lylysa

Something new you're wanting to try?

Hey there, my lovely guys and gals!

With the move into the Spring and the New Year, that means tons of brands and lines are launching out new promos and products! I love checking in and seeing all the new things featured on the Sephora front page.

What I wanted to know is, what are you looking to possibly try or consider trying? It doesn't necessarily have to be a new item, maybe something you've had your eye on for a while or something you're tentative on but decided to take the plunge!

I for one have been eyeballing the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush!

Too Faced - Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush

I'm not even going to deny it, I'm a sucker for pretty and unique packaging and design and this blush just takes the cake! It's so cute and sweet, it reminds me of candy and chocolate boxes around Valentine's Day. Though I'm at no shortage of blushes, this one is just so, so, so eye catching, I can see it on my vanity now!

I'll probably go into my local Sephora today and swatch it and check it out in person before making any decisions, but again, to all those in the Sephora and Beauty Talk world, what are you wanting to try?

:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Re: Something new you're wanting to try?

@lylysa-What color is your lipstick in this photo? Since I don't think the blush will show up on me, at least I can get some lipstick?

lylysa

It's Sparkling Pink by Laura Mercier, it's my absolutely favorite shade for whenever I want a more natural/subtle lip.

I topped it off with Lorac's Multiplex 3D gloss in Ulta Glam, it's a shade that's exclusive to Ulta stores, but the shade 3D works just as well. Ulta Glam has a soft red undertone with brown, rose, and a hint of blue shimmer, which 3D is a sheer nude gloss with brown, gold, and rise shimmer.

katie1724

It's pretty! I'll have to check it out myself :smileyhappy:

drrragon

yeah this thread just makes you want to BUY stuff! :smileyhappy:

katie1724

(0) Hearts

It does! Well, honestly, all the threads pretty much make me want to run out and buy things... :smileytongue:

drrragon

Wow!  First off, you're totally gorgeous!  Next, the blush looks so pretty and shows up much better than I hoped!  Definitely going on my wishlist for Feb!  Thanks so much for posting photos :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Aww, thankers, Drrragon! :smileyvery-happy:

I just snapped a pic in natural/daylight that I'm going to add to the post too!

MoreGun89

Hmm was looking around on the oil post and a user mentioned that Boscia's got a new oil now.  I haven't used a tsubaki oil before so I have to admit to a bit of curiosity on that bit.  Might have to grab a bottle of that to try in my next haul!

lylysa

Be sure to share a review/follow up if you do!

I'm wondering how they're planning to incorporate a tsubaki oil into all the others on the market, especially because tsubaki oils are normally used in hair care. It'll be interesting to see if they gear it more toward body/hair or more for face/skin.

MoreGun89

Agreed, after doing some research it seems to be more of a keratin thing (hair like you were mentioning and nails),  might be a while until I buy though, still working through some old stuff I want to use before getting a new product (and gonna try out the marula oil)!  From what I see though, it's also a fantastic antioxidant, used in history to keep  swords and whatnot from rusting, proof enough it's something to look out for.  

Regardless, I'm inclined to trust Boscia to put out a decent product, it kind of seems like a summer oil from what I'm gathering about the texture, so it might be seaberry's competition! :smileytongue:

ChicDabbler

It is better than Seaberry. I updated the facial oil comparison/break down. Feel free to add your thought after/if you tried it. =D

http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/Facial-oil-comparison-break-down-moisturizer-kind...

ps. It's so hard to compare oil because they all feel...oily. Now I've got random patches of very moisturized skin on my face/hand/arm. lol.

lylysa

I can't wait for the launch!

janinebt

Ohh fun topic!

I'm pretty sure I 'awwed' outloud when I saw that brush online. I'm a sucker for cute packaging, especially things that are related to Valentine's Day. I really like hearts.
I feel like this blush would look great layered with another.

I personally really want to try:

Too Faced No Makeup Makeup

Too Faced - The Secret To No Makeup Makeup

Kat Von D Everlasting Blush

Kat Von D - Everlasting Blush

Urban Decay Good Karma Brush (it's made completely out of soda bottles and aluminum cans)

Urban Decay - Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

Ooo that paletted from TF looks nice! I always love seeing their palettes! Plus their packaging and color choices always speak to my inner girly girl!

The Good Karma brush is amazing! Cargo and Tarte had put their own versions out a while back and I love that style.

My friend's an artist for UD and said that it's best to use regular rubbing alcohol to clean their brushes as it's a synthetic fiber as brush cleaner has detergents and factors that can break down the glue that holds the bristles in place.

dianabt

Thank you for posting! I wanted one SO badly but realized.. they won't show up on me! :smileysad: plus side is that you saved me $29 lol 

On to the next search for a cute blush! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

That's $29 you can spend on other things now! :smileytongue:

qmgirl

I really want to try Glam Glow. I just don't want to pay $69 before knowing how it truly works. lol If I manage to snag a sample I will post a review. Fingers crossed!!!

Also, Lip Tar. I'm on the fence about this one but it is something i would like to try.

lylysa

You already know my thoughts on both from your threads! :smileyvery-happy:

I saw when you snag up either (be it samples or actual product), share with us either way! I can't wait to hear back on this one from you!

Which shade (or shades :smileytongue:) of Lip Tar are you going to pick up?

islandqt

If I write down everything the site might crash! Here are a few things:

Perricone MD Blue Plasma serum

anything from the SK-II line

Ciate sequin nails kit

YSL Touche Eclat OR Dolce and Gabbana luminous foundation (though I shouldn't since I have oily skin)

Tarte Inner rim eye brightener (looking for a cheaper alternative though that has more product, think I might check out Ben Nye)

Smashbox or NARS BB cream

Tom Ford cream eyeshadows

Nails Inc Bling it on kit

sephora + Pantone Universe Cashmere brush set

lylysa

Try Stila's Kajal liner in Apricot, it's a $1 less than the Tarte liner and isn't a thin pencil so you do get more product.

It's super creamy and goes on so smoothly! I use the black for my inner rim and it lasts so long!

lylysa

[ Edited ]

***UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE***

For all my ladies that I feel have been jumping up and down about the Too Faced blush with me and those who kept up with my last update about how I visited by local Sephora and found they had yet to carry the blush in stock (sad face, I know)....GOOD NEWS!!!

I finally got to get my hands and swatch it!!!!

Though it wasn't at Sephora, I was in Ulta earlier today for shampoo and conditioner when I spotted the tester for the blush! Just like Sephora, they didn't have the product in stock and some promo images were missing (so hopefully that means it's on its way to shelves soon, fingers crossed).

Let me just say, as I was swatching the blush I was keeping all you ladies in mind, thinking, "Oh, boy, I can't wait to share this with Beauty Talk!!!" You gals are the best!

First up is a photo of all the colors. I swatched the 3 shades on their own, the first being a very cool, muted pink; the second being more of a bright peach; and the third being a coral, pink shade with a golden undertone. I think of out of all three, the last was my favorite for my skin tone. The fourth swatch below the three are all three shades swirled together, creating a strong mix of shade 2 and 3, but being toned down thanks to shade 1.

2013-01-26 17.39.24.jpg
These are a closer look at the 3 shades on their own. I found that shade 1 had more of a soft satin finish, shade 2 had more of a satin shimmer finish, and shade 3 had more of a shimmer duotone finish. The golden undertone in shade 3 help to even out the cool undertone of shade 1.
2013-01-26 17.39.48.jpg
This is a close up on all three shades together, I think it's a very harmonious mix. 
2013-01-26 17.39.55.jpg
The last pic I took with a flash on my camera phone so you can see what it looks like with. Even with flash, the shimmer/satin aspect didn't look ashen or chalky, which is a big plus, especially with such a pink blush.
2013-01-26 17.40.15.jpg
Overall, my first impression of this blush (aside from how it looked in the too-adorable packaging) is how smooth the consistancy of the texture was. As you can tell from my swatches, I didn't use a brush to apply any of the product, so obviously when you apply it with a tool it won't come out as dense or packed with pigment. I did have to go over the potions of the individual colors themselves a bit to get swatches that would show up for photos, making this blush more along the lines of a more natural and wearable blush as opposed to one that you put on with fear that you'll end up looking like a clown. Just as its name, it does give a very nice "flush". The feel of the product was very solid, with baked products it's a hit or miss with me because I feel that they can be super fragile and can break or shatter at the slightest pressure, but I didn't get that impression from this blush. It felt dense enough to where you were getting actual product for your money while still remaining to giving soft, even color as a baked product should.

This blush is very suitable for fair, light, and medium skin tones. If you're more on the warm/tan side, I would recommend using a fan brush. There isn't too much of a worry with it coming out chalky or too light as it does apply so softly, but for warmer and darker skin tones it may make a better layering shade for blush rather than being worn alone. The finish it has would look gorgeous topped off on other shades so it can still work for various skin tones and complexions. 

I think I'm going to have to take the plunge and get this one! Though I have a nice arsenal of blushes, the few pink or slightly pink blushes I have don't have the finish this one does and doesn't give that initial flushed look.

I've been mentioning this blush to my boyfriend, maybe I'll see if he'll snag it for me for Valentine's Day! :smileytongue: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 186 replies
  • 344 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • carlyanne