starletta8

Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

So, it's time to go on an extended no buy. I have more than I could ever enjoy for quite awhile.  However, if you have gotten to know me a bit- it's going to be easier said than done!

So, this thread is hopefully going to be a support group for me- and anyone else who wants to join me in a summer of no buy.

The tricky thing is that I've got about 40% of my toner left and maybe 20% of my daytime moisturizer- and I see pan on my HG concealer.  I have to buy the concealer since it's a staple product (and I have used up all of the other concealers that match my skin). I'd like to use up some skincare before repurchasing my daytime moisturizer- but if my skin reacts, I'll revisit the issue.

When will the no buy end?  I'm not sure, but fall collections will be on counters, if not on the leaves!

melde

Re: Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

My no buy is technically over, but I'm trying not to go crazy. However, these new codes up are tempting be big time!!

mafan

Just wanted to bump this thread and say I'm in with you for the summer, and it should be for A LOT longer. 

ChicDabbler

I'm proud I stuck to the no-buy today despite the awesome 200+ sale section (tho it have more to do with the fact that they are out of stock by the time I decided than any self-restraint on my part. Boohoo...I want a gold polish....).

Cheers to months ahead!

colorobsession

I just noticed the crazy amount of stuff added to the sale, although just about everything seems to say that it's sold out. I guess it's for the best...less temptation!

starletta8

Good job!

Truth be told, I didn't even peek at the sale section.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@starletta8  I am so proud of you for not even peeking :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I just peeked at Urban Decay's website and they've put some of the discontinued eyeliner shades back up.

UGH!

DTalksAll

I'm thinking of placing an order for the AmorePacific code. I still have that $100 GC (I've had it for 8 whole days & didn't use it yet!!!! WOO HOO) and need to return a few items in store tomorrow. Now to figure out what to get & NOT go over that $100 budget + amount of what's returned. 

Stay strong & don't get the purple givenchy mascara! It's beautiful, I love it, but you're on a no-buy. Of course if you place an order, then make sure it's in your cart. But seriously... stay strong! 

starletta8

Stay good with your budget!

I want the AmorePacific code.  I need only the FAB shave cream. The beautiful thing is that the AmorePacific is online-only- so I'll just go into the store with cash.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

OK ladies- I'm being strong, but has the new round of VIB codes gotten any of you to budge from your no-buys?

starletta8

I'm going to need to stay strong- so much so that I may only bring a $10 into the store with me, and no cards.

I'm going to have to pick up another FAB Shave Cream this weekend since it's the only shaving product that leaves my legs without ingrowns.  And we're in bare leg season...

I'm considering it skincare that's allowed- but I need to avoid any impulse buys.

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

OMG! I didn't know FAB had a shaving cream. I freaken love their line, & most shaving creams seem to leave me with a rash. Starletta8  does it have a strong scent? Shaving creams with a lot of added fragrance seem to break me out :smileysad:

starletta8

@buzzbee3- No scent. The tiny bottle lasted me a couple of months.

Here's the shaving cream:

http://www.sephora.com/smooth-shave-cream-P288536?skuId=1340926

ace2021

(0) Hearts

I really feel as if I have to try this shaving cream now. Most shaving creams and shaving my legs in general leave me with a raw feeling afterwards. Its so unpleasant. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Well, it's not my intention to enable anyone...

One of the most important things I've found is to use a shave cream like FAB and follow up with a heavy shea butter cream (even before I moisturize my face).

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Yup, fell for the AmorePacific promo. In my defense (psshh), the $55 consisted of the UD optical blurring brush that everyone was raving about, the pointy Sephora foundation brush that's been in and out of my basket for months, and a Bumble&Bumble tonic spray cuz my scalp is itchy. No make up. No skincare......altho that's not much of a defense I realize.

However! I plan to stay strong until the next princess collection. Wish me luck 0.0

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

@ beautytester - I really like the pointy Sephora foundation brush. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and it's really good quality and delivers a very smooth finish.  How are the AmorePacific items?  I've never used this line before but it seems that a lot of people really like them.  I was tempted to buy something just to try it out!

@ starletta8 - Sorry you had to spend so much money to replace your AC unit.  That sucks!  At least you have such an awesome bf to comfort you! 

Spoiler

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Crap I placed 7 orders this week.  But I promise I won't purchase more until after I'm back from vacation :smileywink:

violalea

(0) Hearts

Not 1 week, but 7 orders this month for me. 

starletta8

OK, I have to share this with you all.  It's official- I have the sweetest man out there.  He surprised me after dinner tonight with the Bobbi Brown TM that I've been gushing over. Unbeknownst to me, on his way out last night he smuggled my sample (labeled with the product description) out and stopped by the store after work. 

I know he feels horrible about my home woes (and being out of town last week so I couldn't just stay at his place) and appreciated my good spirit about the whole thing (minimal whining with no AC; no moping after wiping out the rest of my contingency funds Friday). Apparently I kept checking myself out to see how the TM was wearing and- in his words- it was kinda fun to see me happy about something when I was having a "crud"tacular week.

So I don't have to break my no-buy after all!

onomotopoeia9

That is way too sweet! Your lucky to have a guy like him :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 199 replies
  • 188 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304