bombshell30

Take the Challenge: Palette Parade

[ Edited ]

Hi. My name is Bombshell and I am an eye shadow-aholic. I love it. It makes me so happy. It is getting out of control. Upon counting only those palettes with 3+ shadows I have a total of 43. They each deserve love and attention. They all deserve their own 5 minutes (or days in the case) of fame. My Plan is this: One by one the Palattes shall parade through the open space on my vanity. Starting this Monday, each week I will use only one palette per work week (M-F) and cheat on the weekends. I will use them one by one until I have used them all for  5 day period. I will use them in alphabetical order. I have alphabetized my palettes and started with those that begin with #'s, lowest number to highest, and the A-Z. On Saturday and Sunday (depending on what CalamityJane comes up with) there might be a look or color of the day. In addition to the palette, single shadows and eyeliner may be used (:smileywink: ) in addition to the weekly palette. All looks should mainly come from the palette of the week. This way I can be fair to all of my palettes & all of my older palettes that haven't quite gotten the appreciation they deserve will get some time in the sun. At the end of the week if I was successful I will write the date beside the palette on the list. If I can't get at least 5 days worth of looks from them it is likely time to put them in a TSB or give them to a friend that will love them.  I am hoping this will help me appreciate what I've got rather than constantly thinking I need something new. I am not promising not to buy any shadows in the almost year it will take me to complete this little journey. That is just not realistic.I will just have to use them on weekend cheat days.  I am hoping the experience will at least make me more grateful for all the wonderful things I have & save me some $! LOL This is about accountability. I invite any and all to join. Feel free to make up your own rules and reward system. Just post them here and I will support you in your efforts any way that I can. Not all of us will be able to follow the same rules but we can certainly all support one another! 

Courtesy of Mafan---New Rule* If you absolutely DO NOT like a palette, you have the option of setting it aside for a TSB/give away and moving on to the next palette on your list. No sense in wearing make up you don't like for 5 whole days!Make up is supposed to make us happy. 

Courtesy of JaimeLove---New Rule* A holiday (including your birthday,anniversary or graduation) is an acceptable cheat day! (BRILLIANT)

My List

Week 1: 4 Magic-Lancome  1/17/14 Not keeping, got bored by day 3

Week 2: 4 Passion-Lancome 1/24/14 Depotting one shade and passing on the rest, which are almost new!!! 

Week 3: 10th Anniversary Palettes- Too Faced Quasi-keeper: keeping one blush, and 4 of the shadows. Donating the rest to a friends Z-palette. NOTE TO SELF: Must NOT depot before using! Just got so excited about my new toy!

Week 4: 10 Pan Shadow Palette- Stila.   Keeping- love it more than I knew!! 

Week 5: 15th Anniversary Palette- Urban Decay KEEPER!!!

Week 6:Admire Me Smashbox

Week 7: Adventure Palette-Tarte

Week 8: Be Bright-Too Faced

Week 9: Be Merry-Too Faced

Week10: Book of Shadows2- Urban Decay

Week11: Chocolate Bar-Too Faced

Week12: Cocktail Hour-Bare Minerals

Week13: Deluxe Shadow Box-Urban Decay

Week14: Do it Yourself (4) Tin-Urban Decay

Week15: ELF 100

Week16: Entice Me-Smashbox

Week17: Esperanza-KatVonD

Week18: Eye Couture - Tarte

Week19: Fabulous in Fiji-Stila

Week20: Flash-Smashbox

Week21: Impressionist Palette-Stila

Week22: Joy to the Girls-Too Faced

Week23: Kaleidoscope-Stila

Week24: Kiss-n-Tell- Smashbox

Week25: Lavender Grace - Lancome

Week26: Let it Snow- Stila

Week27: Life in Laguna-Stila

Week28: Masterclass 1- Smashbox

Week29: Masterclass 2- Smashbox

Week30: Minimalist Palette-Stila

Week31: Modernist Palette-Stila

Week32: Naked 3- Urban Decay

Week33: Pee-A-Bright-Eyes-Benefit

Week34: Smolder-Lorac

Week35: Spellbinding Book of Shadows-KatVonD

Week36: Star Child Odyssey- Tarina Tarintino (This should be an interesting week)

Week37: Sweet Romance-Lorac

Week38: Tarte of Giving-Tarte

Week39: Til Death do us Part-Tokidoki

Week40: Unzipped-Lorac

Week41: Urban Ammo-Urban Decay

Week42: Vegas-Tokidoki

Week43: Wizard of Oz (Glinda) -Urban Decay

I would really love to share this with some of you. It is always good to know that you are not alone. Please feel free to share insights and ideas. Here's crossing my fingers for a successful make-up adventure!! :smileyhappy: 

Do you want to be a princess? :smileywink:image.jpgNikki's list: page 1, Glossyguru's & Amberangeline's list: pg. 3, Beethousand & scratch to void Pg. 4, IttyxBittyxMe, jaimelove, and Katie 241 p.6, Carolang & LadyMeag pg.7, CalamityJane & micheleran pg. 8, Mafan & Malday pg.10, warriorwitch pg.11, Nursecupcake pg. 22, Beethousand 27, ghkim pg 40, manniface pg.42, sparklekai pg. 42, siren princess pg. 55

StraightRhodes

Re: Take the Challenge: Palette Parade

Is it too late to get in on this :smileyvery-happy: I've been thinking I need to try to use my palettes more and this is just the sort of thing to get me back in to it.

amberangeline

It's never too late! Just make yourself a list and start now! :-)

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

StraightRhodes, we would love for you to join us!!! We are all going to finish at different times so it doesn't matter when you start  :smileyhappy: Just post your list and cross them off as you go! Feel free to check in as you need and let us know how you are doing. It's kind of a support/inspiration group! Welcome aboard! :smileyhappy: 

bombshell30

Lancome 4 passion is my week # 2. I've kept it all this time because the light lavender is the closest thing I have to my beloved discontinued Spectra! 

calamityjane85

Pretty!!

amberangeline

What a beautiful quad! 

nikki

Pretty!

bombshell30

It will be a fun week. What's up next for you Nikki?

nikki

I have Stila Vol 1, which was a BF steal.

upload_1612736774982951751.jpg

It'll be a very neutral week :smileyhappy:

amberangeline

I have this one somewhere on my list too! Haven't even touched it!

bombshell30

So pretty!! Coppers and mauves! You'll be able to do a lot with that!!!

nikki

I'm excited! It hasn't really gotten any love since I bought it. :/

bombshell30

It will now! The colors look gorgeous. I think you will like it a lot!

glossyguru

Super excited to kick off week 2! This week my palette is the I Heart Britpop palette by Pop Beauty. I've only used this palette twice before, so this week should be interesting!

bombshell30

I'm excited for week 2 as well! Ooooooo I heart BritPop sounds so fun!! Pictures of the palette please if you can Glossy!! We want to see what you a working with!! :smileywink: 

glossyguru

image.jpg

Neutral, but right up my alley. And the shades are gorgeous, especially that coppery color

bombshell30

Drooling! It is gorgeous!! LOVE the copper!

mafan

Okay, here's my week's checkin.  This week I was using Tarte's Rising Star palette.

palette 1 --rising star.JPG

I didn't take pictures of my looks,but I did experiment on the 4 days this week that I actually wore makeup.  I went with bronze, taupe, moss green and grey with blue in the crease, silver in the inner corner and the dark steel color smudged as a liner. That last one is different from what I would usually do but jellybean917 said it looked good and I should do it more. :smileyhappy:. I also used the face side of the palette each day. I like it and think I'll keep it, when I was considering getting rid of it before this challenge .

Next up is my new Chanel palette. I might not use it tomorrow, however, since I need to drive my husband to work early and doubt I'll have time to put on makeup before I head out. 

And I have to admit, I have things to add to my list. I forgot I had the Stila Snow Angel palette. And I bought a new YSL quad yesterday at the outlet (and a Lancôme and a YSL lipstick). It's different from other things I have and I want to play with it right away. 

bombshell30

By all means slip it your new palette into your number 2 spot Mafan!!! :smileywink: I am glad that the challenge help you decide you wanted to keep your palette.  Proud of you for trying something different and getting out of your comfort zone!! YAY!!!!

mafan

I'll probably slip it in at 3 or 4. I really need to try out that Chanel palette so that I can return it if I don't like it. It was far too expensive to just sit. And I need to move the Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons up, too, since I need to decide if the other one is something my mom would use; even if I like it she might not, and I want to know for myself, too

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I agree 100% that you can't just have Chanel lying around!! LOL :smileyhappy: The lists are meant to be fluid so move things around to where you need them. Bon Bons.. I love it. I wish I had some bon bons!! LOL I think it's good that we are all getting some thing figured out! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 1264 replies
  • 2367 hearts
  • 93 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • nikki
    • killahbabe
    • anaa
    • malday