MoreGun89

The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I figured we needed an official thread for this.  The goal is to detox from frequent beauty purchases (beauty basics exempt) for one month beginning on March 1st.   This is the place to give tips and tricks on your willpower, support for it, and whatever random cravings that may come your way!

Good luck, ladies!

beautytester

Re: The Fabz No Buy Challenge

Awww, darn. I will be counting on you to help me keep me in check then. =]

I did just talk myself out of buying the Fresh Rose mask, that's a good start, right?

MoreGun89

<He-Man voice> YOU HAVE THE WILLPOWERRR! </He-Man voice>

Fabz

Freaking hilarious! You are breaking it down old school >.<

Fabz

Yes of course! Any retail restraint is a good thing.

waterbaby1981

I'm thinking we might want to start a new Project 10 Pan thread while on the no buy since we'll likely be rediscovering things we haven't used for a while due to newer purchases and can try to hit pan on.  I know I'm rediscovering my liquid liner (and getting better at putting it on!)

And yes, sunscreen IS a necessity.  I have a few.  :smileywink:

MoreGun89

Glad to see that so many of us are participating ^.^  And yeah, I definitely hear you on the window shopping! :smileytongue:

waterbaby1981

I'm in.  Just repurchased my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for the millionth time, so I'm set.  Dan will be gone for two weeks in mid-March though, so I may be seriously tempted to at least window shop!

Fabz

You guys have some serious willpower if you're able to window shop! I don't even know the meaning if that phrase especially online. I am going to probably hide my cards from myself so I don't spend anything.

mollyhb

Count me in too!

melissa93

Well this is going to be extremely hard. I have til tomorrow though! Ahaha this is going to suckk. 

ash6

Lol! This is such a good idea! Im in! Im trying to think if their is anything im just dying to try before Friday

bananachoox3

I'm in! I won't buy anything unless I run out of it. This shouldn't be hard right? LOL

Fabz

Awesome! I'm glad so many of you are ready to detox with me. I feel like I'm in AA and saying, "Hello, my name is Fabz and I'm a makeup-holic." :smileytongue:

makeupobesessed

I'm definitely in gals.  I do have a few gift cards but I'm sure that doesn't count right?  I have shadows galore etc. so I do not need anything for sure....good luck !!!

Fabz

pppshhhhaaa it totally counts! The whole point is to detox from purchasing, even if you have a giftcard. Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.

sephoramusthave

I'm in. For the month of March and until I complete my Project 10 Pan, I wont buy anything until I *completely* run out of something that I use all the time.

I posted this before but reminder: You are not doing this to punish yourself for overspending, but to give yourself a chance to appreciate the things you already have.

lol some of you guys....its like you are preparing for a marathon or something...."wait! lemme get this first!" I love you guys!

beautytester

The Great Beauty Famine of 2013.

*omnious music*

prettyinpa

Oh no, I hope I don't have to pack up all my belongings in my SUV like the famine in the Grapes of Wrath.
 My beauty closet alone wouldn't even fit in my minivan!

Fabz

Good idea Diana! I need to do some winter de-cluttering myself. I have so many things that don't fit now that I've had a baby and that probably never will. Time for a trip to goodwill

MoreGun89

I don't know what kind of router you have, but you could always block the basket page ( https://www.sephora.com/basket/basket.jsp) on your firmware if you log into your router settings.  That or I'm sure there's a way to block it on your browser which may even be more simple!  The great Google oracle will definitely be a help in doing this.  While it may seem odd, it'll prevent you from visiting the basket page, and therefore, from hitting the checkout button :smileytongue:  

prettyinpa

Oh that's a hoot! An electroshock mouse!!! LMAO!!

So I'm in if I can get the Sephora sun set. I go through sunscreen like water and those little sample size minis are so helpful when I travel. Does that count as a necessity? *hope, hope*

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 531 replies
  • 921 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melissa93
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • waterbaby1981