kalex

Stitch Fix

Does anyone else on here belong to Stitch Fix?  I got my first shipment last month and was pretty disappointed.  I only ended up keeping 1 over-priced tee (so I wouldn't lose my $20).

I absolutely hated the dress, one shirt I liked but ran too small, the pants were too big in the waist (I really emphasized that pants always gape on me in the survey too), and the bracelet was for someone with super fat wrists.

Needless to say, I'm hesitant to give it another go even though they say your stylist will "get you" better as time goes on.  How has your experience with it been?

For those who aren't familiar - Stitch Fix is a clothing subscription company. You fill out a style survey and your stylist sends 5 items for you to try on.  You are charged $20 which is then deducted from the cost of any items you choose to keep.

simplegirl

Re: Stitch Fix

A bunch of girls at the Sephora office use the service and love it. Give it another shot! I've kept 2 items out of each box. One of them has become my favorite summer tunic.

kalex

(0) Hearts

Did you find that your stylist was better able to choose items that were more "you" as time went on?

jinxski

I've never heard of it, but that sounds so tempting to try!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it :smileysad:

I feel like online shopping for clothes, for me anyway, always doesn't work it... it's either the fabric's cheaper than I expected or the sizing's way too weird.

Aw man, I hope things work out for you though, maybe there are other sites you can try out!

michmo

I've done it twice and really was never impressed.  The final straw for me is that I could find many pieces they sell on the internet for MUCH cheaper....And I really mean same exact piece.  

So my suggestion is google the item before you purchase it through them to make sure you aren't paying too much.  

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • simplegirl
    • kalex
    • jinxski
    • michmo