pandapple6

Sunscreen Quiz!

[ Edited ]

This is a quzi to find out if you are a sunscreen freak (like myself) or should be more careful in the sun:

1) I wear  ______ hat when I got out in the sun

A. No 

B. A baseball cap

C. Wide Brimmed Hat 

2) I wear ________ when I go to the beach. 

A. A bathing suit with no sunscreen, I want a tan. 

B.  A bathing suit with some sunscreen

C. Sun protective clothing, a hat, and sunscreen

3) I apply my sunscreen_____.

A. Once when I get to my destination, or nothing

B. At home and every so often

C. Before I leave my house, when I get to my destination, and every hour. 

4) I own_____. 

A. One bottle of sunscreen or less

B. 2-3 Sunscreen related products

C. Face sunscreen, sunscreen stick, foaming sunscreen, spray sunscreen, sunscreen lotion, and backups

(if over 4 products, post how many you have).

5) I know the difference between UVA or UVB rays

A. No

B. Only one

C. Both

If you answered mostly A's: You need to brush up on your sun saftey!!

If you answered mostly B's: You are trying to protect yourself, but there is still more you can do :smileyhappy:

If you answered mostly C's: Sun saftey smart! :smileyvery-happy: You are very good about being protective of the sun :smileyvery-happy: 

Comment and heart! 

katimae

Re: Sunscreen Quiz!

I'm appox a B. I guess that's avg.  Could do better, could do worse. Should do better though since I'm a fair skinned red head!

This is a quzi to find out if you are a sunscreen freak (like myself) or should be more careful in the sun:

1) I wear  __A____ hat when I got out in the sun

A. No 

B. A baseball cap

C. Wide Brimmed Hat 

2) I wear ___B_____ when I go to the beach. 

3) I apply my sunscreen_B____.

4) I own___4__. 

C. Face sunscreen, sunscreen stick, foaming sunscreen, spray sunscreen, sunscreen lotion, and backups

A. No

B. Only one

C. Both  xxx

If you answered mostly A's: You need to brush up on your sun saftey!!

If you answered mostly B's: You are trying to protect yourself, but there is still more you can do :smileyhappy:

If you answered mostly C's: Sun saftey smart! :smileyvery-happy: You are very good about being protective of the sun :smileyvery-happy: 

berniebeauty

My aunt used to have skin cancer so she does all that protective stuff so she's like a sunscreen skin care model for me!

She applies sunscreen every 4 hours on the hour, wears wide brimmed hats and wears as much clothing as possible. She's so awesome and I love her so much!:smileyvery-happy:

My answers are

1. A

2.B

3.B

4. B

5. A

My aunt would be all C's I know that for sure. The only thing I don't know is how much sunscreen she has.:smileytongue:

~~ We are all Beautiful~~

dianabt

Hi pandapple6!

This is such a helpful and fun quiz! I think everyone can stand to be a bit more sun-conscious and aware of their skin's safety. You can definitely get a burn even in cloudy or foggy weather so using an SPF is very important! I use the Josie Maran Argan SPF 40 which is so hydrating and soft while protecting my skin. I also like the new Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50 Sunscreen.  It's lightweight and easily absorbed onto the skin while being oil free and safe for use under any other moisturizer or makeup. 

Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused SPF 40+

Protect The Truth™ SPF 50+ Sunscreen

One last tip.. for you tanning goddesses out there who LOVE that bronzey skin look.. SELF TAN!! So much safer on the skin and takes an hour at the most! Try the Kate Somerville Somer360 Tanning Towelettes or the Sephora Collection Self Tanning Mist, both of which dry quickly and give a beautiful bronzey glow. :smileyhappy:

Somerville360°™ Tanning Towelettes

Tinted Self-Tanning Body Mist

Happy sun safety everyone! :smileywink:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sephoramusthave

A. No 

B. A baseball cap

C. Wide Brimmed Hat 

C. Before I leave my house, when I get to my destination, and every hour. ( I only reapply sunscreen at the beach/pool etc, for everyday once is enough because I use natural, physical blockers that stay on top of skin until you wash it off at night)

4) I own_____. 

A. No

B. Only one

C. Both

waterbaby1981

A. No 

B. A baseball cap

C. Wide Brimmed Hat 

Actually, I try to stay in the shade or inside between 10 am to 4 pm (they extended the hours this year when the sun's rays are strongest).  Of course, I still slather on the sunblock, especially when driving!

B, it isn't the beach without a swimsuit and sunblock

C, no exceptions, 30 minutes before I leave so it has time to sink in.

4) I own_____. 

C; I'm looking at three spray bottles of sunblock right now, two powder sunscreens, a sunscreen stick, two face sunblocks, and an undereye sunscreen (Shiseido sunblock is the BEST for facial sunscreen, moreso than Neutrogena, which tends to hate my face.   Yet Neutrogena works fantastic on my body.  I have to wonder....Too bad one is so more expensive than the other!)

A. No

B. Only one

C. Both

C, plus there's also UVC rays that we never hear about.  Can't remember what they are at this point though.

tenngal

This is a fun idea, pandapple!  Of course, you know I'm a sunscreen nut, too, ha ha.  Let's see how I do on the quiz.

C. Wide Brimmed Hat 

4) I own_____. 

C. Both

Well, I answered all C's, so I really am a sunscreen-aholic and paranoid of being in the sun too much, ha ha. :smileyvery-happy: 

lashreece

1) C.  Of course my wide brimmed hat is not as dorky as my husband's french legionnaires hat (can you say big long ear flaps!)

2) C. I look more like one of the dessert sheikhs  

3) C. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to sunscreen.

4)  C. I go through a bottle every couple days. But I also keep many back-ups and types.  Let's just say at least 20.  I have lotions, sprays, eye creams, lip stuff, stuff for the hair AND I make sure that most of the make-up I purchase also contains SPF.

5) C.

Ladies don't forget to make sure your sun has antioxidants to take care of those free radicals created by the chemicals in the sunscreen ...so you don't end up negating all the good you are doing!!!!

kimmi1115

Although I live in TN where people joke that our four seasons are Summer, Summer, Summer, and Christmas, I'm probably gonna fail this quiz lol. 

1. A  (I sometimes wear my cowgirl hat though)

2. B  (Myrtle Beach was hot and humid when I went in July)

3. A 

4. B (my mom has all that stuff with the medicine)

5.B....

Well, I figured I could do more.  Perhaps I should hide the tanning oil and use more sunscreen instead of trying to catch up on my boyfriend who stays tan all year round lol.   Cool thread!

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

Great quiz, pandapple!  On question number 4, for fun, you should ask us rabid sunscreen fanatics, how many sunscreen products do you actually have?

I have 4 in my purse alone!  Looks to be around 7 just lying around the house/porch, probably another shocking amount in the bathroom closet too! LOL!  If you do decide to ask, I'll actually count them up and be not too surprised.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • lashreece
    • katimae
    • waterbaby1981