starletta8

Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

So, it's time to go on an extended no buy. I have more than I could ever enjoy for quite awhile.  However, if you have gotten to know me a bit- it's going to be easier said than done!

So, this thread is hopefully going to be a support group for me- and anyone else who wants to join me in a summer of no buy.

The tricky thing is that I've got about 40% of my toner left and maybe 20% of my daytime moisturizer- and I see pan on my HG concealer.  I have to buy the concealer since it's a staple product (and I have used up all of the other concealers that match my skin). I'd like to use up some skincare before repurchasing my daytime moisturizer- but if my skin reacts, I'll revisit the issue.

When will the no buy end?  I'm not sure, but fall collections will be on counters, if not on the leaves!

JenBlush

Re: Starletta8's Summer of No Buy Support Thread

I never thought i would do a "no buy" but i found myself doing it without even knowing! Last time i bought anything from sephora was last month during the 15% off! And before that, i would shop at sephora twice a month. the only reason why i haven't stopped by lately? i'm dead broke! So until i save up some more money, i will be on a no buy! 

I hope this still counts.. even if it was unintentional! lol

onomotopoeia9

@starletta8, you are a role-model to us all!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I don't know about that, LOL!

starletta8

So, um... I fell off the wagon today. But I'm climbing right back on.

One of my local Sephoras moved to an even better, incredible OMG space. Today was the grand opening of their new space. Even the mall pillars were wrapped in black and white for Sephora. So when I got an email letting me know I could get a tote with purchase, I had to stop by.  Had it been tomorrow and not today, I was so going to line up for a gift card. I was in awe of the new store- but couldn't linger too long.

I was going to get cotton rounds or a brush I actually need.  Well, I left with Aqua Cream #53 instead- the LE shimmery mint one. I couldn't believe when I saw it there since it's sold out at the other 3 local stores I checked for it- and online.  Otherwise, I would've bought it in my final binge.

So, I feel slightly guilty. But I'm confessing so I get back on the wagon.

The tote? I already used it at Costco on my way home. :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

You fell off the wagon for a good reason! :smileyhappy: 

Now hopefully this little purchase will hold you off for a while. I have faith in you. Just stay away from the enabling threads! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I just spent a chunk of my day off working on my pintarest organization for my collection- if it takes hours and you're not done with one part (nails), you have too much.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i agree with dannyc (staying away from enabling threads).

you can do this! 

starletta8

I should mention that the tote is a little smaller than my large Longchamp I was carrying and is the coated plastic/fabric from the last VIB tote (the striped one) and is covered with the Sephora logo.

It's literally the perfect size for a few essentials at the grocery store, and you can wear it as a tote.

Still, I should've passed on the Aqua Cream.... but it'll be gone by the time that the no buy is over.

I also dumped all of my packet samples into a large glass container so I could stare at them- and guilt myself into using them!

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Agreed!  A new store opening is something you practically HAVE to celebrate!  

Love the idea of a glass container for your samples!  Mine are all hidden away so I always forget to use them.

DTalksAll

So Mine is going to start in June. I still have a few more purchases to make for summer makeup (waterproof) and skin. Then I'm done! 

I'm aslo considering canceling ipsy & Sample Society. They are just adding to my problem of too much stuff. 

arielaaaaaaaa

I'm so in on this. When i first saw this i was like oh idk if i want to do this, i haven't been shopping that much. Uhm i just looked at all my recent orders and calculated how much is spent since Jan, Uhmmm I didn't realize just how much it was. I have two reasons to stop spending for the Summer at least. 1 It will be good to use up the things i currently have and use up samples, most of what i buy is skincare and i have more than enough for months to come. And reason 2, My sister is Pregnant and she really wants a Coach Baby Bag and I already promised i would get it for her. So that something i could save up for since it's $400. I will hopefully not buy anything from Sephora, The Sun Kit doesn't count though...I Need it..Lol But that will be it!! I hope i won't be tempted with Promo codes!! Or Perks!! 

AlwaysGlamorous

Are there any Coach outlets near you? Whenever I go, I always see the baby bags! 

arielaaaaaaaa

I was wondering that!! There is one thats a few hours away, i thought about it, i hope i get to go and they have the one she wants!! Thanks!!

AlwaysGlamorous

Honestly, the way they discount at the outlets, it's worth the drive. You may even want to call ahead of time and ask the SAs if they have any baby bags in stock?

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Thats a good idea! Thanks!! :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

OMG Starletta8---  you put my makeup funds to shame.  I thought I spent a lot, but I can't keep up with all your hauls, I'm so jealous.  When i look at your stash, I keep seeing things I should have, but I def cannot afford it right now.  I'm trying to hold out for the sun safety kit and thats it for a while, hopefully.  

My weakness will be when a VIB promo comes out and I'll need an excuse to redeem it.  I mean, a true VIB cannot just let a VIB promo code go to waste. 

starletta8

[ Edited ]

HA! Well, I have a budget each month for "entertainment". I consider beauty part of my entertainment- so it just means I trim from other activities.  I'm working more hours and packing more lunches, so I have less of a need to devote that money to eating out, etc.  Plus, I wasn't into the latest fall/winter collections, so I had a slush fund sitting around I put to good use.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Cool, I do that too! My monthly budget for movies, eating out, etc. also includes makeup! It actually helps me stay thin lol

starletta8

Well, the end of my haul (except one box) arrived today and reinforced my need to be on a summer of no buy!

melde

I'm doing a no buy for May, and it is super difficult. I'm also doing clothes, shoes, and accessories. I had to go to Target to get a few cleaning supplies, etc, and there, right on the end cap, was a dress I had been eyeing for a while, but on sale! (I almost always wait for clothes to go on sale at Target before buying them, because they always do... then more money left for makeup, ha.)

I'm not sure how it is only the 15th because it seems like it's been forever. :smileysad: :smileysad:

But good luck @starletta8! You can do it!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I hope you can do it Starletta8. I'm going to be completely honest here there's no use in me trying I'll never make it.:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 199 replies
  • 188 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • ginger304
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • melissabt