Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

starletta8

Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

So, it's time to go on an extended no buy. I have more than I could ever enjoy for quite awhile.  However, if you have gotten to know me a bit- it's going to be easier said than done!

So, this thread is hopefully going to be a support group for me- and anyone else who wants to join me in a summer of no buy.

The tricky thing is that I've got about 40% of my toner left and maybe 20% of my daytime moisturizer- and I see pan on my HG concealer.  I have to buy the concealer since it's a staple product (and I have used up all of the other concealers that match my skin). I'd like to use up some skincare before repurchasing my daytime moisturizer- but if my skin reacts, I'll revisit the issue.

When will the no buy end?  I'm not sure, but fall collections will be on counters, if not on the leaves!

colorobsession

Re: Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

Yes, I totally agree! Strength in numbers is the way to go. I definitely should be holding back on making any purchases for a while. I've got more makeup and skincare than I know what to do with. I feel like a lot of us really should go shopping in our own makeup collections and re-discover some things that maybe we haven't used in a while to help keep up the no-buy will power. Isn't there a thread somewhere on here that's about that very topic??

starletta8

There is.

I'm already trying to figure out what my treat will be for making it and what my punishment will be if I crack. I feel like Guerlain Meteorites should be involved.

drrragon

I support you, Starletta8!  You can do it!!!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Thanks... I went so all-out with the haul this past week that suddenly I have no desire to buy anything else..... but give it a week. Ugh.

drrragon

I started leaving my hauls right out on my dining table.  If I feel like buying more I just look at the table and shake my head.  

quenbee

Oh man, I could never do that.  Jeez me and my stuff would get kicked to the curb, a really really big curb!!!!  My hauls stay put very neatly away where hubby can't see or ever know about them!!!!  

BamaCaliGirl

Haha; I made the mistake of taking my boyfriend to Ulta with me once, I'll never do that again. Now that he knows how much I can spend there (I can easily top $80-100) I feel like he might be watching what I buy a little closer. Now the receipts are in the trash outside the store and I hide purchases for a couple weeks so when he sees them they look used. Sad, but it works.

drrragon

oh my gosh LOL!  Yeah if I didn't live alone I would definitely be more circumspect about that.  As it was when my mom was visiting I had 3/4 of my stash hidden away and she could still tell that I had a serious makeup addiction!

starletta8

I have everything put away!

I keep justifying like "but I needed a whole new type of eyeshadow, etc"

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I had a thought when washing my face tonight- my skin has adjusted to the Night Cream (http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-night-cream-P173616?skuId=1316306)  instead of the lighter Night Emulsion (http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-night-emulsion-P173617?skuId=1316322).

As a workaround for the empty in probably 2 weeks Day Emulsion (http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-day-emulsion-spf-15-pa-P173614?skuId=1316298), could I possibly "cheat" and switch to the Night Emulsion now that I'm layering the SPF50 Sunscreen (http://www.sephora.com/ultimate-sun-protection-cream-broad-spectrum-spf-50-for-face-P173669?skuId=14... under my moisturizer?

That could totally prevent me from cracking at all if so....

starletta8

Trying this combo today to see how it wears when it's not 100 and humid...

I also finished 3 products this morning (which will all go in the finished products/pan thread), so it gave me the confidence to press on.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 199 replies
  • 188 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melissabt