Something new you're wanting to try?

lylysa

Something new you're wanting to try?

Hey there, my lovely guys and gals!

With the move into the Spring and the New Year, that means tons of brands and lines are launching out new promos and products! I love checking in and seeing all the new things featured on the Sephora front page.

What I wanted to know is, what are you looking to possibly try or consider trying? It doesn't necessarily have to be a new item, maybe something you've had your eye on for a while or something you're tentative on but decided to take the plunge!

I for one have been eyeballing the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush!

Too Faced - Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush

I'm not even going to deny it, I'm a sucker for pretty and unique packaging and design and this blush just takes the cake! It's so cute and sweet, it reminds me of candy and chocolate boxes around Valentine's Day. Though I'm at no shortage of blushes, this one is just so, so, so eye catching, I can see it on my vanity now!

I'll probably go into my local Sephora today and swatch it and check it out in person before making any decisions, but again, to all those in the Sephora and Beauty Talk world, what are you wanting to try?

:smileyhappy:

latinadiva

Re: Something new you're wanting to try?

FYI, I couldn't resist any longer and went to Sephora last night, I justified the purchase because I had a return and Christmas money so I broke down. I swatched the NARS Exhibit A and MUFE 99 next to each other...NARS definitely is warmer, MUFE is more blue tone and doesn't have as smooth of a swatch. With both being matte, I think the application is definitely crucial so I broke down and got the NARS since it was slightly warmer and I didn't really want blue tone red on my cheeks. You should definitely check it out though!!

drrragon

[ Edited ]

Hey, awesome!!  I thought about it later and really for getting double the size for only $8 more sounds like a great deal.  Plus I love matched sets so it would fit in nicely with your other NARS blushes.  Also it's nice to know that the Exhibit A is a bit warmer color, that also makes a difference. 

Great choice and have fun with the new racy red blush! :smileyhappy:

Maybe you could scrape off a little bit into an envelope and mail to me! (just kidding!)

latinadiva

Ohhh that could definitely work! I'll have to look for it, although my Sephora has a wimpy MUFE section. It would definitely be nicer to save the $8 but then I almost started thinking about this like perfume...small perfumes cost a fortune, and then when you see the price of the big bottle it's usually like $15-20 more for twice the amount of product so then I say screw it and get the full size because of the amount more I'm getting. While I'd probably never use up either, the NARS one is twice the size of this one for $8 more...but again if I'd never use it up, does it even matter!?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

If they have the MUFE one at your Sephora, swatch both and compare the textures and pay off, that way, you get the most bang for your buck!

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

katie----I saw the Too faced blush (heart shaped one) at ULTA. I didnt swatch it but its in cardboard packaging and its HUGE. Very bulky, but the colors look fantastic. It would make an awesome Valentines day present for myself lol. My blush drawer has no breathing room though!

latinadiva

Agreed! I swatched the MUFE and it was definitely a more true red but the swatch wasn't as smooth as the NARS one, plus the NARS was slightly warmer which is probably better for checks. But I'll have to look into that Amazing Cosmetics blush!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

It's really pretty! The satin finish it has it just gorgeous, my friend who wore it all the time had a nice chocolate undertone and that blush just looked like the most natural flush in the world on her skin!

It's called Cinnamon Spice.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Though Sephora doesn't carry the Amazing Cosmetics blushes, they do have a rich satin red shade that has a hint of shimmer that looks incredible, especially on deeper skin tones!

kenny

I'm kind of excited for Urban Decay's Oz palettes, they look wonderful, plus it's in the new palettes (that you can pop shadows in and out of). Don't think I need anymore eye shadow though... :smileyhappy:

I also really wanted Too Faced's new blush, but from the reviews and swatched I've seen it's supposed to be rather sheer, which really isn't my thing. But I definitely want to check it out in person

lylysa

I can give you a review of it when I go swatch it today.

I think that one is meant to be more of a sheer blush as it's labled as giving a "flush" to the cheeks. I have so many blushes ranging in finishes that I don't NEED another, but by golly, it's so cute!

I'm waiting to see those palettes too! Urban Decay has been so  amped up with their Naked line that it would be nice to see more color back in things they launch!

kenny

That would be great lylysa!

I figured it would be a little sheerer, but yes, it does look so cute!

Agreed, I now just have to decide wether I;m Theodora or Glinda. Coloring wise, I'm Theodora (dark hair, brown eyes, medium skin), but the Glinda palette looks so pretty too!

drrragon

Yes please!  Let us know how the swatching goes!    :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Will do!!!! I'm definitely going there today with a purpose!

drrragon

p.s. what an awesome thread idea, you definitely hit a nerve! :smileyhappy:

drrragon

wooo wooooo!  go, lylysa! LOL

lylysa

Hahaha, thanks! I think I should have titled this thread, "If you need help, we will enable you to buy!!!"

drrragon

"Enablers R Us"????

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, that's too funny! Good one!

ChicDabbler

SK-II. I've been SO curious about it, but no store seems to carry it (no samples) and they are so ridiculously expensive. If it's worth its weight in gold like all the celebrity said, then I might purchase some for my mom after testing out the texture/fragrance etc on my skin first.

I have been eyeing the Lorac Mint Edition pallete. I was obsessed with Unzipped, until I realized they are all pink/mauve toned and I'm not a fan of that. So I'll have to go see this instore.

LORAC - Mint Edition Palette

That blush is so adorable!!! I don't even wear blush/bronzer/highlighter but I couldn't resist buying Korres Contouring Trio when it was on sale as a kit.

Korres - Magic Light Contouring Trio

I didn't see that blush in Sephora's What's New section., but that's a whole another "feedback" essay. =(

lylysa

One of my friends got to swatch the Lorac Mint palette and says it's fabulous! I'm a personal fan of mint and greens in general. I really like the texture of the shadows Lorac puts out, I think their shadows are really underrated!

That Contouring Trio looks really nice! It looks to be more on the matte side or at least a soft/satin finish, what does it have? Those colors look very muted and wearable, definitely perfect for natural wear!

ChicDabbler

I like the look but the point is I don't need another eyeshadow pallete at all. I have 3 eyeshadow pallete (2 UD Deluxe cuz 2nd one was on sale for $19 and a True Blood Tarte one). I tend to go for eyeliner in the winter and eyeshadow in the summer. I'm resolving not to buy it until I AT LEAST hit the pan on one of the shadows for one of my pallete. Tho I worry this will run out by then.

The contouring trio I got (above) was the bronzer version, which have a softer/more matte texture than the blush so I've heard. The bronzer is warm with tiny gold shimmer, but the thing is I don't ever wear blush/bronzer/highlighter and now I have 1/2/1 of each. 0.0

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 186 replies
  • 344 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • carlyanne