starletta8

Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

So, it's time to go on an extended no buy. I have more than I could ever enjoy for quite awhile.  However, if you have gotten to know me a bit- it's going to be easier said than done!

So, this thread is hopefully going to be a support group for me- and anyone else who wants to join me in a summer of no buy.

The tricky thing is that I've got about 40% of my toner left and maybe 20% of my daytime moisturizer- and I see pan on my HG concealer.  I have to buy the concealer since it's a staple product (and I have used up all of the other concealers that match my skin). I'd like to use up some skincare before repurchasing my daytime moisturizer- but if my skin reacts, I'll revisit the issue.

When will the no buy end?  I'm not sure, but fall collections will be on counters, if not on the leaves!

starletta8

Re: Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

I think the summer of no buy is officially over.

See: Haul thread part 2.

starletta8

My mother enabled me. Of all people!

Now, I'm just going to go cuddle my ONE LITER of Acqua di Gioia body wash for awhile.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

LOL

starletta8

(0) Hearts

bodywash2.jpg

Seriously, what in the world am I going to do with it?

mafan

(0) Hearts

Send it to me, of course. :smileyhappy: if I were you I souls totally have broken my no-buy for that. I love body washes that match my perfumes. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

It was far more long lasting than my usual perfume combo!  I smelled it on my skin more than 12 hours after showering!

starletta8

An update to yesterday's discussion: I posted in the haul thread.  I broke out (not that badly for most people, but horrific for me since I have stable skin where I see one pimple each month that's my big giant hormonal warning flag) and literally don't even own acne-fighting products anymore.

I picked up 2 polishes while I was in store (bad- but not too bad) but really stuck to getting 2 masks (use the Murad one as a spot treatment) and got samples of other products.  I also picked up the Living Proof and facial wipes I really needed.

I feel proud of myself- aside from the Aqualillies (oops... but I was thinking of the weather here), no impulse purchases.

dolceloure

I'm also on a no-buy, at least through August when I start working again. So far my ways of coping include:

-spending a LOT of time on Sephora and Ulta . com, adding stuff to my shopping list for when I have $ again

-distracting myself with all of the free samples I've accumulated and persuade myself that this is the perfect time to test out new products I might like without having to buy anything

It's actually working so far, though I have caved a few times with small, under $20 purchases. I will say though that - as large as my makeup collection is - I'm running low on skincare stuff. In fact, I'm *completely* out of all full-sized skincare products and am living off the free deluxe and foil samples from my stash, lol. I'm actually kind of proud of myself!

drrragon

boohoo all those Sephora IT brushes on clearance is killing me.....I've been slowly buying them up over the last month or so (along with a bunch of other stuff to make up $50...like KVD Lock It).    This is how they got me last summer too, when the old Pro brushes with silver handles went on clearance, I just bought the whole thing with the brush belt.  No I don't need 20 extra brushes!  Halp!!

starletta8

OK, I feel slightly guilty- but it's not like I just went to buy something because I wanted it.

Yeah,  I caved on Flash. 2-day really means overnight because I'm that close to the shipping center- and I've wasted more than $25 in shipping on small orders in the past 6 months.

That only slightly enabled me to pick up a couple of things.

• Self-tanner/body bronzing products: I'm doing more bare legged looks, especially for work- so I really need to do something with that.
  • A clearance Sephora collection blush
  • Shaveworks set (which I need legitimately)
  • A bottle of nail polish (c'mon, you know me)

I'm going to pick up a full-sized Living Proof cream because it's working so well on my hair.  And I'm finally going to have to pick up more Shiseido toner, moisturizer, and facial cotton. I'm going to the outlets tomorrow with my mother- if I see the Clinique scrub, I'll pick it up. I've waited long enough,

I have to stay strong on just generally not going nuts though...

roxystar4

starletta8, I feel like you are doing well. The items that you are picking up seem legit (its not like you are buying a $59 palette of eyeshadows).

starletta8

Yeah, until now.

spotted an Aqualillies palette. I'm going to justify it by the blushes. Ugh, I was so enabled by all of the discussion on the boards!

DTalksAll

You're not doing too bad... just keep in check. No 6 $50 orders in a day, and try to stay away from impulse purchases. keep it up! I failed miserably, but I still have faith in you

starletta8

At least someone has faith!

To be honest, I have so many products that I have product fatigue...

DTalksAll

you know what's helping me resist the urge to buy... When I see a product I want to try, I e-mail the company asking for samples. So I'm still getting a package in the mail, but I didn't do damage to my wallet 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I have too many samples- so I keep giving my mother bags of them. De-cluttering is on my list.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

OK ladies, help!

I just saw swatches of the Fall 2013 Chanel polishes- and I'm already one collection behind (I want want want Starlet, Paparazzi, and Cinema).

It's literally taking every ounce of willpower not to just whip out the credit card and buy 6 polishes right now. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Since I haven't worn my summer 2013 Chanel polishes on anything but my toes, hopefully that'll keep me on the straight and narrow for a bit.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I think it's part of a Summer line. I almost bought Starlet the other day at bloomies. I'm surprised I put it back down & didn't take it home. 

starletta8

I went on the no-buy right before that collection dropped.  I can deal without the others, but Starlet is LE!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 199 replies
  • 188 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melissabt