MermaidBarbie

Thanksgiving and Being Thankful

I love Thanksgiving. I love eating Thanksgiving food the entire day, from morning until night. I will be wearing very comfortable clothes, so I can stuff myself silly.

It's also a day to be thankful. Whenever you feel sad, mad, hurt, or think you wasted a lot of money on makeup you don't even need and are now broke, just remember there are so many people in the world that have worse situations: no food, no shelter, diseases, no family, no money...the list can go on.

I am thankful to God, my family, close friends, for having a job, clothes on my back, food to eat, a house to live in, and so much more. I've been through so much very recently, and let's just say, I'm keeping a smile on my face, so I don't stress out my family, but my heart is completely shattered. I won't get into much details, but I believe everything happens for a reason.

What are you lovely BTers doing on Thanksgiving? And what are you thankful for? I wish you all and your families great health, happiness, success in everything that you do. :smileyhappy:

upload_7603788525924316694.gif

glossyguru

Re: Thanksgiving and Being Thankful

Wonderful post! I love Thanksgiving, it has to be one of my favorite holidays just because it gives us all time to reflect on what we have and we can really take the time to appreciate it all. A lot of the time I forget how incredibly lucky I am, and I think a lot of us do as well. I was thinking that this Thanksgiving I would give back. Not exactly sure how yet, but I'm thinking a huge donation, or care kits for those who were recently affected by the typhoon in the Philippines. Anyone who wants to join me in this can, I encourage you all to take part with me.

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

So sweet. God bless and thank you for your wonderful comment. :heart:

midnightangel

Sorry to hear of your troubles, MermaidBarbie, whatever they may be. I pray you will find some sort of resolution in time. I'm no stranger to hard times so feel free to PM me if you wanna vent.

No idea what I'll be doing for Thanksgiving just yet, but most likely it will involve visiting my wealthy relatives at their house and feasting royally on all kinds of things like every year. I will probably make a few of my signature pumpkin pies, which always goes over well. :smileyhappy:

I'm not the kind of person who takes anything for granted so I'm always well aware of the things I have to be thankful for. Comparing myself to others is a waste of time - I'm richly blessed in so many ways. So what I'm thankful for is the ability to see it. :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

Thank you, midnight angel. It means a lot to me. 

That's very good. Proud of you, darlin'. :smileyhappy: :heart:

1930sbella

I am thankful that I get to be here and live and participate in this world. I am so blessed that I have a chance to live and have a purpose in living. I am thankful for my friends and my family, cause you know, they are just amazing and out of this world!  I am thankful for people like you who are thankful too.

Wonderful post MermaidBarbie!!!

MermaidBarbie

I am thankful for people like you, too. :heart:

Londonlover101

upload_4074009074916012168.jpg

upload_548927779198960672.jpg

upload_651781146908226950.jpgthis is a wonderful post, and im always happy to see grateful people in the world, great examples mermaidbarbie! I'm thankful for my bestfriend the one who always has a shoulder to cry on, a smile to share, and a laugh to be given. Im thankful for god and my family who would do anything to protect their kids and always make me smile :smileyhappy: I'm thankful for the endless amounts of exotic foods that come our way when there are children in Africa starving because they don't even have clean water or oatmeal (that is a good reminder whenever  I turn my nose down at something) I'm thankful for where I live with the beautiful beach, sunny days and plenty of things to do. I'm thankful for all of you here at beautytalk who always help me when I'm down and put a smile on my face. you are all kind hearted souls and even though I haven't met any of you yet face to face I can really tell the love an care you have. you guys are really great friends  <3 <3 the list could go on and on. that just proves how many blessings we have :smileyvery-happy:

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

That picture with the child drawing on hair in the mirror made me tear up.  I'm thankful for people like you. God bless. :heart:

properandlovely

Thanks for such a lovely post and I wish you the best of luck and hope things turn around for you! :smileyhappy:

I love Thanksgiving mostly because I barely see my family anymore, so spending time with them is something that I really cherish. Also, the only time of year that I actually invest in getting a tofurkey! My favorite!

I'm am always thankful for family and friends and always thankful for the strangers that I have met who have made a significant impact on my life. I know I am very lucky to have all of the things I have and I am grateful. I love to give back to others especially during the holidays, so I will be doing a lot of giving in the next couple of months :smileyhappy:

poshified

You as well, Mermaidbarbie!!! Everything does happen for a reason, and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be :smileyhappy:

I'm thankful for my amazing family, friends, and the BTers I've really gotten to know the past few months <3

MermaidBarbie

Thank you, posh. Amen, sista'! :heart:

MermaidBarbie

Thanks, doll. :smileyhappy: I hope so too. It is such a wonderful feeling to give back. That was a really nice comment you wrote. Cheers!

oklady2013

I hope things improve for you quickly. I am thankful to God for all the beauty that surrounds me even during the fall & winter; for all the wonderful people that enrich my life each in their own way, for my health, husband,  family, friends new & old,  good food, a home,  my pets  & all those every day moments that make up my life.

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Thank you. :smileyhappy:

That's wonderful. :smileyhappy:

jellybean917

I am thankful that my fiance will be coming up here to visit me for Thanksgiving. And even more thankful that he'll be moving up here for good in a few months!

Thanks for this reminder. I've been stressed lately, and it's hard to remember to appreciate the good things we really do have :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

That sounds rather lovely. Hope you guys enjoy the holidays together. Wish you two the best. :smileyhappy:

No problem. :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Beautiful Post! :smileyvery-happy:

I hope everything gets better for you! 

I LOVE Thanksgiving! I love it even more now that my Nephew arrived early and i can dress him up in some Turkey outfits :smileytongue:

I love helping my mom make the food, Although what i mainly eat on Thanksgiving is just Mashed potatoes and gravy! YUMMMM! 

MermaidBarbie

Thank you. :smileyhappy:

Awe, I bet he will look so adorable in a turkey outfit. :smileyhappy:

Since you say you mainly eat mashed potatoes and gravy, have you tried mixing cream cheese, sour cream, and garlic powder in the mashed potatoes? Of course with milk, too. Creamy goodness.

arielaaaaaaaa

I've always wanted to experiment with using different ingredients. But i never do lol! My family is boring and likes just butter and milk! But i will probably make a small bowl just for me! I love cheesy mashed potatoes! I have ton a recipes on Pinterest, but no one is obsessed with potatoes like me! :smileysad:

MermaidBarbie

I actually love potatoes! And I love cheese, so cheesy mashed potatoes sound so delicious right now. I like them twice baked too, with sour cream, chives, cheddar cheese and bacon bits.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poshified
    • MermaidBarbie
    • midnightangel
    • 1930sbella
    • glossyguru