TOP 5 MAKEUP BRANDS YOU WANT TO SEE @SEPHORA

1.Chanel

2. MAC

3.D&G

4. Burberry

5. Clarins

mangosong

Re: TOP 5 MAKEUP BRANDS YOU WANT TO SEE @SEPHORA

I just wish they would bring back Cargo and Tokidoki.

cheekychick23

[ Edited ]
Oh and they deff carry Bobbi brown but I'm not sure about the others
cheekychick23

@LadyDragonFire they sell illamasqua at the eaton centre along with other lines hat aren't availaelse in multiple other locations (like he actual full freaking line of MUFE and that whole amazing section devoted to MUFE... Can you tell I like MUFE?). Aha

msmisty

1. Burberry

2. Besame

That's all I can really think of for now

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I love Burberry!! I think it has become my favorite overall line (the quality is outstanding!).

makeupobesessed

Idk, actually I'm pretty happy with the brands that are already at Sephora.  If they sold Mac, I'd be even broker than I am on my makeup budget.  Otherwise, I really don't know hat else is out there that I'm missing.  Ignorance is bliss.

mebeval

(0) Hearts

1. Burberry

2. Le Metier de Beaute

3. Edward Bess

4. Tom Ford

5. Chanel

LadyDragonfire

(0) Hearts

Five brands I would love to see at the Sephora locations closest to me are:

1.) Bobbi Brown - I know some Sephora locations carry Bobbi Brown makeup, but the ones nearest me do not.

2.) Estee Lauder - I know of at least one Sephora location that carries EL, but unfortunately the ones nearest me do not. Its fantastic quality makeup so I'd love to see it in more stores.

3.) Illamasqua: On my "Beauty Insider" personalized products, (on the Sephora website online) I had an Illamasqua eyeshadow recommendation. I went to the Sephora store nearest me to try it out, and was disappointed to find that they do not carry Illamasqua makeup! So, there's another one I'd like to see.

4.) Chanel: I've heard lots of people recommend Chanel makeup, but I've never had the chance to try it! I would love to see Chanel makeup at Sephora!

5.) Cover FX: I know Sephora carries this line of makeup, but seriously, I don't think I've ever seen at any of the Sephora locations nearest me.

BTW: I live in Ontario, Canada in the Greater Toronto Area.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

To those wondering why brands like MAC and others aren't present in Sephora, take a look at the business side/aspect of it.

Many times there are different branding houses that handle the fragrance aspect and the cosmetics aspect of a line, and dependant on the acquisiton and partnering with which company, retailers can be limited to just a certain portion of a brands products.

There are also instances where due to the competitve nature of the beauty world, exclusive deals are inked with vendors and retailers for a line to only be carried at their location.

For example, Calvin Klien is a subsidiary of Coty, both its fragrance and color line is under Coty; however, department stores, and locations like Ulta and Sephora carry the CK perfumes/colognes, while Ulta just got CK color in their stores and Sephora did not.

Cargo Cosmetics used to be carried in full by Sephora; however they were eventually phased out in stores and online, soon after, Ulta picked up the line. When contracts expire or are bought out, that's when other retailers can acquire brands.

Some brands may have stronger ties to retailers in terms of contract length, binding, and regulations, and not to mention, retailers may also offer bigger bucks to be one of the few carrying a brand or even the only one. It wouldn't be wise for a cosmetic/beauty brand who is getting paid $XXX,XXX,XXX by one store to leave and get paid $XXX,XXX and carried by multiple locations no matter how much consumers may want. If a brand is big and powerful enough, they know they can command a consumers dollar regardless of whether they're sold exclusively at one place or at multiple easily accessible locations.

Think of it like this, (example) if MAC were to suddenly be available at Sephora, think of how much money MAC stores themselves would lose out to Sephora. Though MAC is already carried in select department stores, their individual stores often carry full lines, extended stock, and have a larger inventory, still giving it the leg up on their department store counters. If MAC paired with Sephora, it wouldn't just be a killer deal that would have to be inked, MAC would have to take into account how profits need to be shared, whether proper advertisement and dedication can be allowed to the brand, and whether MAC would want to be side by side with competiting brands on shelf space in such a close proximity.

Stores like Sephora and Ulta that carry various brands don't just randomly set up shelf space for a line, when a deal is inked, that brand literally pays for as much of that store's space as possible. In other words, the larger the display, the more space dedicated to a line, the more money that company spent to take that spot and keep its products there. When you think of it like that, consider how well MAC does with its own free standing stores, plus its department store counters, and then ask if they need to take out XYZ amount of dollars for minimumal shelf space at Sephora. I can tell you right out the gate it wouldn't be wise as MAC is such an extensive line with many promotional segments that there's no way Sephora could wipe out or add enough space to carry it all, and then it falls to thinking, if they can't carry enough product, why carry it at all then?

katie1724

Exactly! I think this every time someone mentions MAC -- it just doesn't make sense, business wise -- at all.

lylysa

Yup! It's tough sometimes to focus or even consider the business end of things as a consumer because as a consumer we are very spoiled by stores like Sephora which offer up such a variety in one hub.

It's like we all wish brands and business would get along and coexist under one roof because the beauty world is so creative, ever changing and expanding, and has so much to offer, but the business side of the creativeness still keeps a firm hold as far as what will be in the best interest of a company itself.

jenndef

I was about to type "MAC" & I see that it is already among the top five? So is there a chance that Sephora is considering adding this brand to their offering? I would LOVE this!! Please do! :smileyhappy:

jjj4evr

(0) Hearts

1. MAC 

2. Dermalogica (skincare i know but i love them)

3. Tom Ford

4. Le Metier de Beaute

5.Cle de peau (their concealer is life changing)

lylysa

I know for a fact Dermalogica is tied to Ulta as its not only offer/sold there, but it's what the Ulta Salon & Spa use for their facial treatments.

It becomes a case of "don't bite the hand that feeds" for Dermalogica. Though Sephora fans may want the brand in their stores, if Dermalogica inked a deal with Sephora while still being at Ulta and its salon/spa, it would take away sales from Ulta and diminish the exclusivity of the line to their locations.

viviene23

(0) Hearts

1 BURBERRY BEAUTY

2 SHU UEMURA

3 JOUER

4 LE METIER DE BEAUTE

5 PAUL AND JOE

solveig

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Giorgio Armani, Chanel, Calvin Klein, Burberry and Tom Ford - makeup-wise.

Jo Malone, diptyque, Shiseido, Van Cleef & Arpels, and just more selective perfume brands (although I understand why that would never happen).

SIDE NOTE: It seems like an awful lot of people want to see a lot of the same brands (Chanel and Armani makeup, for example), and Sephora already carries their perfumes, so I don't understand why not carry makeup as well? They have Dior and YSL, which are in the same price range.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Sephora in France (aka the original) does sell Armani Beauty, Chanel and many of the other high end lines, but Sephora in the United States does not (and probably will not -- at least not Chanel). Chanel cosmetics used to be sold in US Sephora stores, but they parted ways around 7-8 years ago. (A Chanel employee told me that when US Sephora contracted with J.C. Penney, Chanel pulled the cosmetic line from the US stores because it's a higher end line and wanted to be associated with higher end retail stores (I have no way of knowing if this is true, however). The fragrance has always been more widely available, so it makes sense that they continued to sell that. Armani Beauty is relatively new (I think it's only been around since 2009-ish), so they could eventually make a deal -- but I would be surprised. It seems that most high end or very high end / luxury brands are not sold at US Sephora stores (such as Clé de Peau, Chantecaille, Tom Ford, La Prairie, etc.) perhaps because they want to be aligned with the more exclusive luxury retail chains (Neiman Marcus, Barney's, etc. -- and Nordstrom to some extent). Guerlain is an exception, but I don't think the whole line is available. (All of that said, I certainly would love to see Burberry and all of the above at Sephora -- the money I'm spending elsewhere would earn me VIB points! :smileyhappy:)

solveig

I guess it makes sense, but it is so frustrating! I don't have any high-end department stores anywhere near where I live, so I can only shop for most of those brands online (there is a Chanel counter at my Macy's, but that's it). The rest of them I can only order from Nordstrom and the likes.

But since Sephora and Sephora inside J.C.Penney are separately standing stores, why couldn't they carry high-end/luxury brands in regular Sephora stores but not inside JCP? I understand that these brands have to make it look like they are so incredibly prestigious (in order to uphold their pricings), but it's difficult to buy makeup without seeing it first-hand.

How I wish there was a web-store that carried all and every beauty brand out there and where you would be able to order samples of the stuff you're interested in! A girl can dream, right? :smileyhappy:

katie1724

(0) Hearts

Oh, I hear you! I can imagine how frustrating that is.  I wish Sephora did carry more high end lines (for as much as I spend on this stuff elsewhere). You're right, too, about buying makeup sight unseen -- so often the website images are not even of the products themselves but computer-generated colors (and there's just no way to know how it will look in real life). I do wish samples were more widely available, too (and this is what I do love about Sephora) -- and for the company, it probably helps to avoid as many returns (and wasted products).

hn1234

D&G beauty, cle de peau, estee lauder, jouer,chanel

etherealbliss

1. Chanel
  2. Armani
  3. D&G
  4. Tom Ford
  5. Deborah Lippmann
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments