lylysa

Spring Break Plans???

Hey hey!

So with March comes Spring Break! I know not everyone is in school to where you get the week or some time off, but I know there are still tons of extra activities and even special events that occur during this time for anyone to enjoy so I wanted to know what or if you had any plans.

Whether it's making a visit back home, taking a vacation or trip, happy hour with the ladies or a couple of girls' nights, hitting up the theaters, concerts, going to the beach, lounging by the pool, or even just staying in, what's on the schedule?

As for me, no specific plans during the week, minus work. My weekends this month are crazy packed, everything from make up/hair bookings, family dinners, to people visiting from out of town, to birthdays, I'll be keeping busy!

sephoramusthave

Re: Spring Break Plans???

I had a great spring break, went to the rodeo and saw Kip Moore in concert :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

Fun fun!

I missed out on all the rodeo fun this year....maybe the next!

kimmi1115

I enjoyed mother daughter day with my mom yesterday.  A new, unexpected plan popped up for this Sunday.  Lanndan received some free tickets at work for this Sunday's NASCAR race at Bristol.  I'm excited!!!  My first NASCAR race!

violalea

Wow awesome, I have never been to one. Have fun!!!!! I am going on a trip soon. So excited. Everyone is having great plan :smileyhappy:

lylysa

WOWIE! Niiiiiiice! I'm sure that'll be fun for you and Lanndan! Enjoy it up!

kimmi1115

The only extreme thing I go for at fairs and whatnot is the funnel cake.  I know I'm limiting my gluten, but I can't pass up a funnel cake with sugar.  At least I know my blood sugar won't drop after that lol.

There's no way I would try the Twinkies or oreos either.  A McDonald's burger makes me sick, so I don't even want to think about what the other foods would do.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

My friend HALF of a fried Oreo and she said that was ALL she could take. :-S

lowrah

My sister is taking me to san diego to go on rides at sea world with her 2 older kids (8 and 11). Not too bad :-). Plus my boyfriend will be gone for the next 4 weeks for work so it'll keep me a little less lonely.

violalea

lowrah,

Check out Seaport Village, La Jolla Cove, Balboa Park.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

sephoramusthave

lylysa----OOOOOOOOOOO noooooooooo. No fried foods for me. Junk yes, but not fried junk lol. I want to enjoy the carnival without getting sick!

lylysa

Haha, I've never been adventurous enough to brave the things like fried Snickers or Twinkies...just the thought of it makes my teeth and tummy hurt with the sugar and calorie content!

lylysa

Oooo, I loved SD when I visited a couple of years back! I didn't get to go to Sea World, but their zoo is HUGE!!!!

lowrah

Yeah, I think I might be more excited than the kids. She has a 4 year old too, but I think she's probably too short to go on rides, which is why I'm going. 

I want to check out their zoo too, but I don't know what the whole plans are. We're going to be there for a whole week, so it should be a possibility. I'd also like to go to the La Brea Tar Pits, the 4 year old would love it, but don't know if my sister is up for driving to/through LA.

I think we're also hitting up Cabazon to see the dinosaurs because the 4 year old loves them and doesn't remember going to see those.

lylysa

Wowie! Sounds like you'll be in no shortage of fun plans which is great to hear!

When I went to the zoo we did the giant, double decker bus tour and out of no where this peacock just strolls all in the middle of the street! We had to take it slow as to be sure he didn't make any sudden movements or run into the bus, but it was pretty funny and random! It was like he was a guest at the zoo, like anyone just alwaysing around, minding his own business!

katie1724

I am so sorry, Kimmi! She looks like a sweetheart. It's good that she is out of pain but I know that doesn't always make it easier. My thoughts are with you!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thank you, katie1724.  I really appreciate that.  I know it will take time to heal.

kimmi1115

Thank you all for the condolances.  This is the first time losing a pet, and I appreciate all of the things that's been said.  

My parents took her to the vet earlier today, and she can walk and run without any pain now.  She also has wings to fly if she wants.  The other furry family members can tell she is gone, and they've been around me and my parents trying to cheer us up.  Brutus, the boxer mix, even sat on my lap as I rubbed Jewel's belly the other day.  She had a long, healthy life, and she lived past the average for bassett hounds.  My former English teacher sent me a link to the Rainbow Bridge poem.  I'll see her again someday.

jewel.jpg

violalea

(0) Hearts

Sorry :smileysad:

My bf's dog is blind and pretty old so he's very sad too.

lowrah

So sorry for your loss. Your dog was beautiful. I love the yawning picture.

kimmi1115

I love capturing animal moments on camera.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 124 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • lowrah
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt