jenjendoitagain

Shout-out...or something :]

[ Edited ]

Pardon me while I ramble for a moment.

Please, stay tuned if you'd like :smileyhappy:

So, I really never knew this BeautyTalk thing existed until I accidentally clicked the wrong button while doing an online order a couple of months ago. I started to  back out, when I realized many of the post titles were things I could relate to! I started reading through threads when I realized I had been sitting at my computer for two hours getting lost in the abyss that is BeautyTalk! I found myself learning new techniques on how to apply types makeup, opening new tabs to "Love" new items on my Sephora account, getting together a new skincare routine, and even writing down things that I wanted to try out later.

I quickly noticed that many of posts and/or comments made were by a lot of the same people. I found this tight little community of beauty lovers by accident one day, and it has already changed my normal routine.  I wake up-I check BeautyTalk.  Throughout the day (I lost count how many times), I check BeautyTalk. Before I go to bed? Yea, I check BeautyTalk.  For many weeks I never posted, I just read soaking up all that is this wonderful place.  Now; however, it seems as though you can't get me to hush up!

My husband, my friends, or family may never understand my obsessiveness over makeup, products, or what-not but I know when I come in here I am just like everyone else...Eager to try new things, spend money on another blush when we already have tons, learn a new technique, or to just laugh and joke around, I know that I will be accepted in here...and maybe make a friend or two. :smileywink:

I really think Sephora SA's should start telling customers about this section...Maybe they do? (Just not in my store, I guess?) 

...I guess I was wrong. Nobody wants to share. :smileysad: My bad.

It has quickly become a new obsession for me, all thanks to an accident of hitting the wrong button. 

Everyone in here is really great, as well as the mods who work hard to keep this a drama-free, clean place to come and chit chat.

Sorry for the long ramblings this afternoon!

MEME.jpg

ghkim

Re: Shout-out...or something :]

i totally agree with brat. if there were a million people here it would get overwhelming and would be less warm and familiar. 

jenjen, i'm so glad you're here! and i do the exact same thing - i'm here all the time. my husband does his best to keep up but he will never be able to understand why i need 30 different shades of red lipstick or why i will spend $25 on something i'll never use just so that i can get a freebie worth 3$. and i too will admit, poor husband is familiar with some of you by your screen names due to conversations we have had about BT :smileytongue:

kenny

I know what you mean. Some new people come flying in here, being rude, deceptive or stirring up trouble. Of course, we were all newbies at some point, but I enjoy the smaller community :smileyhappy:

I think BT has been gaining some popularity as some people joining ONLY try to get in on TSB, or start silly or rude threads (why post on this forum how you think makeup is horrible and superficial, but you still want people here to help you?!)

jojobe

hahahaa! that one was too much! 

bombshell30

Troll!! I couldn't believe my eyes!!

glossyguru

BT is truly a wonderful place, it really is. Such a tight group of such amazing people that all love makeup, this is my happy place. It is a shame that more people don't know about it.

I remember when I first joined BT, I didn't know what the heck it was, but I was hooked. It made me so happy to get a new heart, or move up a rank. I cried when I reached hall of famer, I always looked up to them and then I was one. I remember my first heart party, it was when I reached 100 hearts. And beautytester threw it for me. I felt so special. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I feel under appreciated and ignored on here, when no one comments on some of my threads. And I was so happy when I hit 1K, but so sad when no one even noticed. But then I remember that is doesn't even matter, everyone is my friend on here :smileyhappy:

bombshell30

I adore you glossy! I will throw your next party if Nikki doesn't beat me too! :smileyhappy: I didn't get a heart party until 1500 so I get it! *hugs*

nikki

I was totally counting down to throw you a heart party but Amber beat me :smileyvery-happy:

jojobe

no one notices mine either, but i don't care . I am going to make some cupckaes - I will bake one in your honor too! 

nikki

Aw, I will throw your 2,000 heart party too if no one beats me! 

bombshell30

I'll bring the booze!!! :smileywink:

makeupobesessed

Glossyguru, the old version of BT showed the amount of hearts you had next to your name.  Now you have to click on the name of the member to see how many they have.  And hearts don't really do anything, but a heart party is fun!

glossyguru

I know hearts don't really do anything...

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I'll definitely come to ur heart party!!!

nikki

Aw, well I will throw your 2,000 heart party unless someone beats me to it:smileytongue:

ShinyMagpie

Right there with you girlfriend. I only found it last fall. Our beloved spoiledbrat made me feel welcome and included. I love this little community. I've learned a lot and laughed a lot. I look forward to checking in here everyday. :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

Sallie - I remember my first heart party too and I cried too. I was reading the post and it took me awhile to realize it was a heart party for me. Viola threw it for me and I will always remember it and her being so sweet to do that for me.

You never forget your first heart party.

Sallie, you are still BT sunshine!

xo - The Brat

SallieSunshine

Aaaaa, tearing up again! Must not cry in my cube. I'm on BT way too much today. I can't be all quiet at my desk for hours and then start crying, lol!

Thanks, friend. :smileyhappy:

sparklekai

It's ok...we've got tissues

1F698DBB.jpg

and hearts!!!

ikea-heart-hug-pillow.jpg

MzDedeInAz

I do think i'm alil slower with this thou because i just saw that you can add people to what look's like a friends list lol I so need more coffee :smileyhappy:

comfyrock

Waaah?  I can't claim a lack of caffeine. :smileyhappy:

LindenAnn

Wait, there's a friends list? Maybe I need more coffee too! lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 105 replies
  • 505 hearts
  • 33 in conversation