Kyrana

Sometimes being right really is the pits!

[ Edited ]

I recently waded back into the shallow end of the online dating pool, ready to try one... more... time...  I live in a rural area so the pickins can be fairly slim (there's a military base nearby, but at 39 that is no longer my demographic).  Anyway, a seemingly nice guy from the local university messaged me and we started texting back and forth.  He's 47 and a researcher (so smart and gainfully employed), and a naturalized US citizen.  This meant there was a little bit of a communication gap, but I spent my high school years in Europe so I am used to working around ESL issues, especially when a cute guy is on the line.

Long story (and many texts) short, we made a plan to meet for drinks tonight.  Right about ...now ... as a matter of fact.  After we made the date, he started suggesting that we should meet earlier.  This week I was working the evening shift (3-11) and he wanted me to come by his place after work one night for coffee.  I kept saying no, and he kept asking.  Finally I explained last night that he was coming on too strong and I'd see him on Thursday.

I texted him 30 minutes ago to confirm - he's gone to a city 50 miles away for the evening since I "wsnt intrstd".  I had a feeling this was going to happen when he didn't text me for 24 hours. I even put some **bleep** effort in to it - I'm blind in one eye, so eyeliner and smokey eyes that look fairly even is a freaking hassle!

Arrrrrgh!

dateface.jpg

1SultrySCENTNut

Re: Sometimes being right really is the pits!

(0) Hearts

What a douche that guy IS !  Girl, move on to bigger and better, always remember that a working blue collar man is usually a man with a heart of gold,as long as you research it and he hasn't been playin bars !  ( Well, my man played bars - BUT he played as a guitarist, then a guitar tech moonlighting as a mechanic, and now he just plays with his toys in his early 40's - I picked him out, well he actually picked me out in 1989 and I didn't move on it till 1993...LMFAO! )

Your beautiful WITHOUT a FACE CAKE of Make Up, use that beauty God gave ya, and the right man will just fall into your lap, or as in my case, will shyly follow you to the ends of the earth and back for almost 4 years! :smileywink:

irenet

Yikes, that really sucks. Never really tried online dating. I live in Norfolk home of the largest Naval base in the world, the city is small but densely populated with over 250,000 residents. But it should be less about quantity and more about quality. Just be safe.

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

I'm so sorry. :smileysad:

BuxomBabe80

Oh man, I so can relate! I live in the Midwest and the pickings also are slim. My political and religious views made it very hard for me to find eligible men. I tried a few different sites. They were good for finding hook ups, but not necessarily for finding a relationship. I tried it after my second divorce.

I did actually meet my boyfriend on PoF about 4 1/2 years ago. He was in the Army at the time and stationed in Cuba. We became friends and started dating 3 years later. So I guess my point is, don't give up all hope. You never know what can happen. I met some great guys, some a**holes and some losers. I made some friends who I still talk to, but I also met my boyfriend of 1 1/2 years who was my best friend for three years before that. 

I'm sorry you were stood up. It happened to me too, by a guy who in hindsight I realized was just looking for a piece and not a relationship. Men can be jerks (and so can women). But hopefully with some patience you'll find what you're looking for. 

malday

(0) Hearts

I'm sorry to hear that :smileysad: I've only ever tried online dating once and honestly it went well (so far). Met someone who isn't a jerk and is actually interested in me. But good luck in the future! You'll find someone don't worry :smileyhappy:

dianabt

(0) Hearts

:smileysad: Sorry to hear that! Online dating is HUGE in sf and I've tried it once or twice but wow it was a nightmare LOL. A lot of them are such slackers and just flat out rude. Keep your chin up! Are there any other community groups or places you can go to and meet people at? Or put it out to your friends that you've love to meet more people and to think of you for any outings and what not :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
redwagon44

Awww, I'm so sorry that happened to you! You do look gorgeous in your photo too! It sucks when you put effort into something to have it fall through. 

Online dating is is officially the worst. I signed up for it thinking it would be fun, and a good way to meet new people since I recently moved to a new town and know nobody. Now it takes effort to just check my messages, because it's just depressing. A few weeks ago, I was supposed to meet a guy for drinks, and got stood up at the bar. He never contacted me until a few days ago, asking me if I was willing to give him another shot... Um... No. 

The only perk has been the few people that are so ridiculous that it's funny. My favorite was a guy, 30 years older than me, that introduced himself as the owner of a unique limestone fireplace :smileywink: clearly, we must be soulmates

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • malday
    • dianabt
    • Kyrana
    • beauty4ashes
    • BuxomBabe80
    • irenet