The Canadian Peeps!

[ Edited ]

So I'd like to maintain a board for the Canadian customers.  A place where we can share our events, promos, problems etc.

I sometimes see deals and info for Canadians and rather then posting a new convo all the time maybe we can just share on this board.

I think it would be easier to communicate with each other if we only had one board to follow.

- I recently posted that Nail Polish Canada has free shipping on any orders for a limited time.

EDITED:

Anyone interested in getting Tonymoly products you can contact them via their Canadian Facebook page to place an order.  5$ shipping, free over purchases 50$.  I think they have a store in Pacific Mall in Markham ON

Tarte now ships to Canada!

Re: The Canadian Peeps!

(0) Hearts

Check you local winners, mine had Stila in the light palettes for $24.99 in stock :smileyhappy: Costco also currently has four Elizabeth Arden lipglosses in pretty spring colors for $19.99.

(0) Hearts

Which location did you find it at =D

Bite will be launching a Canada-exclusive maple-themed collection! Here's a link to the thread for anyone who hasn't seen it! http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Bite-Beauty-Maple-Collection-Canada-exclusive/td-p/1982325

May events - 

EN_ON_02_2.jpg

EN_ON_Rouge_01.jpg

EN_ON_Rouge_02_2.jpg

EN_ON_05.jpg

EN_ON_06_02.jpg

EN_ON_07.jpg

EN_ON_08_02.jpg

EN_ON_09.jpg

EN_ON_10_02.jpg

EN_ON_11_02.jpg

EN_ON_12.jpg

FYI Murale has the NARS Christopher Kane collection up online for anyone who was interested in it.

(0) Hearts

The Bay has the Guerlain summer collection available online (and I've seen it in a store, too). They also have the Terracotta perfume from last year available - I'm not sure how limited that is, but when I talked to an SA at my local counter, she said she was only getting about 3 bottles in store. I think there would be more available online and in larger stores, though. 

(0) Hearts

I'm sure the boutique will have a lot more!

(0) Hearts

Yes! And the Boutique is such a nice place to shop :smileyhappy: 

(0) Hearts

:smileysad:

I rushed over there as soon as I saw this thinking they would have the new Rainbow Perles...

Not yet.

(0) Hearts

Sorry, mocha! :smileysad: There are still a couple more items which are being released later I believe (like the fancy new LE bronzer). It's just the regular summer line so far, with the cream eyeshadows, nail polish, lipsticks, and re-packaged Terracotta bronzers.

I think I heard mid-May for some of the other products, so hopefully that will be soon!

holt renfrew spring 2015 bag.JPG

Why do they charge for what is essentially samples? I don't get it. All the US stores have generous GWPs with orders over a certain amount throughout the year. Does Holt's ever do the same?

[ Edited ]

I have mixed feelings on the beauty bags. 

On one hand, I like that it's a lot cheaper than having to spend $125+ at Murale or Hudson's Bay to get a giant bag with hit or miss samples. Plus, there is the $10 voucher included. There are some higher end samples included, usually, which are harder to find.

Yet at the same time, a lot of the samples included (especially in this season's) are super small freebie type ones. Like the Dior lippie card or the TF perfume. Same with the mini YSL mascara. And Clinique samples really are dime a dozen.So it really does feel odd to literally pay money for what you can often find for free.

As far as I know, Holt's doesn't do big GWP like Nordstrom or other stores. I haven't seen any, but I stand to be corrected. Their GWP from brands that they  have seem to be a bit better than what you might find at Hudson's Bay, but I haven't paid careful enough attention to see if it actually is better to get it at Holt Renfrew than somewhere else.

I suppose in one sense, the beauty bags are akin to a subscription box. And again, I have mixed feelings on those for the reasons outlined above :smileywink:

I've been momentarily tempted by and then passed on these every season for years for all the same reasons you state above. Also, I have a hard time believing the 'more than $100 value' line. Granted, if the bag itself was something to write home about, I might be tempted and consider the voucher and samples a bonus.

I love these things! :smileyvery-happy:

I was talking to a YSL MUA at the rouge event today and he said Charlotte Tilbury will be available at Holt Renfrew in a few months!

I read it's coming in June!!! :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

YAY!!! I really hope so! I've been wanting to pick up the Pillowtalk lip liner that many rave about!

I hope it will be there in time for us to order the LE summer collection!

I'm so excited for this. Thanks for sharing!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments