The Canadian Peeps!

[ Edited ]

So I'd like to maintain a board for the Canadian customers.  A place where we can share our events, promos, problems etc.

I sometimes see deals and info for Canadians and rather then posting a new convo all the time maybe we can just share on this board.

I think it would be easier to communicate with each other if we only had one board to follow.

- I recently posted that Nail Polish Canada has free shipping on any orders for a limited time.

EDITED:

Anyone interested in getting Tonymoly products you can contact them via their Canadian Facebook page to place an order.  5$ shipping, free over purchases 50$.  I think they have a store in Pacific Mall in Markham ON

Tarte now ships to Canada!

Re: The Canadian Peeps!

True ,I'm still waiting too, but don't think they are gonna plan any events  in Canada. I guess Sephora does carry some unique brands and amazing gift sets tho :smileyhappy:

Absolutely.  I just think I may spread the wealth and not shop solely at Sephora any more.  I've never redeemed any Optimum points and have hit some big redemption days so I have a pile of points sitting there that could be used to get the Naked 3 for nothing (if I understand the points correctly).

(0) Hearts

You just pay the taxes.  Big redemption this weekend I think :smileywink: 

We don't really have much options here in Canada :smileysad: I can only think of Sephora, the Bay and SDM. Holt Renfrew's return policy is just ridiculous and the SAs are so pushy too :smileysad: WOW getting naked 3 for free does sound AMAZING. I will keep an eye on SDM's promotion on Dec and see if there's any coupon I can use 

(0) Hearts

Really they carry UD?  What city are you in?

(0) Hearts

They've got UD at the South Granville Store.....

Toronto :smileyhappy: There are a few SDM carrying UD 

(0) Hearts

Wow, I live here in Toronto and don't even see it lol. Only Stila, Elizabeth Arden, Lise Watier ect. 

The SDM in Masonville Mall (London) has a massive cosmetics section now. I hadn't been there in ages and just about fell over when I saw the brands they carry now ... UD, Stilla, Benefit ...

I had a few things in my hand and the salesgirl talked me into a Clarisonic so I put my other stuff back so I wouldn't feel as bad about the total bill.

She wouldn't say when they were getting Naked 3, but was going to let me know.

Apparently so many people came in and asked about naked 3, so the SA asked the rep from UD and she told her it will be available on the 13th :smileyhappy: not sure if all the stores are getting them on the same day tho 

wow!  Ottawa pulled all the UD from the shelves just before the Naked foundation launched.  I thought it was ALL SDM.  I'll be giving them a call to see if a store in Ottawa started carrying it again.  They lost my business when the pulled UD.

u can actually go on SDM's website and search which store carries UD around your area or come to Toronto :smileywink:

Ok so just checked and nothing in Ottawa.  Yeah one day I'll have to make my way down there :smileywink:

Hahaha shop till you drop in Toronto then go back home with a bag load of cosmetics :-P

(0) Hearts

lol yeah... more like a car full of cosmetics :smileyvery-happy:

Gala 2:  So today I went to another Gala at The Bay and this one felt more organized.  I got a sample bag at the door with lots of perfume samples as well as other stuff.  MAC did my make-up again and just love the girl who did it!  Bought a few things at MAC and at Guerlain (thanks brat) :smileywink:.  There was good music, food and drinks.  The store manager was on the floor to make everything run smoothly. There was one of  the ladies at the "check in" counter that was super nice and checking in with me from time to time to make sure I was enjoying myself (probably because it's my bday).  So this one was packed but way better organized.  Now I sure hope I win something lol :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

Sending good vibes your way! Which Bay was that?

I just came back from the MUFE event at Sephora Toronto Eaton Centre where I got 2 brushes engraved. You can only get three letters max. They suggested doing initials, but luckily my best friend's nickname is only three letters and I just decided to go with the first three letters of my name. I also received the special gift with purchase (of $75+). Here it is:2013-11-23 14.46.58.jpg

There are 3 lip minis including a Lab Shine Pearly lip gloss in S2, a lipstick in N39, and lipstick in N21 all in a medium sized clear plastic MUFE Make up bag. I love mini lipsticks, so I'm pretty happy with the gift. 

(0) Hearts

That is a pretty good gift! I love mini lipsticks too.

[ Edited ]

One Gala done one to go :smileywink:

So it wasn't super busy but I did go in the middle of the day during the week.  I got my make-up done by MAC  and to my surprise I had to buy 50$ worth of products for this.  I was told that the make-up was complementary when you buy the ticket so not too impressed with that.  She did a really nice job though.  They had music and people going around with food. Did enter a draw for something lol.  Super disappointed with NARS.  You had to buy 150$ to get a gift so I passed.  Got a body cream from a company I wasn't familiar with and received a gwp.  Me and my mom combined our purchases at that counter so we could save 20$.  She also got something and received a gwp. I also added a butter london duo.  She made a purchase at Lancome and got a gwp and was eligible to get he 65$ kit and we did.  Saved 10$ on that and got another gwp :smileywink:

Will be doing another gala tomorrow.  Really looking forward to that one :smileyhappy:

Thanks so much for the update!]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments