lylysa

Something new you're wanting to try?

Hey there, my lovely guys and gals!

With the move into the Spring and the New Year, that means tons of brands and lines are launching out new promos and products! I love checking in and seeing all the new things featured on the Sephora front page.

What I wanted to know is, what are you looking to possibly try or consider trying? It doesn't necessarily have to be a new item, maybe something you've had your eye on for a while or something you're tentative on but decided to take the plunge!

I for one have been eyeballing the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush!

Too Faced - Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush

I'm not even going to deny it, I'm a sucker for pretty and unique packaging and design and this blush just takes the cake! It's so cute and sweet, it reminds me of candy and chocolate boxes around Valentine's Day. Though I'm at no shortage of blushes, this one is just so, so, so eye catching, I can see it on my vanity now!

I'll probably go into my local Sephora today and swatch it and check it out in person before making any decisions, but again, to all those in the Sephora and Beauty Talk world, what are you wanting to try?

:smileyhappy:

katie1724

Re: Something new you're wanting to try?

Thanks for posting these pictures! I tried to find it this weekend...but even though the website says it's in stock at two stores near me, it was not (and I don't live near an Ulta -- at least not one that doesn't involve driving). I think I will definitely be getting this when it's available! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I've got at least one more Sephora by me that I can check sometime this week, if not, it'll be the good ol' online purchasing route!

JillMConnell

Thank you for posting this!  I'm often bummed out by Too Faced products because it seems like, no matter what, they are too warm for my skin tone.  This looks like it would work! Bonus: I'm a sucker for cute packaging.

lylysa

I've found their blushes/bronzers to be very flattering, I still have one of their older blushes in Papa, Don't Peach and I love the pigmentation it has.

I'm glad my review was able to help you out!

JillMConnell

I still have a bunch of TF shadow duos from waaaayyy back in the day when they were named after famous couples.  I know I should get rid of them but I can't bear to part!

lylysa

Nostalgia!!!!

beautylovingirl

I actually think these swatches look great, I'm have a darker complexion so I think it would look great on darker complexions also. Thanks!:smileyhappy:

lylysa

Awesome!

I think this blush works to darker/more tan complexions because it comes out so soft initially, again, I had to rub the blush quite a bit to build up some color so I could have some swatches to show you all. The delicateness and sheerness is what makes it the most versatile, I think.

If you get a chance to swatch it, try to snap photos so we can get more of a range of complexions for comparison!

beautylovingirl

Thanks for swatching ! I think you made everyone's day :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Haha, after I made this thread and saw other posters with curiosity on the blush it was like a mission to help my girls with being able to swatch the thing! :smileytongue:

drrragon

[ Edited ]

eeeeeeeeeek!  that is so awesome!  Thanks lylysa for the detailed review and photos!!!

LOL I actually went to Ulta yesterday too and was so excited to see that they had this on display so I couldn't help snapping a photo (of course I was thinking of you BT gals!).  Were people looking at me funny?  Maybe.  Lylysa has better swatches but at least this will give you an idea of the physical size of the blush.  Note: I do have small hands.  It would definitely qualify as a pretty decorative item on a vanity.  Very 50s film star-type feeling (except that the box is cardboard).

I was really laying the powder on thick so for me I think it might be too sheer, but totally agree that it would be beautiful for layering for a more dimensional effect and to quote lylysa:

"The finish it has would look gorgeous topped off on other shades so it can still work for various skin tones and complexions. "

and 

"Though I have a nice arsenal of blushes, the few pink or slightly pink blushes I have don't have the finish this one does and doesn't give that initial flushed look."

(see?  Enablers R Us have you covered for every contingency!)

heartblush.jpeg

fran11

The blush looks gorgeous! Thanks Drrragon and Lylysa for the swatches and pics! I think Too Faced may have sold their whole stock of the blush right here on BT :smileywink:

lylysa

I know!!!!!

I went into another Sephora yesterday and they didn't even have any display or space set up in their area for the new items yet. I'm getting so antsy!!!!

I may just have to order it online!

lylysa

That's a great shot of the blush! I got so excited about swatching I didn't even think to snap a photo of it! 

The  size was super nice! It's definitely not a whimpy sized blush, that's for sure!

They didn't have the lid on the one I swatched, so I'm sure that adds to the look of it and would only make it more drool-worthy.

Yay for more swatches!

The only brighter/lighter toned pink blush I have is by Tarte (Blissful, Amazonian Clay blush), but that's more of a coral pink and it's matte. I think this would be perfect over it or fit in the same color family but have a much softer finish. I would have no issues building up on the pigment  as there is so much product to work with!

Go Team Enablers R' Us!

bananachoox3

Jelly that you got to test and swatch this! That would look like a nice blend and a pop of color to cheeks. Thanks for the details and photos girl!

lylysa

You're welcome, Bananachoo!

The blush itself looked a bit different in person than on the online pic that I posted at the start of this thread, you can obviously tell there's no lilac/lavender color on my hand, and I must say that third shade really jumped out at me! 

The shimmer in the blush wasn't the typical "particles and bits" of mica and glitter, it was definitely from the beautiful, baked aspect and the swirl of colors used.

sephoramusthave

lylysa!!

Thank you for those swatches girl! It looks amazing! I thought that it had lots of product because of the bulky packaging, but I dont think it has any more actual product than any of my other blushes. Gorgeous! I have fair skin right now so it should show up well on me even if its not super pigmented. LOVE.

lylysa

It's got 0.19 oz of product, Nars' blushes are 0.16, Tarte's Amazonian blushes have 0.2, while the baked blushes from Lorac are only 0.17.

It's got a fair amount of product in the box :smileyhappy:!

That would look gorgeous on fair skin, Sephoramusthave! 

sephoramusthave

It has enough product, I just thought that it would have more than it does because of the jumbo packaging. My Benefit boxed powders have either .42 oz (old packaging) or .25 oz (new packaging), TheBalm Hot Mama has .25 oz, Tarina Tarantino has .20 oz, Cargo blushes have .314 oz, Nars multiple has .50 oz....etc. It doesnt matter, I've never used up a blush completely (not unless you count deluxe samples lol) and I've only hit pan on *one* blush so far (and I wear it everyday!). I think I might need to make room for this one though! Gorgeous! I tested out Becca makeup today and I gotta say....it took *everything* for me to not walk out of there with the entire collection lol.

lylysa

Yeah, those Benefit and Cargo blushes pack some product alright! I have 2 Cargo blushes and one of them looks barely touched!

Now that you mention it, I think I've only ever had one or two blushes where I've hit the pan, and those were from when I first started wearing make up because it was all I had. Now I have so many more blushes it's tough to run through one.

Your will is strong for not snagging up the Becca items! I applaud you and also can't wait if you do purchase some items! :smileywink: Hehe!

msmisty

I recently noticed the Benefit "Feelin' Dandy" and "Tropicoral" mini face kits and I instantly wanted them both. The weather has been cold and dreary and just plain harsh. I'm getting cabin fever but when I saw these I just had visions of spring and summer dance through my head. I couldn't choose between one or the other so I just ordered both.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 186 replies
  • 344 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • carlyanne