Summer Fun!!!!

lylysa

Summer Fun!!!!

[ Edited ]

So granted the Summer brings heat and humidity that can bog our skin care, make up, and even hair styling routines down with a boat load of issues from oil, frizz, shine, and sweat, but Summer time also launches fun products from brands we love, brings our abilities to best waterproof and lock down our long wear items for days we might want to look a bit made up by the pool or on the beach, and Summer also brings us great opportunities to get out, travel, and venture into a bunch of outdoor activities!

I want to know, Beauty Talk, what's your Summer fun?!?!

Do you hike and bike? Do you swim your heart out? You you travel nonstop? Do you just hit up your local Sephora for new product so much they know you by name :smileytongue:? What exciting and fun things do you do or have you done so far?

Share pics, experiences, and stories!!! :smileyhappy: I always love learning more and more about each of you!

This past weekend was my boyfriend's birthday and he decided he wanted to....JUMP OUT OF A PLANE!

Skydiving time! Yup! He got video and photos taken of his venture, but the crew did manage to snap a quick one of us smootching before we were going to jump out! I had such a blast, there's really nothing quite like it and for anyone considering it, GO FOR IT! It's 1000 times better than a roller coaster and once your parachute is open and you're just gliding it's so breathtaking and actually so relaxing! The first part (the jump out of the plane with the instructor) is super surreal, you're free falling through clouds and you feel the temperature get cooler as you do!

skdvks.jpg
I got to land standing with my instructor which was pretty cool! This is one experience I definitely want to relive!

lylysa

Re: Summer Fun!!!!

Fishhhhhing! My family are huge into deep sea fishing and always make a huge outing for it!

When the chute was open I was so caught up with looking down that I kept forgetting to look out and around because you can see for dayyyyyyyyys when you're up in the air!

Meg82

I'm a para-educator (aide) in a special ed classroom so I generally have the summer off.  This summer, in the fun category, I'm going to spend a lot of time writing and a lot of time finding fun walks to go on.  I love walking and during the school year I am often too tired and cranky to get out much so I'm super psyched to have the time off to wander around in the woods.  I'm also going to Chicago \o/.  In the not so fun category I'm having surgery on Thursday and am taking some online classes this summer.  But I choose to focus on the walking and writing and going to Chicago.

I'm super jealous of your skydiving, I've always wanted to do that. I'm glad you had so much fun!

lylysa

You totally need to one day :smileyhappy: it's a blast!

Hope surgery goes smooth and you recover in no time!

Yay for getting back into the hiking/walking kick and for travel!

sephoramusthave

Girl you couldn't PAY me enough money to get me to jump out of a plane so KUDOS and I'm glad you had fun!!

I go to the beach every year, I'm going to South Padre Island next month :smileyvery-happy:

I spend a LOT of time in the water---waterpark (Schlitterbahn!!), lake, swimming pool. Getting a tan, reading beauty magazines, swimming and relaxing. That's my kind of summer fun!!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Have funnnnnn!!!! I haven't been to a water/theme park in forever!

I love being in the water!

Spyski

Schlitterbahn is on my bucket list! Oh, I love waterparks. We have a couple smaller ones on the Gulf Coast, but nothing as awesome as that one!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 103 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • annonymous1
    • drrragon