastel lilac and baby blue).

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

beautytester---Oh wow! I seem to go through powders the fastest, its the only makeup item that I use everyday. Eye/Lip/Cheek products I like to change up often, but my face makeup is pretty much the same everyday.

beautytester

Oh I go through powders the fastest, too. As in I only hit the pan on 2 things in the 7 yrs I wore make up, you can see 50% of the bottom on the powder while the other one (concealer) you can only see a dot (but the texture changed so it's unusable now).

sephoramusthave

swfupload_20955857442239972.jpgI used to be like that, have only a few makeup items and barely use even those. I got into makeup pretty late, age 18-19, most of my friends wore *tons* of makeup since middle school. Makeup is the only artistic outlet I have. I cant draw, paint, or build anything. Ikea is my worst nightmare if it has to be assembled, I just dont have the skills. On a good day, I can draw a good happy face lol but thats about it. But I can do makeup. And its fun.

beautytester

My first time wearing make up was Senior picture, then prom, then graduation. I was a proud nerd, and I've seen so many terrible make up looks on others that I have no regrets/envy about starting make up so late. I do wish I had started wearing SPF earlier tho, seeing as I used to live in Texas.

Lol, looking at shopping list helps because it helps the excitement fade faster since half of the time I'm attracted by pretty packagings.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 531 replies
  • 921 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melissa93
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • waterbaby1981