Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

So tell us about..

Your user name! I know we may have had this thread before but with some new people on our boards I thought it would be fun to find out how you all picked/chose your names (PLUS include a favorite product or beauty tip)

My user name is DianaBT because I'm a moderator on here but my personal account name is LuvMyGloss because I am HOOKED on lipglosses of all colors and brands. 

And something I love would be... well,  I love super thick glittery and sparkly shades or nail stickers with tons of sparkle and flash!

FlowerNailBling.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Re: So tell us about..

My name is just my first name (well, nickname, my real name is Carolyn) and my middle name. 🙂

Something I love-eyeshadow!!

My first name starts with a K and Alex is part of my last name.  I'm either Kalex or Kalex00 (the 0s just because either kalex was taken or more letters/numbers were required) at every site I join.

Anonymous Insider

My user name is BeeBeeJ because that's what my oldest friends call me (the ones I've had since elementary school). My first name starts with B, my maiden last name starts with B, and the J just got thrown in to make it match with our favorite thing in the world at age seven-  PBJ - Peanut Butter Jelly. Soooo BeeBeeJ is my take on PBJ. YUMMY. Most people now call me BB.

Best Beauty Tip- SMILE

and don't forget to make eye contact when you meet someone new!!!!!

Titian was my really sweet cat who died from renal failure in 2005 (I accidentally typed 06 instead of 05).  She was 9 years old when she passed away.

Aww, I had a cat with diabetes, I feel your pain! She was the sweetest!

Side note, I totally forgot of another tip that I think a lot of us know. When you color your hair, use a deep conditioner/ mask every time you wash your hair for the next week (even a protein based conditioner). Normally this might be too much (or more porous hair types might only wash their hair once a week so always use deep conditioner), but for the week after color your hair will thank you.

Another great one is that if you don't want to wash your hair frequently and don't like dry shampoos, oil breaks up oil, so you can wet the hair, apply conditioner, rinse and style for a clean feeling without stripping the hair.

My username comes from  the letters in my last name, and thought is was neat that when I said it fast it sounded like the word spicy which describes my love for red hot lip sticks.

Anonymous Insider

Obviously my Mod name is MiaBT.  Prior to starting here at Sephora, I had no idea that Beauty Talk existed!  To be quite honest, I wasnt even a VIB before working here!  Shame... I know. I've had a MAC Pro Discount for years, so that was my go-to for makeup & Sephora was my skincare heaven.  My personal account Msmia510, actually has nothing to do with makeup (shame again, I know!).  Its my standard screen name for all of my social media sites (Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest, etc) so feel free to add me on all of your favorite sites 🙂

My fav beauty product of the moment - self tanner!  I love being tan, especially as the summer months come along 🙂  Tanner definitely helps me even out any tan lines & extend that just from the beach glow!

xo, Mia

I really wanted to write a review at the time I selected my username.  I figured I'd go back and edit my username.  I later found out that this is not an option.  I'd love to switch my user name. 

I was so excited to start contributing to the forum that I didn't spend a whole ton of time trying to come up with a user name. I think I had tried several different combinations that were already taken by other users, and ended up with colorobsession because...well, I LOVE color. I can't even say that I have a favorite. My wardrobe pretty much contains the entire rainbow. When it comes to makeup I am a sucker for eyeshadow (which I guess is related to the whole color thing). Sometimes I wish I had more occasions to be able to wear creative and interesting eye looks. I'm sort of limited by my job and have to maintain a "professional" appearance. But maybe someday I'll have a change of pace! I've always secretly wanted to be a MUA soooo....who knows? 

I love the pic!!! My username is quite simple. It's my name followed by a ton of "aaaaaa's"! When I make usernames for different things "Ariel" is always taken. So I just randomly put aaaaa's lol!

I picked "MakeupMaven" because I was slightly more into makeup when I first joined (which is when BT first started)...perhaps that's sort of ironic because I'm way more into skincare now! But whatevs, it's cute!

I'm at a loss for a great tip right now, but since I'm getting my hair cut and colored on Sat, I would say that generally I think it's a good idea to work w/ what your hair is naturally doing in the season. I had my colorist go a little lighter (or rather, stick with what my hair was doing) the last time because I knew it would lift with the sun during my bday trip to Bolinas (Saturday was an amazing beach day...there's an outdoor shower at the cabin which isn't the best thing for keeping color in)...and it did lift, as predicted. So I'm glad to work with that...not the time to go darker!

Back when I made an account I wasn't super interested in beauty stuff and wasn't planning on actually doing anything in the forum. For temporary/throwaway accounts like that I usually name it temp or test. Since this is beautytalk so I named it beautytester. 

Then I got addicted, and wish my username is not so generic, but I've already accumulated too many posts/hearts/PM by that time to make/want a separate account. Since I like testing/trying new things, it turns out to be quite appropriate. lol.

Anonymous Insider

Such a funny story. I started reading posts here at BT months before I ever wrote anything myself. At first I had no idea how it worked and I just assumed you were actually a "tester" of products,.....like...in an official manner.

Haha, it's more of the "testing testing 1 2 3" type rather than product tester, tho I have accumulated a TON of skincare samples and wish I am one but not sure how hire me sephora.

Anonymous Insider

Well anyway...even if they dont hire you, I've read bunches of your posts and since I thought you were "official" I've taken your product advice a few times. Maybe Sephora owes you some commision 🙂

Aww, well I hope they've been helpful. The hearts are good enough. ^.^

@sephoralovex we use our mod accounts to reply but before I was on this team I used my own.  🙂 sometimes I still go on it to check things are working out right and get the client perspective cuz a mod account is slightly different.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Well, I made my username back in 2009 I believe. I remember it was to write a review on some product and this was when I was around 14? I was only beginning to get into makeup and I just quickly thought of sephoralovex... because I love Sephora! I guess I decided to write it backwards instead of lovesephorax haha. I dont know why I put the x at the end. If I could change my username now, oh defiantly I would.

My username on my personal account is Beautyjunkie! Which I am:) I love seeing what new and in trend and I love testing them out. I try to swatch and test products out as soon as I see them online!

Favorite product: Hard to narrow it down! I would say the Josie Maran Argan Oil. I mix it in with my moisturizer, face mists, body lotions. It works great with my skin.

Beauty tip. Apply liner and shadow with your eyes OPEN! You can get an easier feel for where your crease is and for liner you can get closer to the last line. When I used to apply shadow on clients at the various counters that I worked at, I always had clients open their eyes when I applied shadow and it also looked more even and polished!

❤️ Melissa

Simple and right on the spot username! 🙂 Do MOD's use their own account to talk on BT also? Or just your staff account?

40 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • FlowerNailBling.jpg
  • downsized_0819120019.jpg
testing