lylysa

Spring Break Plans???

Hey hey!

So with March comes Spring Break! I know not everyone is in school to where you get the week or some time off, but I know there are still tons of extra activities and even special events that occur during this time for anyone to enjoy so I wanted to know what or if you had any plans.

Whether it's making a visit back home, taking a vacation or trip, happy hour with the ladies or a couple of girls' nights, hitting up the theaters, concerts, going to the beach, lounging by the pool, or even just staying in, what's on the schedule?

As for me, no specific plans during the week, minus work. My weekends this month are crazy packed, everything from make up/hair bookings, family dinners, to people visiting from out of town, to birthdays, I'll be keeping busy!

janinebt

Re: Spring Break Plans???

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that Kimmi! I know how hard it is to loose a pet :smileysad:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

Oh, Kimmi! :smileysad: I'm so sorry to hear abour your wonderful Jewel's state! 

She looks like such a loyal and loving dog, and I know in 15 years you had her that she must have helped shape some grand memories! I wish the best for Jewel and hope that when it is her time she's as comfortable as possible and that she doesn't have to suffer any more or worsening pain.

I hope you and your fam, plus all those who love Jewel manage to stay strong and remember nothing but the positives.

*HUUUUUUUUUUUGSSSSS*

You know we're always here for you, Kimmi! Good or bad!

fran11

Happy Spring Break to all of you college gals! Hope you enjoy you're time off and don't have too much homework to worry about! :smileyhappy: 

Enjoy! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

What about you, Fran? Plans? Heheh, what is the Fran plan?

kimmi1115

My Spring Break is this week, and I still have homework.  *sigh*  But it is not as much as I've had on previous breaks.  I'll be spending time with Lanndan and friends, and I'll also be doing some Spring Cleaning.  It's supposed to stay pretty for the week, so I'll be able to give my car, named Layla, a good bath and not have to worry about rain, mud, or snow the next day lol.  

Ever since I've been in college, my mom takes a day off from work during Spring Break, and we have a mother daughter day.  This time, we're just going to spend the day in JC. Although the wedding won't be for a while, mom said we'll browse some wedding places/dresses just for the heck of it lol.  

In a way, I think my mom is kind of excited about it.  She and dad didn't have an actual wedding.  They just had a court house wedding, which there is nothing wrong with that.  She has dropped hints to dad that she would like to renew their vows when their 25th anniversary rolls around.  Dad hasn't said yes or no to that.  Instead, he just cracks a joke: "Our current ones haven't expired."   lol.

lylysa

Ooooo, a renewal and a wedding ceremony! I bet your mom and dad are going to be just as happy that day as they first were when they got wed! It's a huge milestone for them and I'm sure your mom will rock a fierce manicure from ya!

drrragon

awww, kimmi, that is so sweet!!  i like your dad's joke too, haha.

kimmi1115

My dad loves to joke around lol.  

Spyski

Buhhhh. Work life here.

No plans for Spring Break except building up my raised garden beds on weekends. However, I did just book some vacation time in May to go hiking with my boyfriend, really excited! Sometimes I wish I were back in school to get long holidays, then again I'd rather have paid time off. Hehe! 

MoreGun89

Ooooh!  I love gardens, but have a black thumb >.> How do you do it?  I'd really love to grow an okra plant at some point, do you have any pointers on that?  Have fun with your garden!

Spyski

I've never tried to grow okra, mainly because I don't like the texture. Haha but I'm sure its not that hard.

To cover your black thumb, use green gloves! 

MoreGun89

*hums Mission Impossible theme* Yeah!  Sounds like the way to go, and may I recommend eating them fried?  Any other way they tend to be oddly sticky, and well, the seed texture is weird haha.  Frying for whatever reason cancels it all out and brings out its rich, savory flavor :smileyhappy:  Also, it's definitely best paired with a jalapeno pepper jelly :smileytongue:

Spyski

Nice! I live in da dirty south, so I think I've tried okra in all possible ways. Just doesn't agree with my palette. Ha

MoreGun89

It happens, I'm definitely far enough north that we don't get much okra, so a lot of people up here haven't really tried it, shouldn't have assumed >.>  I love most southern food though, especially when we get into Cajun and Creole foods ^.^

lylysa

I love how so many of the conversations here turn into being about food!

lylysa

Hahaha, make them incognito!!! Undercover thumbs!

lylysa

:smileysad: Awwww, poor, Moregun and your black thumb!

lylysa

PTO is the best!!!! Oooo, what type of garden is it going to be? Fruits and veggies or plants and flowers?

Spyski

I just put in my order for the non-GMO seeds (which I highly recommend). Veggies and then a seperate barrel for the herbs! 

lylysa

Nice! I always wanted a garden!

What veggies do you have planned out for?

Spyski

orange habanero peppers, yellow banana peppers, homestead tomatoes, scallions, cucumbers (pickling), and edamame. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 124 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • lowrah
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt