Show Me Your Vanity/Makeup Stations!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello my beautiful people!

I am looking to get a new vanity/makeup station. Currently, I am using half of my desk as a vanity and the other half as my office. It has worked fine for the past few years. But now as my makeup collection/obsession has grown larger, I ran out of room and am storing stuff in my linen closet and in my bathroom as well. I want all of my makeup, skin care, hair care, and nail polish all in one place.

Please post a photo and show me (and all of the other nosy BT out there- you know who you are!) your vanity/makeup station and if you don't mind, let me know where you got it from. I am super curious to see everyone's "battle stations"! The beauty gurus on YouTube have some outrageous vanity and makeup storage areas. I rather see what my fellow BT members have! Or if you don't have your ideal vanity, but have an inspirational photo of what your dream vanity/makeup station is, you can post it as well! I need some amazing ideas and I know you all have some great taste!!!

Thanks!

Re: Show Me Your Vanity/Makeup Stations!!!

That is sooo gorgeous

He said "that's not bad"- we are ALL witnesses to it!!! He can't go back on his word now!!!!

Yes, that is REALLY pricy and I fell in love with it after I saw it on Elle Folwer's video on YouTube!!! I hope you have the space for it after you saved up for this amazing vanity!! Even if I did want to buy it and had the money for it, I don't have the room for it at my condo. One day... in my dream home maybe!

i love this! 

Loved reading through this thread.  I'm currently in the processes of designing a vanity for my bedroom, and now I have some ideas to incorporate!  Can't wait.

I love it too!!!

I ended up getting the PB Teen Lilac desk:

(I did not get the chair or the extra drawers on top- I have my Muji drawers that take up a lot of space!)

That's super cute too! Gosh I need 5 houses for all the different vanities I love.

(0) Hearts

I'm going to have to start looking at PB Teen! This is the second thing this weekend that I've seen from them that I like!

I think I might be the only one who prefers to keep their makeup stashed away!

My polish lives in a series of plastic boxes from Container Store under my bed (I could never keep the 350+ polishes out!), and there's really not much out in my quarter bath I've designated as my getting ready area.  (It's a wall-wall vanity, sort of like that weird extra sink in a hotel room outside the main bathroom. This is just in its own self-contained room with an adjoining door to the real bathroom)

I keep my brushes out, as well as my eyeliners (which are in cups), but everything else tucked away and organized.

Am I alone on this?

(0) Hearts

WOW! 350+ polishes??? That is a lot!

The majority of my items are tucked away in labeled boxes in my linen closet and a few in the bathroom but I want them all in one place.

I forget about them and when I run out I buy another one, even though I already have a backup (it is tucked away and I forgot!). Or I think ohh... I want that... only to find out that I already bought it and didn't incorporate it into my everyday makeup so it is in a box in the linen closet. I need to have vanity to store all of my items so I don't keep buying multiples of stuff!!!

I am sure I am not the only one who buys something and forgets they bought it, right? And then go to repurchase it again? Lol... I mean I am super organized and it is in the correct spot. Out of sight, out of mind I guess!

(0) Hearts

No I do the same I think I have to have everything organized and put away. :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

OK, good...

My home would be a cluttered mess if my makeup was out!

Just got my battle station today.  It's tiny I know but it does have secret storage which is great.  The right side and left side flap up to reveal storage underneath.  There's a drawer in the front and the stool cushion lifts up and there's storage there too!  

IMG_3711.jpg
Left side:
Left.png

Right side:
Right.png

Am loving it :smileyvery-happy:

I love the secret compartments!!!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yeah I actually didn't know there was any until I put it together today.  Best surprise ever.  I would love a bigger vanity but it was bigger vanity or another dog..hmmm...dog..lol.

Oh and yes that is a bottle of vodka on the floor (it's for cleaning my brushes :smileytongue:)

Sure it is Magrat...Sure it's for cleaning your brushes :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

:smileysurprised: But... but.... Isn't that wasting it?

*sob*

J/K, I hadn't heard of using vodka before.  How often do you clean them?

I dip them once a week but spritz them with a 9/1 vodka/water mixture every time I use them.  Keeps them 100% germ free.  

Don't worry I got another bottle for drinking..lol.

What's worse is I'm Irish so no one will believe me..lol.

I am currently refinishing my mom's old vanity table.  I was inspired by this on I saw on Pinterest.  I'm going with the same black, but my inside drawers will be aqua or turquoise.  I'm not sure about using fabric to line the bottom of the drawers, I think it would be too hard to clean.

image.jpg

(0) Hearts

My make-up stash won't fit in mine either.  I really want to get the Alex storage unit from Ikea as well.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments