MoreGun89

The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I figured we needed an official thread for this.  The goal is to detox from frequent beauty purchases (beauty basics exempt) for one month beginning on March 1st.   This is the place to give tips and tricks on your willpower, support for it, and whatever random cravings that may come your way!

Good luck, ladies!

violalea

Re: The Fabz No Buy Challenge

(0) Hearts

oh if you meant first time ever put on make-up not started wearing it often then it was senior prom for me too. But that was all. I did not wear makeup for my highschool graduation.

violalea

(0) Hearts

wow so pretty!!!!!!!! I started wearing makeup when I was 22 or 23.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Day 5 complete. So far, so good. Am I looking at things online? Yes. Am I *buying* things? No.

Okay I'm good. There's nothing that I *need* either, might even make it the entire month without having to restock on a completely out of item. Yay!

Fabz

This is awesome news! I'm glad you are doing so well. So far I've had to restock on face wipes but other than that I'm running solid. I wanted to buy some fancy shampoos because they had a sale and I was going to excuse it as a "restock" because I'm almost out of it. I knew it was only an excuse though and will wait for it to run out before I purchase more. If the sale isn't there anymore then oh well. SALES ARE THE ENEMY

Fabz

How is everyone faring?

lylysa

I just glanced at your question and thought you said "How is everyone FARTING?" LOL!

I had to stop for a sec and go, "Wait, why in the world would Fabz ask that?!?!?" :smileytongue:

bananachoox3

[ Edited ]

LOL oh lylysa! That made me giggled

MoreGun89

*jetpacks off* Nothing to do here >.>

lylysa

Yeah, hahah, nothing to see here folks, just my brain not working properly! Keep it moving! :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

Trying to figure out if the deluxe cleanser I'm using is giving me minor breakouts. Used Origins Charcoal mask yesterday, wondering if it is ok to use ExfoliKate intensive today or if I should give it rest and use the normal 3-step today.

sephoramusthave

swfupload_2002682968061814366.jpgI'm tempted by the Too Faced Summer Eyes palette that I just saw in a ulta catalog that was mailed to me. I remember wanting to get this last year but missed out and its back this year, and its in a smaller/more compact/more durable tin instead of the usual cardboard packaging. I dont know if the colors are the same as last years, it looks a tad bit different from what I remember but its still super super gorgeous.

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

That ULTA flyer is sooo tempting!  I had to go past the ULTA store yesterday while doing a return and my feet just dragged me in! So fortunate for me that none of the items I wanted to test in the flyer would even possibly be in store until Sunday, and even then maybe not (this store is notorious for not having sale items in stock), so I was spared the agony of lusting after the Too Faced palette. Even though the return money was burning a hole in my pocket.

So far, so good.

ChicDabbler

If we are talking about packaging I have my eyes on the Lorac Mint edition one.

I have combination skin and likes powders, but they make my skin look drier so I was considering Koh Gen Do premium pressed powder....except there's like NOTHING on it except for the 3 reviews here (no reviews from beautyblogs or youtubers). It's true I was leaning toward it due to packaging, but KGD is a good brand and it took me 7 yrs to hit the pan on the Clinique powder, so $70 is ok as long as it is as good as it's suppose to me...if that make sense. o.O

Fabz

It may help if everyone stops browsing their online baskets. We can make it through one month without purchasing something and next month we can treat ourselves to something nice. But let's be strong for this month just so we know we can.

In HUGE news: I went to Sephora tonight to return some items and I barely glanced around!! I went straight up to the check out and gave them my stuff. It got a little iffy when I was waiting in line with those cursed register goodies...  Anything I want will still be there in a month and that's what got me through it. However, I was so focused I forgot to swatch those new colors for the free giveaway... drat. >.<

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

-

Fabz

I'm glad you're finding things that work for you.

Gamergirl24

Those perks are so tekpting, but other that that it is nice to just focus on my collection.

MoreGun89

Good, definitely itching at the new perks though >.>

Gamergirl24

Bump

triciaann12

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Fabz