consolvo

That awful moment when...

You see yourself in the lighted bathroom mirror and think:

"That new face cream is really working!"

Then you realize you haven't put your contacts in yet.  :smileysad:

beautylovingirl

Re: That awful moment when...

@mafan- I feel your pain:smileysad: and I started sitting my polish down on an old cloth and sit right there and don't move until I'm completely done and the polish has the lid on super tight.

1930sbella

How bought when you have just applied mascara, and then you sneeze. Beautiful little black lines all around your eyes :smileyhappy:.

crayzeeRN

I prefer to refer to this as "panda kisses" :smileyvery-happy:

1930sbella

cute!

soloist1

OMG!  I just have to say I LOVE this post!  I've done most of these and I absolutely agree with the original post.  I've done my makeup and it's super gorgeous and makes my skin flawless & then I put on my glasses & fix it, lol!

violalea

[ Edited ]

I was inside my apartment and waiting for a package to arrive. Finally, I heard knocking sounds, quickly put on a sweater and opened the door and said hi to the ups guy but he had the weirdest look on his face. I was like ok not the friendliest ups guy on earth but who cares i got my sephora order. Then, I heard water noise still running in the restroom sink cause I forgot to shut it off all the way so i went to the restroom to shut off the water and omg looking at the mirror I had about 10 pink dots on my face and my chin from kate sommerville acne and my forehead had the origin charcoal mask that I had put on 15 minutes ago and totally forgot. I must have scared the UPS guy for a few seconds there. I was trying to look decent by putting on a sweater but my face was so not ready to be seen by strangers. Omg I was so embarrassed!!!!!!!! If only there was a hole to hide my face.

beautylovingirl

It was a complete mess too and it was my Butter London polish at that.:smileysad:

beautylovingirl

When you grab bottle of nail polish and it slips from your hands and drops and splatters all over your bathroom floor which is very expensive tile........Not a fun moment.

mafan

I spilled a good part of mini bottle of polish all over the cream rug in our family room.  My husband was not impressed -- we had to basically cut out the stain!

Now I never polish where I can't clean it up, and I haven't spilled anything again.

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh my goodness i have done that a few times. I've also spilled my nail polish remover on my moms couch! Opps!

clarks18

That awful moment when you go for a winged liner look and you apply the liner to your eyes and it looks fantastic.  Then you move on to draw the wings and you draw one and it also looks fantastic.  Then you get distracted and step away from your makeup only to come back and finish your whole look except that other wing!  Then you don't realize it until you are out and about in your day.....  This has happened to me on at least two different times.  Not so fantastic...

michmo

I'm probably the only one that feels like this, but I put my makeup on and think I look amazing.  I feel like my eyeshadow is so perfect and great and that I've learned all the tricks to blending and shading.  I start to feel like I almost did it as well as those youtube gurus.  

***And then I get in the car and see myself in the natural light and cringe at how different it looks in natural light.  

If only the world could see me the way I think I look in my bathroom mirror.  

dolceloure

Car mirrors (all of them) are the worst!! I have no idea why they're so unflattering, but they just are. :-/

kalex

I'm with you on this one!    This and the lighting in some store/restaurant restrooms is the reason I started carrying more than powder and gloss in my bag.

wingatprsct

Hotel bathrooms have the worst lighting!  Of course, I'm usually going somewhere special and I want to look my best.  Instead, I look in the mirror and gasp at the reflection!  (Do I really look like this?)  Sometimes, I'll take my portable mirror to the window just to get better light.

rikkie

I definitely go near the window whenever possible to do my makeup in natural light. People are 100000X more likely to see me near a window than in the bathroom lighting, so I may as well do my makeup to suit! :smileyvery-happy:

dolceloure

...you get a free makeover at Sephora and you excitedly look in the mirror when it's all done, only to realize she made you look like a cheap streetwalker. *shakes head* and I had to ride the metro home after that! I kept my head down the entire time, lol.

veevali

That's one of the reasons I try and make sephora my last stop. Just in case the makeup or shade match doesn't look good anywhere but in the store :smileysad:

rikkie

Oh no! I have never had a Sephora makeover, but I was getting color matched for a foundation and the MUA offered to show me a couple concealers because I mentioned needing something for the dark circles under my eyes, so she put one concealer under one eye and one under the other, but both instantly creased up into under eye lines I swear I don't actually have and made me look at least 10 years older. :smileysad: Also they made completely different hideous wrinkle patterns, so it looked even stranger. I will keep my dark circles if the alternative is thirty years of wrinkles in a tube, TYVM! :smileyvery-happy:

jinxski

I feel you oh god.

When I'm in that sleepy haze of just waking up and I think my skin looks wonderful...

The contacts go in, I let a little more light in.

And booo :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 212 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • kalex
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • consolvo