The Canadian Peeps!

[ Edited ]

So I'd like to maintain a board for the Canadian customers.  A place where we can share our events, promos, problems etc.

I sometimes see deals and info for Canadians and rather then posting a new convo all the time maybe we can just share on this board.

I think it would be easier to communicate with each other if we only had one board to follow.

ETA:

Where to shop!

So I do have a list/link somewhere with brands and where they are found.  I'll try and dig it out and if you want it pm me Smiley Wink

For those who don't know...

Shoppers Drug Mart and Murale have a wonderful loyalty program and your points are worth "cash" in store.

The Bay is bringing in more brands... just recently Burberry. I'm thinking we will see more good things come.  They also have a VIP program... I am not too sure how it all works but it applies to all purchases from the store and you get a 20$ off 100$ makeup purchase coupon almost every month... Like who wouldn't want that!  Hello MAC!

Beautylish ships to Canada and they are FAST!  Order processed and shipped within the hour and arrives the next day!

Now that we have Nordies in Canada you might be able to call a counter and get items shipped to you.  Some things you can get shipped from the site.

Apparently Saks is coming.  I believe The Bay is the one who will be owning them and bring them in.

If you get a good SA at Holts you can also get stuff shipped to you.

Sorry been MIA from this board a long time.

Re: The Canadian Peeps!

Oh it's not from Sephora. My boyfriend & his mother sent me gifts for Christmas. I figured maybe because my parcels aren't showing up, that it would be the same for the other ladies. I swear the Canada Post people need to smarten up especially on parcels. 

Hey Carmen, YES. I had a couple that were late but just in time for Christmas and now one that is 3 weeks late and another that is almost 2. It's frustrating but they haven't had a lot of answers.

Ok I am glad I ain't the only one then. I thought maybe my packages have disappeared into thin air. I was livid about this. 

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I've been pretty frustrated, and they don't provide a lot of support. I mostly feel bad for the person who sent me the parcel that is 3 weeks late, as she sent it from Scotland as part of an exchange and was told it would take 7 business days. I keep assuring her that it will make it to me, but she is clearly not familiar with our pokey postal service!

Hi Canadian Beauties!

My BI points still add to my account for the US value of my purchase instead of the CA value of my purchase - in many cases this amount is significant (but that's a whole other complaint, Smiley Wink )

Anyone else still having this problem?  The mods are good about making adjustments but it's a pain in the butt!  I don't know if it's just me or if it's a common Canadian problem?

cheers!

Like caperella said it happens to everyone. Smiley Sad I usually just Facebook message a mod with my order number and they update it.

It's all of us. They choose not to acknowledge it as an issue so I doubt they're trying to fix it. It's likely all tied into the set up of their Canadian site and its other issues like not being able to take gift cards from Canadians. 

tarte ships to canada now??? omg!  im in trouble now lol

Yay! Good to know.

(0) Hearts

Yes I went on their site this morning to look at something and saw the Canadian flag... I was like what???  Looked and voila ships to Canada.  Orders over 75$ ship free so it's not so bad Smiley Happy

I'm in trouble too lol

OMG OMG Tarte now ships to Canada!!!!!!  I'm so excited!  YAY!!!!!!

Yay, indeed!! Thank you for your sleuthing- I would have never noticed the Canadian flag at the bottom of the page.

(0) Hearts

Ok so anyone here still having problems with the taxes??? Thanks Smiley Happy

I am. Two out of three of my orders placed online in December were overcharged taxes. 

(0) Hearts

I've never paid attention to this ... I went back to check and a few of them were only off a few cents that it wasn't worth contacting customer service over.But I will have to pay more attention from now on when I do online orders for larger orders anyway. Which province do you ladies live in? I live in Alberta so I only am charged GST, but I wonder if the system starts screwing up once they have to start charging for provincial taxes too.

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  About the same for me.... When are they going to FIX THIS!

I really wish they'd even acknowledge that there's an issue. So many people are probably being unsuspectingly overcharged. It's not right. 

(0) Hearts

yup!  They know it's going on and doing nothing about it.

[ Edited ]

Sephora National Clearance Centre in Montreal.

Admittedly, I haven't read through all 10 pages of this post to see if this has been discussed already.

I just came across someone selling a clarisonic brush on ebay, and they post a pic of the sephora receipt to show its authenticity, and the receipt says, "Sephora National Clearance Centre" on it, and states the address of the centre.

Is it silly for me to want to plan my next vacation around getting myself to this place? :  )

Have any of you been? Is it as amazing as it sounds like it would be?

Sephora Clearance Center2.jpg

(0) Hearts

I walked by it the other day after seeing this picture and that address is a high end condo/apartment building. Seems like something that someone made as a joke.

I live near Montreal and had never heard of this before but I found the phone number listed for the address and called. Unfortunately, it's not in service. :-(