bombshell30

Take the Challenge: Palette Parade

[ Edited ]

Hi. My name is Bombshell and I am an eye shadow-aholic. I love it. It makes me so happy. It is getting out of control. Upon counting only those palettes with 3+ shadows I have a total of 43. They each deserve love and attention. They all deserve their own 5 minutes (or days in the case) of fame. My Plan is this: One by one the Palattes shall parade through the open space on my vanity. Starting this Monday, each week I will use only one palette per work week (M-F) and cheat on the weekends. I will use them one by one until I have used them all for  5 day period. I will use them in alphabetical order. I have alphabetized my palettes and started with those that begin with #'s, lowest number to highest, and the A-Z. On Saturday and Sunday (depending on what CalamityJane comes up with) there might be a look or color of the day. In addition to the palette, single shadows and eyeliner may be used (:smileywink: ) in addition to the weekly palette. All looks should mainly come from the palette of the week. This way I can be fair to all of my palettes & all of my older palettes that haven't quite gotten the appreciation they deserve will get some time in the sun. At the end of the week if I was successful I will write the date beside the palette on the list. If I can't get at least 5 days worth of looks from them it is likely time to put them in a TSB or give them to a friend that will love them.  I am hoping this will help me appreciate what I've got rather than constantly thinking I need something new. I am not promising not to buy any shadows in the almost year it will take me to complete this little journey. That is just not realistic.I will just have to use them on weekend cheat days.  I am hoping the experience will at least make me more grateful for all the wonderful things I have & save me some $! LOL This is about accountability. I invite any and all to join. Feel free to make up your own rules and reward system. Just post them here and I will support you in your efforts any way that I can. Not all of us will be able to follow the same rules but we can certainly all support one another! 

Courtesy of Mafan---New Rule* If you absolutely DO NOT like a palette, you have the option of setting it aside for a TSB/give away and moving on to the next palette on your list. No sense in wearing make up you don't like for 5 whole days!Make up is supposed to make us happy. 

Courtesy of JaimeLove---New Rule* A holiday (including your birthday,anniversary or graduation) is an acceptable cheat day! (BRILLIANT)

My List

Week 1: 4 Magic-Lancome  1/17/14 Not keeping, got bored by day 3

Week 2: 4 Passion-Lancome 1/24/14 Depotting one shade and passing on the rest, which are almost new!!! 

Week 3: 10th Anniversary Palettes- Too Faced Quasi-keeper: keeping one blush, and 4 of the shadows. Donating the rest to a friends Z-palette. NOTE TO SELF: Must NOT depot before using! Just got so excited about my new toy!

Week 4: 10 Pan Shadow Palette- Stila.   Keeping- love it more than I knew!! 

Week 5: 15th Anniversary Palette- Urban Decay KEEPER!!!

Week 6:Admire Me Smashbox

Week 7: Adventure Palette-Tarte

Week 8: Be Bright-Too Faced

Week 9: Be Merry-Too Faced

Week10: Book of Shadows2- Urban Decay

Week11: Chocolate Bar-Too Faced

Week12: Cocktail Hour-Bare Minerals

Week13: Deluxe Shadow Box-Urban Decay

Week14: Do it Yourself (4) Tin-Urban Decay

Week15: ELF 100

Week16: Entice Me-Smashbox

Week17: Esperanza-KatVonD

Week18: Eye Couture - Tarte

Week19: Fabulous in Fiji-Stila

Week20: Flash-Smashbox

Week21: Impressionist Palette-Stila

Week22: Joy to the Girls-Too Faced

Week23: Kaleidoscope-Stila

Week24: Kiss-n-Tell- Smashbox

Week25: Lavender Grace - Lancome

Week26: Let it Snow- Stila

Week27: Life in Laguna-Stila

Week28: Masterclass 1- Smashbox

Week29: Masterclass 2- Smashbox

Week30: Minimalist Palette-Stila

Week31: Modernist Palette-Stila

Week32: Naked 3- Urban Decay

Week33: Pee-A-Bright-Eyes-Benefit

Week34: Smolder-Lorac

Week35: Spellbinding Book of Shadows-KatVonD

Week36: Star Child Odyssey- Tarina Tarintino (This should be an interesting week)

Week37: Sweet Romance-Lorac

Week38: Tarte of Giving-Tarte

Week39: Til Death do us Part-Tokidoki

Week40: Unzipped-Lorac

Week41: Urban Ammo-Urban Decay

Week42: Vegas-Tokidoki

Week43: Wizard of Oz (Glinda) -Urban Decay

I would really love to share this with some of you. It is always good to know that you are not alone. Please feel free to share insights and ideas. Here's crossing my fingers for a successful make-up adventure!! :smileyhappy: 

Do you want to be a princess? :smileywink:image.jpgNikki's list: page 1, Glossyguru's & Amberangeline's list: pg. 3, Beethousand & scratch to void Pg. 4, IttyxBittyxMe, jaimelove, and Katie 241 p.6, Carolang & LadyMeag pg.7, CalamityJane & micheleran pg. 8, Mafan & Malday pg.10, warriorwitch pg.11, Nursecupcake pg. 22, Beethousand 27, ghkim pg 40, manniface pg.42, sparklekai pg. 42, siren princess pg. 55

ladymeag

Re: Take the Challenge: Palette Parade

I still love it - I don't think the lighter shades are a deal breaker for me because I don't use them much anyway and the 6 shades at the end all work beautifully for me, plus 2 of the lighter end (Strange and Limit). Still a great deal for the shadows it just isn't as much of a branch-out from my standard as it felt like when I bought it. This also makes complaints I hear about UD shadows make more sense - I tend to buy darker colors and only buy lighter colors in matte or satin - which seem to do well generally. Anything that's light with more glitter doesn't seem to have the payoff.

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Good to know! Thanks Meag! :smileyhappy: I always by the loud crazy colors as well! 

bombshell30

Oh my gosh! EXCITING Ladymeag! I love sugarpill!  

bombshell30

ok wing.JPGI would like to dedicate my first ever decent wing to KILLAHBABE, without whom I would never have discovered maybelline ultra liner (which is AWESOME BEYOND WORDS)!! I think I might actually be able to learn to do this now! Thanks to the moon and back Killah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manniface

LOVE IT!

amberangeline

Yay!!! It looks great! Definitely going to have to get that Maybeline liner next time I'm out!

LindenAnn

Hooray! :smileyvery-happy:

calamityjane85

This is so pretty so so pretty... 

bombshell30

[ Edited ]

Good morning Calamity! It's the ultra liner! She was right it --is really easy to use and doesn't BUDGE,! I had to partly peel it off! Lol  I got a highly coveted, beloved SNOW DAY so since I have time on my hands I am going to try and do something fun! ( wish I had some falsies )! It't exciting because I actually feel like I could maybe get a little better with liquid liner!

NurseCupcake

Awesome! I have that one too, but it got shoved to the back of my drawer and never got opened. I may need to give that some love fairly soon!

glossyguru

Update: this week is going way better than last week, I really like the TF Matte Eye Collection

90356_01.jpg

It has a really nice color selection for me, everything I need. I feel like with some palettes I have to use something separate to make a full look, but I don't have to do that with this palette (yay!)

swatch.png

I really like the texture of the eyeshadows from TF, and I love how this palette has a matte white. I use almost all of the colors in this palette, which is uncommon because I normally only like 2 or 3.

It's a keeper!

manniface

(0) Hearts

I look forward to seeing your looks, matte shadows look so soft and romantic :smileyhappy:

nikki

I like this palette a lot too! I haven't gotten to it yet in my rotation tho.

Plantgarden

I have this palette but I haven't used it much,...maybe you could post pics to give me some inspiration?  

glossyguru

As requested... Inspiration has arrived!

image.jpg

bombshell30

Glossy! Beautiful!!

glossyguru

image.jpg

bombshell30

Love it! Last week being stuck in glitter city has given me a whole ne appreciation for mattes! LOL I am so glad your week is going better and that palette is GORGEOUS.... may need to go into my loves! 

shortstuff07

Checking in, even though I'm super behind!  :smileysad:

I've been doing well as far as sticking to my palettes and using one + wild cards each week, I haven't been doing as well at taking photos.  It's been a hectic two weeks, please forgive me!  

1st palette was Naked 3-I really love this one, it was an easy palette to start with!

2nd-KVD Spellbinding-A tiny bit conflicted, I really like this one, I just wish it were more neutral/cool.  Not the end of the world, but irksome.

3rd-UD 15th Anniversary palette-One of my all time favorites, I seldom use it as I'm afraid of hitting pan on some of my favorites that didn't get repromoted, but I bought it to use, so I am going to make a more concentrated effort to love on it.  

4th-I'm starting this week with the Too Faced Pretty Rebel, I like it quite a bit, but working with it today reminded me that it isn't really an all in one palette, I want something else to work alongside it.  This week may also prove to be a bit of a cheat week, as my darling mother sent the Narsissist palette my way and it arrives tomorrow.  

bombshell30

No big deal shortstuf! This is for fun- not work! *HUGS* I feel the same way about my UD 15th anniversary palette!! :smileyhappy: I've had to talk myself out of pretty little rebel several times! LOL I love my spellbinding- I would put it in my top 5 of all time. We have very similar tastes ! 

shortstuff07

We have very good taste! :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 1264 replies
  • 2367 hearts
  • 93 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • nikki