lylysa

Something new you're wanting to try?

Hey there, my lovely guys and gals!

With the move into the Spring and the New Year, that means tons of brands and lines are launching out new promos and products! I love checking in and seeing all the new things featured on the Sephora front page.

What I wanted to know is, what are you looking to possibly try or consider trying? It doesn't necessarily have to be a new item, maybe something you've had your eye on for a while or something you're tentative on but decided to take the plunge!

I for one have been eyeballing the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush!

Too Faced - Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush

I'm not even going to deny it, I'm a sucker for pretty and unique packaging and design and this blush just takes the cake! It's so cute and sweet, it reminds me of candy and chocolate boxes around Valentine's Day. Though I'm at no shortage of blushes, this one is just so, so, so eye catching, I can see it on my vanity now!

I'll probably go into my local Sephora today and swatch it and check it out in person before making any decisions, but again, to all those in the Sephora and Beauty Talk world, what are you wanting to try?

:smileyhappy:

lylysa

Re: Something new you're wanting to try?

Here's a photo of what the blush looks like in natural light/day light.

tfshbso.jpg

sephoramusthave

lylysa----You are so gorgeous! You have killer cheekbones and I wish I had your tan! I'm pale as a ghost right now, every foundation I have is too dark so I cant wait until summer so I can get my color on! This blush looks like it leaves a glow too which is super hard to find! Love it, thanks for sharing!

lylysa

You are too kind, Sephoramusthave!

I'm falling for the blush more and more! I've worn it every day since I've purchased it!

Thin down some of your foundation with some moisturizer, this blush would look amazing on fair skin. It really doesn't lie when it says it's about giving a "flush". I can wear this without a bronzer and not have to worry about my cheeks looking too pink or rosy.

melissabt

Thanks for posting this! I was curious what the blush looked like in person. Its super cute. I think it would be a perfect layering product. I'd probably wear it over a bright pink blush!

<3 Melissa
lylysa

It would make such a great layering blush or highlighting blush! I was tempted to layer it over my Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful because it's in the same color family, but went ahead and wore it alone so I should get accurate shade photos for here!

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Happy day! After visiting two Sephora and one Ulta with none of them carrying the Too Faced blush, the third Sephora I visited had it in stock!!! I'm now the proud owner of the Sweethearts Perfect Flush blush! I applied it with my Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush and found that this actually helps apply more pigment to the application. 

tfshb.jpg

tfshbs.jpg
The baked, shimmer aspect is gorgeous in the sunlight and it applies so smoothly! I'm definitely going to be using this blush more and more!

katie1724

Pretty, pretty! :smileyhappy:

I just bought the blush, too, and I love it. I can't believe how big it is! I'll have to remember to leave it at home, though; cardboard containers take a beating in my bag. I love the finish!

As for my next obsession -- if I could only get my hands on the new Hourglass Ambient Light! The Sephora closest to me doesn't have it yet. I've been obsessed with it since I first saw reviews, and I really want to get one (or two).

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Oooo, I'm happy to hear you got the blush too! :smileyvery-happy:

I ended up keeping the box it came in so when I toss it into my make up bag it won't get all banged up. Now I need more room in my make up bags! Haha!

kenny

You're so pretty! That blush looks great! I might end up getting it... But I just rather impulsively bought a new spring blush. It's Lise Watier (Canadian high end makeup brand), in the spring collection is a pretty pink blush, with shimmery champagne flowers in the middle. But seeing this ine, also makes me want the TF one still!

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the compliment, Kenny!

Oooo from the sounds of that blush you bought you have to take a picture and post it! Champagne flowers!!! I bet that adds an amazing glow!

I was so happy to finally get the blush! I debated ordering it online, but since I was at the mall with my boyfriend, I popped into the Sephora and behold!!! They had about 7 of them in stock!

It's absolutely darling and so pretty, I haven't been able to even throw away the box it comes in yet.

kenny

You're very welcome :smileyhappy:The packaging  for the TF blush really does look so adorbs!

Here's the pics of the new blush, it definitely has a wonderful glow, I apologize that the lighting kind of stinks... As soon as I got home I had to start playing around with this blush, and so far on first impressions I'm really loving it!

kenny

Gah! I'm having trouble loading the photos, maybe later?

lylysa

I was able to look it up! No worries! It's gorgeous!!!! I love it when cosmetics come out to be works of art!

drrragon

I think the site is buggy.  Recently I haven't been able to load photos using Chrome or IE....had to switch to FireFox.

lylysa

It's odd, when I tried to add the outdoor pic to the post earlier, the edit page was the one from the original forum, but the photo uploader got frozen and didn't load the photo at all, but when I checked my albums, it was there!

I just posted it in its own response rather than hassle with it!

kenny

I tried to load the pictures again, but it won't work:smileysad: 

Ah well, but I'm glad you could still look it up and find it, it's actually a really gorseous blush, I do love when cosmetics are so artistic! Although it makes me not want to use it and ruin it! But it really adds to experience when makeup is beautiful to look at on it's own as well when applied!

drrragon

Also, did you use all three shades of blush swirled together?

lylysa

Yes, I did, the TF kabuki brush was a bit large for the blush, so I dabbed the brush over all the shades and then patted the color onto my cheeks first and then swept upward to my hairline to blend it.

beautylovingirl

I think the colors look really good swirled together, have you tried them individually?

lylysa

Haven't tried them individually yet, I'll have to play with that option some time!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 186 replies
  • 344 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • carlyanne