sephoramusthave

THANK YOU SEPHORA!

I want to thank Candace and the BT mods and Sephora for giving out a free eyeshadow for those who participated in the swatch to get a free shadow sweepstakes here on beauty talk! I am absolutely THRILLED with my shadow, I couldn't have picked out a better one myself and I see myself wearing it every single day!

Thank you so much!!

JenBlush

Re: THANK YOU SEPHORA!

I received mine (prom queen qhich is a pink) and it wasn't even any of the ones i had chosen! And i was like on the top 10 first people who posted the picture! :smileysad: 

I know its a free eyeshadow but... I know i wont wear the color i got! :smileysad: So its a free eyeshadow i got for nothing :smileysad: 

I dont mean to sound ungrateful. But I'm just sad!

bittersweet86

Though I completely understand it stinks not getting a color you wanted maybe you should try it (who knows you might like it) or see if it could be used as a blush. You could even crush it up and put it in some clear nail polish or clear lipgloss if you like pink polish / lipgloss ^_^ 

JenBlush

Great ideas... I hope i can find some use out of it!

katie1724

I'm not sure what shade of pink it is, but I discovered that pink can be really lovely paired with a darker brown or bronze. I use a little on the lid, with the darker brown on the outer corners and into the crease. Just a suggestion -- I'm not sure how it translates on the skin. Ok, I just looked at it now -- and I totally agree with bittersweet86 -- try it as a blush!! You can totally use eyeshadow as blush -- the reverse (blush as eyeshadow) is more difficult sometimes because you obviously have to be careful of what goes in the eye area (some red / orange pigments aren't safe), but if it's on your cheeks, it'll be fine. I bet that shade is gorgeous as a blush -- it reminds me of a more user-friendly version of NARS Desire. :smileyvery-happy:

JenBlush

swfupload_7656108498561278881.jpg Yep this is the color! (it looks a little darker in person) And i agree! it looks better as a blush!! The thing is that pinks with my skin color blend and don't look good. I have to use a white base in order for the color to be shown. So i just dont use it all together! but yes, will be using as a blush! thank you girls!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

The contest said that the eyeshadow that you receive will be randomly chosen, NOT necessarily the ones you picked (altho we can always hope). Oh well, sounds like a good opportunity to experiment mixing/layering colors. I know layering blue/green give my look extra depth. Maybe you can layer it with dark blue and it looks like purple? or use as blush?

If it makes you feel better, the only other time I won something, I didn't realize until 8 month later (stupid Facebook notification), and it was a pair of $2000 shoes. I couldn't get it obviously. Oh you have no idea how bitter I was.

sephoramusthave

Why be sad about a free shadow? It didn't say anywhere in the sweepstakes that we would get to pick the color that's sent to us. If you don't like it, give it away to a friend or family member. I hope Sephora doesn't see comments like this because it does sound ungrateful....and I hope that they don't cancel any future giveaways because of it.

JenBlush

When they first announced it, that was what i interpreted from it. To swatch three colors you like and you will receive one... I thought that was the whole point of swatching 3 that i liked the most. But then they changed and altered the information to extend the giveaway and add rules and regulations, and i guess they changed it up after that.
Or who knows, maybe that was just what i interpreted from it.
Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have been given anything for free, it just wasn't what I was expecting, therefore i guess i am disapointed at what I was given. And it's not so much that it wasnt those exact colors, because if it was a blue, a purple, a green, black, brown, those i wouldnt have said anything about.. Its just that-that pink color doesn't look well on me (nor reds), because i have tried it in the past.
But I guess like @bittersweet86 said, I will have to try using it as something else. Or like you said give it away.
I am not mad at anyone, neither am i mad at Sephora or Candace, or any of the BT mods that were in charge... Im glad i got ANYTHING because i never do.
I honestly apologize for sounding ungrateful :'(

candacebt

[ Edited ]

Hi JenBlush! Thank you for your feedback, and I really am truly sorry that you don't like the shadow that you were sent. The rules did always state that the shadows were chosen at random (that part wasn't changed), but since it was just me running the giveaway, I thought that it would be nice if I could pick a shadow for each person that they would like and wear, so I spent a couple of weeks going through all of the photos and trying to coordinate everyone's shadow with what they swatched (or in some cases, requested). After all, we want you to wear it!

The issue was that I didn't have access to every color in the assortment, and of the 3 you swatched I think I only had 3 or so of one color and they had already been allotted, so I gave you Prom Queen because I thought it would be close to the purple shadow you swatched and you would like it (I really did spend this much time thinking about everyone's shadow, I get a little OCD with stuff like this. :smileyhappy:). 

So again, I'm sorry you didn't like it. I hope you can least get some use out of it as a blush or lipgloss, and when we do the next giveaway I hope you get something that you'll actually like!

Best,

Candace

makeupobesessed

Candace, I just read ur post and it was very sweet what you did.  You couldve just threw a shadow in an envelope and sent it on its way, but the thought process alone is what i am grateful for.  Its nice when a perfect stranger (essentially-except on BT) goes above and beyond when they dont have to.  Thank you.

JenBlush

Aww :'( I'm sorry! great! i feel even worse now! >.< ugh

I guess that was my interpretation of it, which lead me to high hopes! I did try it out as a blush though, and it doesn't look bad! So at least i did get some use out of it!

Thank you for all your effort though! Sorry that I'm sounding so bratty and ungrateful! D:

quenbee

Aww, I'm reading this and I think the mods are so sweet and thoughtful!!!!!  I just love you guys - and BT of course!!!!!!!!

drrragon

aww, JenBlush, I could see that.  If you thought the entire time that part of the promotion was to get one of the shadows you'd swatched, I can see the sinking heart when you opened your package and got something different. :smileysad:

But considering your username, maybe it's fate to see whether it works as a blush or not! :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

Cute...I just got it!

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I mean, I got the joke...lol

sephoramusthave

Oh okay, no worries :smileyvery-happy:

I don't usually wear pink shadow, but I do have UD Woodstock which sounds similar to yours---a darker, vibrant pink. Such a nice color, I got it cuz kimmi raved about it.

JenBlush

haha!! yes!! i mean, the color is really pigmented and great!! So lets see! maybe it will come around! 

thank you for understanding!

lolo01

Thanks Ladies :*

starletta8

Thank you so much, Candace, BT mods, and Sephora!

I love my shadow- and will be breaking out my contacts just to use it!  I have nothing like it in my stash- it's #87- Choco Excess!

shadow2.jpg

melde

Yes! I LOVE the color I received!!! Thank you!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

bittersweet86

Yes thank you so much!!! I would have never actually picked the color I got for myself (I swatched it because I thought it was pretty but nothing I might use) but I love the color so thank you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 55 replies
  • 164 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4