bombshell30

Take the Challenge: Palette Parade

[ Edited ]

Hi. My name is Bombshell and I am an eye shadow-aholic. I love it. It makes me so happy. It is getting out of control. Upon counting only those palettes with 3+ shadows I have a total of 43. They each deserve love and attention. They all deserve their own 5 minutes (or days in the case) of fame. My Plan is this: One by one the Palattes shall parade through the open space on my vanity. Starting this Monday, each week I will use only one palette per work week (M-F) and cheat on the weekends. I will use them one by one until I have used them all for  5 day period. I will use them in alphabetical order. I have alphabetized my palettes and started with those that begin with #'s, lowest number to highest, and the A-Z. On Saturday and Sunday (depending on what CalamityJane comes up with) there might be a look or color of the day. In addition to the palette, single shadows and eyeliner may be used (:smileywink: ) in addition to the weekly palette. All looks should mainly come from the palette of the week. This way I can be fair to all of my palettes & all of my older palettes that haven't quite gotten the appreciation they deserve will get some time in the sun. At the end of the week if I was successful I will write the date beside the palette on the list. If I can't get at least 5 days worth of looks from them it is likely time to put them in a TSB or give them to a friend that will love them.  I am hoping this will help me appreciate what I've got rather than constantly thinking I need something new. I am not promising not to buy any shadows in the almost year it will take me to complete this little journey. That is just not realistic.I will just have to use them on weekend cheat days.  I am hoping the experience will at least make me more grateful for all the wonderful things I have & save me some $! LOL This is about accountability. I invite any and all to join. Feel free to make up your own rules and reward system. Just post them here and I will support you in your efforts any way that I can. Not all of us will be able to follow the same rules but we can certainly all support one another! 

Courtesy of Mafan---New Rule* If you absolutely DO NOT like a palette, you have the option of setting it aside for a TSB/give away and moving on to the next palette on your list. No sense in wearing make up you don't like for 5 whole days!Make up is supposed to make us happy. 

Courtesy of JaimeLove---New Rule* A holiday (including your birthday,anniversary or graduation) is an acceptable cheat day! (BRILLIANT)

My List

Week 1: 4 Magic-Lancome  1/17/14 Not keeping, got bored by day 3

Week 2: 4 Passion-Lancome 1/24/14 Depotting one shade and passing on the rest, which are almost new!!! 

Week 3: 10th Anniversary Palettes- Too Faced Quasi-keeper: keeping one blush, and 4 of the shadows. Donating the rest to a friends Z-palette. NOTE TO SELF: Must NOT depot before using! Just got so excited about my new toy!

Week 4: 10 Pan Shadow Palette- Stila.   Keeping- love it more than I knew!! 

Week 5: 15th Anniversary Palette- Urban Decay KEEPER!!!

Week 6:Admire Me Smashbox

Week 7: Adventure Palette-Tarte

Week 8: Be Bright-Too Faced

Week 9: Be Merry-Too Faced

Week10: Book of Shadows2- Urban Decay

Week11: Chocolate Bar-Too Faced

Week12: Cocktail Hour-Bare Minerals

Week13: Deluxe Shadow Box-Urban Decay

Week14: Do it Yourself (4) Tin-Urban Decay

Week15: ELF 100

Week16: Entice Me-Smashbox

Week17: Esperanza-KatVonD

Week18: Eye Couture - Tarte

Week19: Fabulous in Fiji-Stila

Week20: Flash-Smashbox

Week21: Impressionist Palette-Stila

Week22: Joy to the Girls-Too Faced

Week23: Kaleidoscope-Stila

Week24: Kiss-n-Tell- Smashbox

Week25: Lavender Grace - Lancome

Week26: Let it Snow- Stila

Week27: Life in Laguna-Stila

Week28: Masterclass 1- Smashbox

Week29: Masterclass 2- Smashbox

Week30: Minimalist Palette-Stila

Week31: Modernist Palette-Stila

Week32: Naked 3- Urban Decay

Week33: Pee-A-Bright-Eyes-Benefit

Week34: Smolder-Lorac

Week35: Spellbinding Book of Shadows-KatVonD

Week36: Star Child Odyssey- Tarina Tarintino (This should be an interesting week)

Week37: Sweet Romance-Lorac

Week38: Tarte of Giving-Tarte

Week39: Til Death do us Part-Tokidoki

Week40: Unzipped-Lorac

Week41: Urban Ammo-Urban Decay

Week42: Vegas-Tokidoki

Week43: Wizard of Oz (Glinda) -Urban Decay

I would really love to share this with some of you. It is always good to know that you are not alone. Please feel free to share insights and ideas. Here's crossing my fingers for a successful make-up adventure!! :smileyhappy: 

Do you want to be a princess? :smileywink:image.jpgNikki's list: page 1, Glossyguru's & Amberangeline's list: pg. 3, Beethousand & scratch to void Pg. 4, IttyxBittyxMe, jaimelove, and Katie 241 p.6, Carolang & LadyMeag pg.7, CalamityJane & micheleran pg. 8, Mafan & Malday pg.10, warriorwitch pg.11, Nursecupcake pg. 22, Beethousand 27, ghkim pg 40, manniface pg.42, sparklekai pg. 42, siren princess pg. 55

bombshell30

Re: Take the Challenge: Palette Parade

(0) Hearts

I ended up going with the sephora brand curler because from beautytester's review it seemed like a good fit for me! Good for deeper set eyes and soft pads making it harder to screw up! :smileyhappy: I think I am going to like it! :smileyhappy:

melde

I'm so glad there is someone else out there who never curls their eyelashes!!

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

Sadly, I never have.

Idk why, I just never felt like it made a difference for me.

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Melde- my mom pulled all her lashes out-ON HER WEDDING DAY. Needless to say I have always been a little leary of them! LOL But seeing all these gorgeous eyes with lovely lashes mad me want to give it a try!! :smileyhappy:

tanyab84

I wanted to say I stayed up til 1AM reading this thread and it really gave me the motivation I needed to dig into my basket o'palettes!  I don't even want to add up how many I have.

I reached far into the back and pulled out Stila's Pro Artist Palette No.1 which has a bright turquoise (Lucky) and purple (Moxie) two colors I usually wouldn't wear.  But today I combined the Lucky with the Kitten and Grand and was very happy with the results. I'll tackle Moxie tomorrow.

I'm going to make an effort to step outside of my comfort zone and try some shades I have skipped over in the past.

These forums are a real blessing to me.  I don't post much but try to read every day.  I'm in my early 50's and have found that most women my age don't pay attention to makeup anymore so I only have a few people I can discuss my obsession with in "real" life.

mafan

Yea! We roped another one in! The look that you have on today sounds nice and I'm glad you like it.  I agree that those two end colors are ones I wouldn't usually wear; I'd wear the other 4 easily. :smileyhappy:  So I'm glad you're branching out.

I'm 50 and just started wearing shadow a couple of years ago.  I didn't care about makeup before that at all.  You'll find folks with all kinds of tastes and levels of boldness (as well as ages) amongst the fanatics here. :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

We are so happy to have you in the parade TanyaB84!! I think you will find several same aged as well as like minded friends in these here woods! :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

So, since all you gals are using your palettes, is there a fabulous colorful palette I should have?  I'm such a nuetral person, all three Nakeds, and the only color palette I have is UD Vice.  I've only worn the purples in that palette seriously.  I'm on the hunt for a great color palette I'll use.  I like shimmers but not too much glitter, and I don't usually wear super funky colors, but I could branch out.  Suggestions?

glossyguru

Kat Von D Esperenza and TF Pretty Rebel come to mind, but I know that Illamasqua has some super crazy quads

bombshell30

Good call Glossy!!!

manniface

I suggest you palette challenge your Vice for a week to force yourself to try some of the funky colors in it- otherwise a new color palette may be unused

bombshell30

[ Edited ]

Here, here! :smileyhappy: Branching out is good makeup obsessed! :smileywink: I agree with glossy's suggestions of Esperanza and Pretty little rebel! They are both gorgeous and I don't think they will be to far out of your comfort zone! :smileyhappy:

comfyrock

[ Edited ]

Urban Decay has increased the price of their liners to $20 on their website. :smileysad:   They are still $19 on Sephora. Never mind...

bombshell30

I like stila liners way better than UD. Depends on if what you want is a wild color. What color are you wanting sweetpea?

comfyrock

The vault :smileywink:  You prefer Stila?  I think I have one in Terra as part of a set.  Must give it a try.

bombshell30

I really like stila comfyrock!! I think they make cleaner, tighter lines! OF COURSE you want to vault- don't we all. LOL But if I had my choice between that or the cash to spend on other things, I would take the cash without batting a lash!

manniface

Booo, I am actually not a big fan of them anyways….

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

AGREED!!!

katief241981

I'm getting my new NARS palette today!!!!! :smileyhappy:  NARSissist week here I come!

nikki

Yay! I had to add a NARSissist week too!

bombshell30

Yay Katie! That is so exciting!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 1264 replies
  • 2367 hearts
  • 93 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • nikki