veronika23

The Canadian Peeps!

[ Edited ]

So I'd like to maintain a board for the Canadian customers.  A place where we can share our events, promos, problems etc.

I sometimes see deals and info for Canadians and rather then posting a new convo all the time maybe we can just share on this board.

I think it would be easier to communicate with each other if we only had one board to follow.

- I recently posted that Nail Polish Canada has free shipping on any orders for a limited time.

EDITED:

Anyone interested in getting Tonymoly products you can contact them via their Canadian Facebook page to place an order.  5$ shipping, free over purchases 50$.  I think they have a store in Pacific Mall in Markham ON

Tarte now ships to Canada!

bcteagirl

Re: The Canadian Peeps!

Good catch!! I don't know. In Toronto they are still trying to sell some of the black Friday leftovers in store (mostly tarte sets). However you would think they would have learned from the negative shootstorm that cybersaturday 'deals' caused when they presented stuff already on sale as the new deals. I hope it is some nice stuff, but I am a bit jaded, so I will say 'I'll believe it when I see it'.

bcteagirl

January is going to be skin care month with multiple brand specific events, but they don't have specific dates yet. I would great appreciate anybody posting any events (even brand promotions).

bcteagirl

Was the hello kitty sephora was carrying their brand only, or is it being sold elsewhere now?

veronika23

Never seen the Hello Kitty carried by Sephora somewhere else.

kenny

If you're near a Murale (part of SDM), and are going to drop a lot on cosmetics soon, this could be a good dealupload_1774781807611423874.jpg

veronika23

Nice deal but they have the worst customer service ever!  That's why I don't shop there. lol

taylorkiryluik

I agree Veronika I haven't ever had good service within em, and it's located three or four shops down from my sephora, so I just go to sephora!

kenny

Oh really? I find it's not too bad (although I don't go there often). They are very intent on "helping" which I find can be a bit annoying.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Really?  I used to have one close to my house and it closed down. There's another one downtown.  They never wanted to help and were super snobby. I was at the grand opening (I think it was by invite) and was totally disappointed. Even on the phone they are rude.

Tayvm

Picked up my Naked 3 today at SDM.  I was going to use my points to get it but it was 20x points today, so ... I now have lots more points to redeem at a future date :smileyhappy:

lovinglondon

(0) Hearts

Hey ladies, I see a lot of talk of shopping at SDM. I don't shop there as much outside of basic toilet trees and groceries ever since they restructured their Optimum points a while back.

Is there good value there? I'm mean, obviously if you shop there you must think so but for example with 20x the points, how much points do you get dollar wise?

BeccaBelle

[ Edited ]

For regular spending you get 10 points for ever dollar you spend before tax (and rounded down, e.g. If you spend $9.99 before tax you'll get 90 points). You can then redeem different amounts of points for different amounts of money. 8000 points is $10, 22000 points is $30, 38000 points is $60, 50000 points is $85 and 95000 points is $170. So you can see that there's a slightly better value if you wait and collect you points (you can essentially spend $9500 to get $170 back, it's like 1.79% back) but it doesn't seem that great.

The best part about the program is that they regularly have 20x the points events, typically once a month. This means you only have to spend $475 to get to 95000 points. They also have "spend your points events" where you can get more money off for the same number of points. They typically have at least 4 of those a year, where you would get $200 for 95000 points. Then once or twice a year they have 'super spend your points events" where you can get $220 for $95000.

If you just use the program on a day to day basis, you can get  $170  for spending $9500 (1.79% back). But if you only buy during 20x events, and you only redeem at the points events, you can get up to $220 for spending $475 (46.32% back). I'd say that's one of the best rewards programs you can find in Canada, but it depends if you want to plan your shopping to maximize your savings.

Tayvm

Certain SDM now have a "Beauty Boutique".  The one in London has Urban Decay, Benefit, Stila, Lancome, Clinique, etc, etc.

They have an e-mail system set up that if there is and upcoming sale or GWP, you'll receive a notification.   You can specify which brands you are most interested in for customized notifications.

ivyxox

Say if you get a clarisonic ( around $125?), you are getting 24,000 points which equals to a $30 dollar savings towards your next purchase. Or you can accumulate your points to get a even bigger savings! So yes! I do think it's a better deal if you are buying a lot of high-end cosmetics :smileyhappy:

Tayvm

Yep.  When I bought my Mia 2 there, I saw a few days later that they were having a 20x the points event.  I was thinking I should have waited to take advantage.  When I checked my points online, they had already given me the extra points for it.  I was thrilled that they were proactive about the points and that I didn't have to go in to ask about them.

And as far as redeeming, if you wait until they have their special promotions, your points are worth more.

Although I enjoy the Sephora Point Perks, I feel like SDM is far more flexible and has a much better value.

lovinglondon

I should give them another shot. I have shopped during the "Shop with you points" event but I didn't realise you could use it in the Beauty Boutique". I've always just ignored that section because I hate paying retail price. lol

ivyxox

Yay, I picked up mine yesterday for $10 !! They literally just got the shipment when I walked in, so my Naked 3 was kinda frozen LOL. Tried it for the first time today and love it so much!

ivyxox

The bay is having 10% of on all cosmetics this weekend and $10 gift card when you spend more than $50. And a lot of brands offer great GWP :smileyhappy: have fun shopping everyone!

danimazz

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where I can buy Lorac cosmetics in Canada (in store or online with shipping to Canada)? Sephora is no longer carrying Lorac in my store(s), and Sephora.ca doesn't have many products listed (even the Pro Palette is gone!)

Any info is appreciated :smileyhappy:

bcteagirl

(0) Hearts

Lorac is still listed online for me, they have the Mint Edition set in now.

http://www.sephora.com/lorac?brandName=lorac&node=1050000

danimazz

(0) Hearts

It's showing for me too, but it only has 13 products listed, and the pro palette isn't there :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 555 replies
  • 567 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • supertrixie
    • kenny
    • melanito
    • sarah468
    • tbuss