starletta8

Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

So, it's time to go on an extended no buy. I have more than I could ever enjoy for quite awhile.  However, if you have gotten to know me a bit- it's going to be easier said than done!

So, this thread is hopefully going to be a support group for me- and anyone else who wants to join me in a summer of no buy.

The tricky thing is that I've got about 40% of my toner left and maybe 20% of my daytime moisturizer- and I see pan on my HG concealer.  I have to buy the concealer since it's a staple product (and I have used up all of the other concealers that match my skin). I'd like to use up some skincare before repurchasing my daytime moisturizer- but if my skin reacts, I'll revisit the issue.

When will the no buy end?  I'm not sure, but fall collections will be on counters, if not on the leaves!

MoreGun89

Re: Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

Got some major sampleage at the shiseido event :smileyvery-happy: but I had to break on the no buy and I'm restarting now, got 2 deodorants from lavanilla the blackberry and grapefruit ones, and the givenchy very irresistible perfume rollerball to both get me to free shipping and the triple points, very excited for it to arrive so I can smell it though, worst case scenario I have a friend who loves it :smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

do you know when the fragrance triple points ends?

starletta8

(0) Hearts

19 May.

starletta8

Love the major sampleage at the Shiseido event!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I don't blame you I'm not sure who could pass that up I bet it was fun! Are you gonna swatch all the polishes when you get a chance? I'm not a very good support system on the no buy thing but I still luv ya no matter what you buy or don't buy:smileyhappy:

starletta8

I have my own swatches in my polish organization, but it's not something I'm prepared to upload here since all of the images show up on Google...

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@starletta8- You bought Illamasqua speckled nail polish?? I love that. Did they have the purple one to? Oh I'm sorry I need to be giving you support but I'm just no good at this no buy stuff. Sorry:smileysad:

starletta8

They DID!  I already have the pink, blue, and purple- and was kicking myself for not grabbing the mint a couple of months ago when I saw it in-store. I've been searching in vain since...

I wonder if they still had stock because there's also a regular Sephora in that mall?

But seriously, I'm out of stores for now.  I just couldn't pass up: new store, Shiseido event(!). 

starletta8

Today was tough... I got the best makeover of my life at the SiJCP Shiseido event... it was tough to stick to the approved list (supplies, not product) and not buy the whole face because it looks THAT amazing. I did get a list of the eye products though for after my no-buy.  They hooked me up with samples though! Wow!

(I did slip a bit when I had to run into another SiJCP literally on the way to pick up curtains from another JCP... but you'll understand why. Ladies, they still had the Illamasqua speckled nail polish!!!! I nabbed Mottle (the mint one), the color I missed online/in-store. But my curtains were even cheaper than I thought, so I still spent less than I planned.)

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm also not allowing myself to get a pedi since I slipped.

beautylovingirl

@wingatprsct- If your husband buys it then all's good I hope you get what you want.

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

If my husband buys something for me for my birthday, is that a "no-buy?"   :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

My Birthday is in July and all i get is Sephora Gift cards so it's not my money and i can go crazy!! I think as long as i'm not spending my own money i'm okay! Birthdays are exceptions!!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I cannot agree more!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

As long as you don't buy it, it's all good. Plus, your birthday should be one of those allowable exceptions!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i dont think so!  If he gets it for you I would say that is fine- plus it is your bday! :smileyhappy:

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the post!!! I cancelled my birchbox for once and for all!!!

Rather save the money I've been spending on deliveries of 50% clutter for something I choose...when I allow myself to.

beautylovingirl

@starletta8- It's ok you can just get right back on and move forward. Beauty is hard to resist!:smileyhappy:

starletta8

I think I know one way for me to feel like I'm still treating myself well... Is it a no-buy if I start getting pedicures?  And once I've got my yardwork in for the summer, a mani to clean up my hands?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

be careful... pedicures are very addicting! :smileyhappy: 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I just need to get one (or two) to get my feet ready for sandals!

As it was said to me by a former boss "I'd rather not see open toed shoes in the workplace because you see some bad feet. So if you're going to wear shoes that show your toes, do the world a favor and make sure they're ok first!"

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 199 replies
  • 188 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melissabt