starletta8

Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

So, it's time to go on an extended no buy. I have more than I could ever enjoy for quite awhile.  However, if you have gotten to know me a bit- it's going to be easier said than done!

So, this thread is hopefully going to be a support group for me- and anyone else who wants to join me in a summer of no buy.

The tricky thing is that I've got about 40% of my toner left and maybe 20% of my daytime moisturizer- and I see pan on my HG concealer.  I have to buy the concealer since it's a staple product (and I have used up all of the other concealers that match my skin). I'd like to use up some skincare before repurchasing my daytime moisturizer- but if my skin reacts, I'll revisit the issue.

When will the no buy end?  I'm not sure, but fall collections will be on counters, if not on the leaves!

drrragon

Re: Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

STOP!!!!!! PUT THE WALLET AWAY!!!!!  

um...sorry starletta that was all i could think of.  i'm terrible at this no-buy thing....

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Google the new polishes in particular. I swear there was a puddle of drool on my keyboard.

New shades: Mysterious, Elixir, Alchimie

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Oh, and the eyeshadow quad.

I wish I still could use powder eyeshadow. That quad is enough for me to give it another try.  And the khaki mascara....

I could be snotty and say that technically I only promised to be good until Fall 2013 was on the counters- and now it is!  But no.... must be good....

drrragon

(0) Hearts

NO GOOGLE!  PUT THE GOOGLE AWAY!

I actually bought some of the discontinued Sephora polishes the other day for $1 each.  I was surprised at how easy they are to apply, with the wider brush (similar to Dior) and if i'm very careful, only one coat is needed!  

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm at that point where I almost elusively buy Chanel and Dior, but keep my Julep subscription.

starletta8

Scratch that.

My fingers are twitching over 7 polishes (3x Fall, 4x current collection) and the rumored... wait for it... olive green mascara. *swoon*

starletta8

We'll see if I still feel "meh" after I get the other order, but it seems to confirm that I should stay on my no-buy.  If an order can't make me  excited, then I shouldn't be ordering anything.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

My shave creams (yeah, that's plural... I ended up with both the FAB and Whish) should be here today.  Can't wait to shave again!

Ironically, I'm not overly thrilled with the  "loves" that I bought- mostly blushes- so I'm happy to settle into the no-buy for awhile.

And I'm shocked at how long my Shiseido has lasted! I never would've thought that I had more than a month of daytime moisturizer left.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm so inpatient for my orders to get here- but one has been delayed for some reason despite them being ordered 2-5 minutes apart. Not a happy camper at the moment- I expected to come home to 2 Sephora boxes and at the moment, I have none.

violalea

(0) Hearts

Yeah that happened to me before i placed 2 ordered within 5 mins apart and 1 was here 1 day after the other. But also one time i placed 1 order on Monday and 1 order on tuesday and i received both of them on Friday.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I made five orders minutes apart and 3 arrived today and the other are expected for tomorrow!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

My second order isn't even received at UPS yet.  I live within a couple of hours from the warehouse, so that's why it's so disappointing.

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

My order from last Monday hasn't updated it's tracking since last Tuesday.. It says estimated delivery is tomorrow and I hope so! Super impatient right now since this is the longest shipping time I have ever had with Sephora.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I got tracking info for order #2 literally 5 minutes after #1- which is why I'm so boggled.

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- I like a loofah or pouf better to on the days I'm exfoliating but the other days I use a sponge. I couldn't imagine not using both.

starletta8

This just gave me some willpower: I've been on a no buy for body wash longer than this overall no buy...

This is all of the body wash in my house. ALL OF IT.  That's less than half of what I started with this year (I've used up 20+).

Please excuse the bathtub in need of reglazing!

bodywash.jpg

And of that, there's probably 5 or 6 that I intentionally use slowly (Aveda- it's peppermint, save that for worst sinus days, Philosophy cherry, peach, fruit punch, Laura Mercier fig).  I can see some real progress!

ChicDabbler

Ok, slightly awkward question but I've always been wondering. What do you use with shower gel? I usually use soap+towel, but shower gel works better with puffs I feel.....except then I can't reach my back, and that's a dilemma for me. O.O so what do you usually use with shower gel to wash your back?

onomotopoeia9

I used to complain about reaching my back, so my room-mate got me a puff on a stick :smileyhappy: It really works...

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I use a shower puff and then a wash cloth for my back :smileyhappy: 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

But then you have to lather up 2 items to wash instead of one?

Lol, I need to get through my stash of half sized shower gel or get rid of them. =/

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I like the lather of the puff better but need the exfoliating power of the wash cloth for my neck & upper back. Im okay with the extra work :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 199 replies
  • 188 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melissabt