Show Me Your Vanity/Makeup Stations!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello my beautiful people!

I am looking to get a new vanity/makeup station. Currently, I am using half of my desk as a vanity and the other half as my office. It has worked fine for the past few years. But now as my makeup collection/obsession has grown larger, I ran out of room and am storing stuff in my linen closet and in my bathroom as well. I want all of my makeup, skin care, hair care, and nail polish all in one place.

Please post a photo and show me (and all of the other nosy BT out there- you know who you are!) your vanity/makeup station and if you don't mind, let me know where you got it from. I am super curious to see everyone's "battle stations"! The beauty gurus on YouTube have some outrageous vanity and makeup storage areas. I rather see what my fellow BT members have! Or if you don't have your ideal vanity, but have an inspirational photo of what your dream vanity/makeup station is, you can post it as well! I need some amazing ideas and I know you all have some great taste!!!

Thanks!

Re: Show Me Your Vanity/Makeup Stations!!!

Oh!! That is so pretty!!! Fingers crossed you can convince him! And when you do, hopefully the antique shop still has it!

[ Edited ]

I love how the mirror folds down! (I have the same (or a similar) gold / mirrored tray on my dresser, too -- you can't really see it well in the picture I posted, but all of my fragrance bottles are on it). :smileyvery-happy:

that is my favorite part! adn the detailing on the drawer pulls... and it would even match the wood furniture we have in the living room hahaha. and i have the perfect spot picked out for it back in the baby free zone that we have blocked off with baby gates :smileyvery-happy: how could he possibly deny me this? LOL

Exactly -- sounds logical to me, and I hope you're successful! :smileyvery-happy: (Antique stores are my weakness!)

Pretty! Good luck on convincing him:smileywink:

Ooooh :smileyhappy:

There has to be room for this pretty :smileyvery-happy:

[ Edited ]

upload_8587655234203364369.jpg

(0) Hearts

Omg, it looks like something from the Victorian Era! It is so pretty!

(0) Hearts

this is lovely! 

(0) Hearts

Sooo pretty, love the details

(0) Hearts

Ah... this is sooo gorgeous!

This one is so fancy

a.jpg

(0) Hearts

It is so fancy and it looks like there is a lot of storage too!!!

(0) Hearts

That's pretty too. Lots of storage!

My real vanity is a massive antique piece of furniture with a mirror that weighs about 5,000 pounds; it didn't move with me across the country, but it will wind up with me someday! I'll try to find a picture of it.

My current vanity isn't a vanity, per se, but a vanity mirror atop my dresser. It's also very old, and my dresser is cluttered at the moment (forgive the mess!). My jewelry (...also in disarray) is stored in old cold cream jars I find at antique marts / flea markets.

If you can spot him, Vanity Smurf (who was my original BT avatar for a long time, years ago) makes a cameo -- he's on the left. :smileywink:

Vanity.jpg

I love the trays and the antique jars too! Lovely! I can't wait to see a picture of your real vanity!

(0) Hearts

Thank you!!! I posted it below (I should have moved it, but it's in the response to calamityjane85). :smileyvery-happy:

I'll be waiting on that picture. It sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Thanks, calamityjane85! I found it! It looks bare because I took everything with me when I moved (save that pink curling iron, which I've probably had since high school!). I love the art nouveau(ish) woodwork in the mirror, and you can't really see it, but there's a large drawer that pulls out from the center.

The lower portion actually used to be my grandparents' hall table in the house they lived in for  40-odd years (I can remember playing in the drawer with their address books and such when I was little!). I never knew it was a vanity until my grandfather told me that the mirror (which I'd never seen) was stored away in the attic; the mirror is very heavy and I think the table fit perfectly in the hallway, so it was more useful as that than a vanity. My grandmother let me have it when she moved. It has so much sentimental value for me because of this (he died a long time ago) and because it was theirs. Even if I had no use for a vanity, I'd still keep it!

unnamed.jpg

Oh gosh its gorgeous :smileyhappy: 

(0) Hearts

Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments