prettyinpa

Summer Vacation

So summer is just around the corner- what plans do you have for the summer? I hope to get in a couple of kayak trips on local rivers and a day or 2 at the beach. I just love the sound of waves on the sand and those cool ocean breezes!

beautylovingirl

Re: Summer Vacation

@crazeeRN- That's a great feeling to have especially as crazy as life is today.

redrose04

(0) Hearts

I want to go back in Dubai UAE, there's a lot of nice hotel by the beach and not really expensive. I want to try on of the hotel in palm beach it's breath taking.

beautylovingirl

@makeupobsessed- Oh my gosh I love Myrtle Beach we went there about two years ago and I did not want to come back.

makeupobesessed

@ Kimmi and Beautylovingirl:  Myrtle Beach is our favorite beach to go to thats within driving distance.  My kids prefer it over Ocean  City MD anyway, even though the drive is longer.  Other than getting on a plane to the caribbean somewhere, they always chose MB.

kimmi1115

There's so much to do at Myrtle Beach, whether you're a little kid, teen, or adult.  I also love the shopping, and Margaritaville is probably my favorite place to eat.  

crayzeeRN

I've been going to Myrtle almost yearly since I was little! I love Barefoot Landing & Broadway at the Beach. The taffy/fudge stores make me feel like a little kid all over again :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

[ Edited ]

So far, the only vacay planned is a trip to Myrtle Beach.  Other than that, we always hit Ocean City since its a short drive from Baltimore.

kimmi1115

I love Myrtle Beach!!  Alligator Adventure is one of my favorite attractions!

kissXmakeup

My boyfriend & I are both graduating this month, him this week & I am graduating next & we wanna plan a nice getaway! We were looking at Vegas, maybe San Diego. Definitely lots of beach dates this summer, we are finally freeee! Well, kinda. Loans to pay and time to find real jobs! haha

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

Congrats on graduating!!! I graduated with my BF two years ago :smileyhappy: Best of luck with the job hunt! 

kd006

I'm going to New York in early June.. So just a few weeks away. I'm very excited! So if anyone knows the best sephora to go to I would like your input! I'll be staying in times square so anywhere within walking distance would be great. I don't have a sephora near me and the one that is 2 hours away doesn't stock every brand so hopefully new york will have everything! I know i'm going to go a little crazy in sephora! lol.

prettyinpa

The one on 5th Avenue is just awesome, it's the flagship store, so there is just tons of stuff there! I also like to go to the one in Soho because it's less crowded and there is all the fabulous shopping on the same street. (Prada, Topshop, and tons of boutiques and designers on West Broadway, which is just 2 blocks away. Chinatown is easy walking distance from Soho, as well as Little Italy, if your dining taste is for Italian food. You can take the subway from Times Square to Soho easily with no transfers. You will want to get a MetroPass while you are there so you can get around less expensively, taxis are hard to flag down and cost way more. PM me if you want any other hints, I go to NYC a lot for work.

kd006

(0) Hearts

You seem like you know a lot! I will definitely PM you when it gets a little closer to my trip to ask you a few questions!

melissabt

Ohhh that sounds like fun:smileyhappy:! I am planning a trip to Seattle to visit some relatives. I used to go up every summer when I was younger and I haven't been there in a few years. I want to do some site seeing and eat some good sea food.

<3 Melissa
janinebt

You all have some incredible summer plans!

I'm planning on going to Kauai this July with my boyfriend. His mom is paying for the trip (a college graduation gift), so I'm insanely excited.

I can't wait for warm beaches, beautiful water, and the lush island life for a week.

We may also plan a little weekend trip in LA before September rolls along.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
WhereYouStand

I'm hoping to move into an apartment  on my own hopefully in uptown my roomate is planning on getting married and moving out so I am happy for his adventures to come with his future but moving can be a pain in the rear and will take a lot of time and energy into just trying to view and find a reasonable potential available apartment alone but still I am happy. it's about time I get my own place. i want a kitten so bad and the place I am living in has never allowed it. & I have been living there for around 7-8 years. so I haven't had a pet since high school & I've never owned a cat...always a dog. so i am super psyched about it. i want to get a runt with green eyes  & black fur and name it achillies to be ironic... I know I'm weird lol.  

janinebt

@WhereYouStand that's SO exciting. I love animals and completely feel your paint on not having one. I'm so thankful that my current place allows pets. I know a lot of people get super stressed about moving, but I really enjoy it.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Spyski

@prettyinpa, nice topic, love me some yaking around!

Unfortunately, I have work all summer butttt I will be taking my vacation time THIS Thursday for a week to spend learning skills on the water with my recent splurge, a sailboat...well a catamaran for those familiar with sailing! It's our first BIG purchase together (bf and I), so its quite exciting to budget all the extra equipment and safety gear. He has been sailing for a couple years now, but I have only been out about 4 times in my life. Also, got an overnight tuna trip with my pops planned for this weekend, hopefully the weather holds so we catch some good eat'n! I can't wait. I'm at work just counting down the hours! hehe

beautylovingirl

We don't have one planned right now but who knows we might just do one of those spontaneous spur of the moment type trips.

arielaaaaaaaa

I hope i will be able to go somewhere this summer! Me and my sister usually go to San Antonio and do some major shopping and stuff. But she's pregnant and never feels good at all. Poor thing :smileysad: 

Maybe she will feel better and we can go somewhere. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 76 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • lowrah
    • kimmi1115