lylysa

Something new you're wanting to try?

Hey there, my lovely guys and gals!

With the move into the Spring and the New Year, that means tons of brands and lines are launching out new promos and products! I love checking in and seeing all the new things featured on the Sephora front page.

What I wanted to know is, what are you looking to possibly try or consider trying? It doesn't necessarily have to be a new item, maybe something you've had your eye on for a while or something you're tentative on but decided to take the plunge!

I for one have been eyeballing the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush!

Too Faced - Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush

I'm not even going to deny it, I'm a sucker for pretty and unique packaging and design and this blush just takes the cake! It's so cute and sweet, it reminds me of candy and chocolate boxes around Valentine's Day. Though I'm at no shortage of blushes, this one is just so, so, so eye catching, I can see it on my vanity now!

I'll probably go into my local Sephora today and swatch it and check it out in person before making any decisions, but again, to all those in the Sephora and Beauty Talk world, what are you wanting to try?

:smileyhappy:

kenny

Re: Something new you're wanting to try?

I actually got the TF Sweet Indulgences palette for Christmas. The value is amazing! And the quality is great. The blushes look great (pigment isn't too heavy, but color is buildable). I love the bronzers, not too shimmery, and having one lighter and one darker, really adds versatility to the palette so it can be worn year round. The candlelight highlighter is wonderful for adding glow without being too shimmery (though I would stick to using it on cheek bones and brow bones). TF primer is one of my faves, so having a full-size one in this set is wonderful. I'd say the brush is so-so, it is good, but I wouldn't say rave-worthy.

The shadows have excellent color payoff (except for peach fuzz, which is just glitter...). The range of colors is great, so you can go more playful, dramatic or natural. There are 2 matte shades , the rest are shimmer or glitter. The only issue is glitter fallout... With a few of the shades (peach fuzz,marshmallow and gummdrop come to mind) you wil have to do your eye makeup before face, or hold a tissue under you eye to catch some of the glitter.

Overall though, I love this pallette!

carlyanne

I'm so glad you like it so much! I always try and find a primer that comes in a value set because I hate paying $18-$24 just for a primer... it's important but it seems so boring? 

I usually stay away from eyeshadow because whenever I buy it I end up not using it and stick to my 2 or 3 favorite shades, but it might be nice to have some new colors to play around with! thanks again!

lylysa

I got to play with the shades and with ones such as Peach Fuzz, I like to use a sponge tip applicator and pat/dab it onto my lids rather than use a brush that just sweeps product into the air. The sponge tip helps pack it onto lids better in my opinion.

It may also help to apply that first when the primer is still a bit wet on lids so it can grab hold better.

If not, you also have another pretty highlighter! :smileytongue:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

That's a killer steal, for a full sized primer and all those products! I'm a big fan of TF's complexion products like their bronzers.

I'll most definitely let you and the girlies here know how the TF blush is! I'll see if I can swatch it and snap a pic too and post it tomorrow!

sephoramusthave

I've been wanting to buy more Too faced products like their 9 pan shadow palettes and their la creme lipsticks. I've also been wanting to buy a build your own palette for awhile now...but have decided to wait on that until I see the MUFE one in person. And I have my eye on the new UD oz palettes! I'm super glad that I didnt buy the empty 6 pan ud palette because these oz ones are only 50 bucks and completely filled up and when I use up the ones in the palette, I can put whatever shadow of mine in there. So much fun!! I also want a pastel or bright shadow palette for spring....either too faced romantic or the new MUFE one.

bananachoox3

Their la creme lipsticks are amazinggg!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

The TF Romantic Eye palette is so lovely! There's this super rich, golden, olive shade that is to die for and it pairs so well with plums and eggplants!

latinadiva

I personally have been eyeing WAY too much. I need more makeup like I need a hole in the head. And it's even worse because I (as crazy as people think it is) give up buying makeup for lent so now I'm like reaching for everything I want!

I've been dying to try to new Naked Flushed palette but I'm definitely afraid that with my tan skin, the bronzer could be a waste, even though some lighter bronzers have even shocked me at what they can do for my tan skin. I'm not one for super shimmery, glittery bronzers, so I thought this one looked nice and the blush color looks to die for!

swfupload_8999768354865266380.jpg

I've also been eyeing the new relaunched Ammo Palette. I've enjoyed the new formulation of UD shadows, I wasn't a huge fan of the old shadows with the exception of my Naked 1 and 2, and even though some of these are repeat colors, the ones that are not just call to me!swfupload_2244070364540507534.jpgI've also been itching to try (even though it's not new) NARS Exhibit A. I spotted it a while back and always swatch it but always tell myself no because it's so pricey. But then of course I recently discovered a YouTube guru that swears by it and I couldn't stop staring at the natural flush it gives her, and I love a bolder blush with a neutral eye.swfupload_3686551221616227187.jpg

I also recently tried a NARS shadow for the first time which was a total splurge (not to mention an impulse purchase) and I was now looking to try the new shadow palette they put out, although I'd looove for them to re-release the Danmari palette.swfupload_920630964948972928.jpgI'm also curious about the new Tarte and UD BB creams but I feel like I've tried so many BB creams and they don't usually work for my oily skin, not to mention they just haven't seemed to compare to what I see of the Asian BB Creams (not that I have ever tried them but from what I've seen in tutorials).

I think that is more than enough, although I'm itching to try other products but I could be here all day if I started listing everything!

carlyanne

That is the first I've seen of the Flushed palette and it looks so pretty! I would definitely love to see swatches of the colors. 

lylysa

That Naked cheek palette looks lovely! It reminds me alot of Mally Roncal's products!

Bold blush is so fun! It's amazing to think that sometimes the boldest, most dramatic cheek colors can give just the right spark of color to a complexion! If you get that one, try it with a stippling or fan brush for a light, even application without looking like a clown.

Have you looked into Dr. Jart's Gel BB? It's perfect for skin that's more oily because it has a whipped, gel consistency rather than a lotion or cream feeling. It also rests and lays on oily skin better too!

drrragon

*gasp* that NARS Exhibit A is GORGEOUS!!!  If only they had a mini version of it!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I love Exhibit A, but you're right -- I really wish they made mini-sized versions! Despite owning it for a year and using it more than ten times, it looks completely new and unused. It (and many other NARS blushes) is SO pigmented that even if I shared it with ten clowns, I don't think the pan would show for years...!

lylysa

LOL! You're a hoot!

OMG, if Nars made a kit that had 3 or 4 mini sizes of blushes those would sell out so fast!

drrragon

LOL ten clowns!!!!

latinadiva

COMPLETELY agree. I only have one NARS blush, obviously Orgasm, and I mean it has lasted me...an eternity (not even going into how long because I'm super bad about knowing when to throw certain things out and powder products are one of them and..yeah). I hit pan on it quite a while back but it is still going strong and I know I wouldn't even come close to making a dent in this. Seeing the natural red flush has made me rediscover the deluxe size Benetint I have but it just doesn't seem like it packs the same punch.

lylysa

Benetint is a bit on the watery side, which makes it good for starting use of stains and to offer flexibility, if you ever need something that looks like Benetint but not as thin of a formula, Stila's Cherry Crush Lip and Cheek Stain is an almost dupe. It's a gel based tint so you don't layer on as much but still blends easily.

drrragon

Yeah NARS blushes are HUUUUGE.  I'm like you with pressed powders, I have some that are years old, but hey, I'd think powders of anything should have plenty of longevity unless you accidentally drop one in water or something.  

Now I'm wondering if a red lipstick set with powder would be a good enough substitute to Exhibit A....probably melt off too quickly though.

katie1724

I've had some of my powder blushes for years and years -- the opinions are divided on this, but powder products last so much longer than other cosmetic products (like liquid or cream-based ones, such as foundation or mascara). I feel totally comfortable using them as long as they don't change color / smell (and I store them in a regular room, too -- not in the bathroom or anywhere humid).

latinadiva

I've actually been dying to find a red shadow because I figure shadow, blush, whats the difference..powder is powder. But obviously red shadow isn't exactly readily available. NYX has one called Cherry but it doesn't pack the same punch that Exhibit A does and it's not matte either.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Actually, with red shadows and blushes there can be a huge difference.

The pigment that's used in certain blushes or even lip products are deemed not safe for use on lids as the quality can irritate the delicate skin on lids and around the eye area.

Though that's on a case by case basis, since not everyone has the same sensitivities, it's better to still play it safe than sorry and use only red shadows specific for lids. The same can be said for certain hot pinks or fuschias.

:smileytongue:

MUFE makes a matte red shadow! #158

drrragon

[ Edited ]

Hmm how about this powder blush from MUFE? "Scarlet 99 matte red" and the pan is way smaller than NARS.

swfupload_7769153938387432717.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 186 replies
  • 344 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115