lylysa

Summer Fun!!!!

[ Edited ]

So granted the Summer brings heat and humidity that can bog our skin care, make up, and even hair styling routines down with a boat load of issues from oil, frizz, shine, and sweat, but Summer time also launches fun products from brands we love, brings our abilities to best waterproof and lock down our long wear items for days we might want to look a bit made up by the pool or on the beach, and Summer also brings us great opportunities to get out, travel, and venture into a bunch of outdoor activities!

I want to know, Beauty Talk, what's your Summer fun?!?!

Do you hike and bike? Do you swim your heart out? You you travel nonstop? Do you just hit up your local Sephora for new product so much they know you by name :smileytongue:? What exciting and fun things do you do or have you done so far?

Share pics, experiences, and stories!!! :smileyhappy: I always love learning more and more about each of you!

This past weekend was my boyfriend's birthday and he decided he wanted to....JUMP OUT OF A PLANE!

Skydiving time! Yup! He got video and photos taken of his venture, but the crew did manage to snap a quick one of us smootching before we were going to jump out! I had such a blast, there's really nothing quite like it and for anyone considering it, GO FOR IT! It's 1000 times better than a roller coaster and once your parachute is open and you're just gliding it's so breathtaking and actually so relaxing! The first part (the jump out of the plane with the instructor) is super surreal, you're free falling through clouds and you feel the temperature get cooler as you do!

skdvks.jpg
I got to land standing with my instructor which was pretty cool! This is one experience I definitely want to relive!

kimmi1115

Re: Summer Fun!!!!

My summer class was cancelled due low enrollment.  I wish the school would have told me sooner so that I could have tried to join an earlier session.  I was not a happy camper.  I was stressed and having a panic attack.  Now, I'll get to take a winter session class. -_-

Since I have some more time, I've started volunteering with the local humane society, which is where Meat Head came through for vetting and paper work.  He was originally at Animal Control.  I've volunteered with other animal organizations, so I decided to work with another one.  The main ones I work with are in the neighboring towns.  I spent my first day in the cat room, and I took a few pictures and videos for Instagram and Facebook.  I'm  hoping if my friends see them, they may find a new furry family member.  :smileyhappy:

shelter.jpg

beautylovingirl

@kimmi1115- Your pawpaw is adorable!

kimmi1115

He's a hoot, and it's always hilarious fun when we all get together.  

keelybt

Omg I could never skydive! I have a pretty bad fear of heights lol

@Kimmi Your pawpaw is so cute!

I'm cramming all my summer fun into the next 2 weeks.  My boyfriend and I live on opposite ends of the country and he'll be coming out to visit for two whole weeks!  It's such good timing because we'll have the 4th of July, his birthday and he can accompany me to a wedding.  He's not the easiest to plan things for because he'd rather just wait and see how things shake out.  I, on the other hand, have to know what's going to happen and make plans in my head. lol

So far we may be going to a cabin on the river, visiting some family in Monterey and going to a wedding.  For his birthday, I was kind of stumped....so what does every guy like....the spa! haha Well he enjoys a good massage and I found a nice one that has jacuzzi tubs too.  I think he'll enjoy that because he's always complaining that he's too tall to fit into most bathtubs :smileysad:

kimmi1115

I hope you and your boyfriend enjoy the different activities!  It sounds like it will be very relaxing, especially at the spa.  

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Tall people problems...my bf is the same way!!! A nice deep tissue massage sounds nice, especially for guys, it's less frilly and I'm sure you two will make the most of the 2 weeks, it sounds like a bunch of fun already!

beautylovingirl

lylysa- You are just the cutest little thing  you look like one of those little Indian dolls in this picture and great job on doing the jump I'm sure it would be a blast!

lylysa

Aww, thanks! :smileyhappy:

My instructor asked if he could play with my hair once we jumped since they would be flying everywhere! Haha!

kimmi1115

Lylysa, first of all, you are so much braver than I am lol.  I would need a nerve pill or something before I could jump out of a good airplane lol.  That is such a cute photo of you and your boyfriend!  That's an awesome facebook profile picture!

So far, my summer has started with different things.  Hiking and having a surprise cookout for my papaw's 79th birthday.  He absolutely loved it!  My parents and I have been working on house projects.  Reorganizing the porch and whatnot.  Last weekend, we painted the kitchen and my bathroom.  This weekend will be my parents' bathroom.  I'm convinced painting burns a lot of calories lol.

friendly deer.jpgLanndan and I went to Bays Mountain, and this is such a sweet deer there!

fire pit.jpgMom was hoping for a fire pit for Christmas, but she didn't drop hints too well lol.  Better late than never lol.  Roasted hot dogs over a the fire are the best hot dogs lol.

me and papaw.jpgFrom the surprise cookout.  I always mess with my papaw's hat, even though I'm 21 lol.  However, I'm the only one who can get away with it lol.  He usually gets me back, too lol.

squishy nala.jpgI always take pictures the animals no matter what the season is.  Squishy face Nala lol.

lylysa

^_^ Awesome photos, Kimmi!!!! Hahaha, squishy face Nala is too cute! She looks like she is enjoying the heck out of those snuggles! We need to make that a Sephora cat meme!

Your pawpaw looks like he's got a great sense of humor, especially with rocking his hat for a photo like that! Haha! The baby deer is super adorable and that fire pit looks wicked, yum for roasting hot dogs, did you make smores too?

lylysa

sfwktmm.jpg

I couldn't help it!

kimmi1115

I love the memes!!!!!  Those are just too adorable!!!  Perhaps Nala wants to go to Sephora for makeup to match her new collar! lol.  Actually, she would just find the most interesting tester and turn it into a toy lol.  

lylysa

Hahaha, you see "kabuki brush", Nala sees "cat toy"!

kimmi1115

It's a good thing she has never seen my makeup brushes, or they would probably go missing lol.  

annonymous1

omg i love this

crayzeeRN

Hahaha, LOVE it!

I check the point perks every morning... hahah

lylysa

It's like a mini thrill when something new is added/changed!

Spyski

Oh, memes. You get me every time :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

I think we ALL make that face when we make a purchase in store or get our goodies shipped to us!

pinklissamel

Kenny** You will love Alaska!! I live here and this summer has been absolutely amazing sunny days HI 70's low 80's great weather and it has been like that for the past month. You will have a blast on your vacation up here, don't forget your camera sunrises are amazing!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 106 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • annonymous1
    • drrragon