veronika23

The Canadian Peeps!

[ Edited ]

So I'd like to maintain a board for the Canadian customers.  A place where we can share our events, promos, problems etc.

I sometimes see deals and info for Canadians and rather then posting a new convo all the time maybe we can just share on this board.

I think it would be easier to communicate with each other if we only had one board to follow.

- I recently posted that Nail Polish Canada has free shipping on any orders for a limited time.

EDITED:

Anyone interested in getting Tonymoly products you can contact them via their Canadian Facebook page to place an order.  5$ shipping, free over purchases 50$.  I think they have a store in Pacific Mall in Markham ON

Tarte now ships to Canada!

sangriana

Re: The Canadian Peeps!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Just curious, does Murale.ca ever offer promo codes? I know their gwps are added automatically, but there's a place for adding promo codes(discounts?) on the checkout page. I've never received/seen any!

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Sometimes they offer promo code for individuals. Last time they forgot to send my GWP, so they offered me a $10 off promo code.

ivyxox

I had such a great experience with beautylish and thought I have to share! For anyone who wants to try Charlotte Tilbury, Beautylish carries the whole range, free shipping to Canada for order over $75. $20 dollar off for new customer with $100 more purchase. The duty and tax are calculated at checkout too. I purchased around $110 USD of merchandise and the duty was about $15 which is very reasonable. They even upgraded the parcel to international priority (ordered on Sat and arrived at my place on Monday!) Yesterday, they emailed me asking me if I want to try By Terry rose balm mini for free. Of course, I said yes. So I will be expecting it next week!

Also, SDM is offering a free sample bag with $5 dollars donation for charity at the checkout counter. The bag consists of 5 high-end deluxe samples (Clarins, Vichy, Lancome,smashbox etc...). It is a great deal for a great cause too.

Brie514

I just ordered from them too! Less than 24 hours later my stuff was at my house. I don't even get packages from Ontario (one province over) this fast.... They added on about 14% for taxes and duty, which doesn't make any sense to me (Sephora adds on 22%). Also, they charged me in USD without any Canadian markup that I could see. 

I feel like this is the start of something beautiful!! 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I feel Beautylish has not been mentioned before, everything about them is so great, so I had to share. 14% is still quite reasonable as the tax in ON is 13% anyways plus I have to pay the Canadian markup. They carry a lot of hard-to-find brands too!

Chickibum

There is no words for how much I love Beautylish, holy cow their shipping is insanely fast, which is awesome. Love love love beautylish!! 

calcutta

The Bay also has a new 8 piece GWP, minimum $36 purchase. The bag is super cute!

ivyxox

[ Edited ]

Clarins @ the Bay is having gwp from Oct 22 to Nov.9, pre-order has started already. I took a few photos of the details. 

IMG_2323.JPG

All the samples are deluxe size (around 15-30ml), value up to $205.

The photo wasn't really clear. Basically, when you purchase 2 or more Clarins products (one is skincare), you get any set from the third picture for free. When you purchase one more skincare product, you get a full-size renew plus body serum.

calcutta

[ Edited ]

Origins deal -

Free shipping

3 deluxe samples + pouch

use promo code WELCOME for first time order for a 4th deluxe sample

no minimum!!

I wanted to posted this on Friday, but the forums were down. 

Edit: Valid until 10/9/2014

silverisis

(0) Hearts

Is anyone lusting over the holiday sets and trying to decide what to get but really want a massive order, yet can't afford it all, lol?!?

There are so many this year I'm interested in... *sigh* Hard to choose! :smileytongue:

lachaton

(0) Hearts

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Trust Fund Beauty, but it's a new Canadian nail polish brand. They have cute mini polishes available to purchase as samples. 

Also, I used the code "TFB" which takes 1 cent off your order and gives you a free, full-sized, randomly chosen nail polish (value: $15). No minimum as far as I know! 

silverisis

(0) Hearts

Ooh, sounds cool! Is this on their website or Nail Polish Canada or...???

Thanks for the info. Would like to check it out. :smileyhappy:

lachaton

(0) Hearts

It's directly from the Trust Fund Beauty website :smileyhappy: 

calcutta

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Groupon has Bumble and Bumble products on sale

B&B Seaweed Conditioner 8oz $24 for $12.99

B&B Styling Lotion 8oz $28 for $19.99

Edit: B&B Crème De Coco Shampoo 8oz $24 for $17.99

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

Has anyone shopped in store at Murale? What is it like compared to Sephora? I just found out I live by one.

fatimamummy

Sorry for delayed response. I went there twice, first time it seems no one wanted to pay attention and SAs asked if we need help but in a very formal way if you know what I mean? like you are asking because it is in your job responsibility. I waited long on checkout  because there was no one at the counter again SA were walking around but no one tried to help and I have to stop one SA passing by me and told her I want to pay and buy these things, can some one come to the counter to help me and then she send a girl to help me. second time it was opposite I dealt with 2 SAs and both of friendly and helpful and when I asked if they offer samples I was given 6 or 7 samples.

In both visits Store was almost empty just a couple of more customers were there in that huge store.

So I'll say CS is kind of hit or miss :smileyhappy:

calcutta

Thanks for the response!

Have you tried out any of your goodies from the samples bag? I got so overwhelmed when I got mine, I just left it alone and its just sitting on my dresser right now. I did try out the Clinique lipstick and the skin polish, both of which I'm liking. I have no idea where/how to store all these things or use them!

Lots of first world problems :smileyhappy:

silverisis

(0) Hearts

So... I think I just hearted your reply while scrolling by on my phone... Hee. 

I'm such a noob I'm not even sure how the whole hearting system works - assuming it's like Facebook 'Likes', yes?

And the titles like Hall of Famer and Beauty Maven are based off of activity/length of community involvement??

I'll try and check out the FAQs or whatever, but hope there's a nice little <3 notification for you. Aww. :smileywink:

Excuse my random comment. Have a great day! 

fatimamummy

I have seperate makeup bags for each category, like serums in one bag, masks in another and so on. This way I can easily reach what I want to try and make most use of my extras otherwise they just kept sitting there. I used clinique lipstick and like it other than that I just opened B.kamins face polish as my morning cleanser just finished. I used the shampoo and conditioner twice and I think I like them enough to buy full sizes.

yllsen

(0) Hearts

that is a great idea! I really need to do something and label it. I just leave it and I think a lot of samples end up expiring since they just get thrown all together.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 718 replies
  • 639 hearts
  • 76 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • supertrixie
    • kenny
    • melanito
    • sarah468
    • yllsen