FireSpinner

Should I work Monday? (it's a holiday up here) :p

So this coming Monday will be Thanksgiving for us Canucks up here. (What's that all aboot, eh?) hehe. I'm debating to whether to volunteer to work it or not. It'll be double time and a half pay...Is it worth it? Or should I enjoy my day of rest? :smileyhappy:

kenny

Re: Should I work Monday? (it's a holiday up here) :p

(0) Hearts

I usually snap up the chance to work on holidays, especially if you get of early (5pm or before), great way to make a little more but you still get to enjoy the holiday later in the day

RiaMo

(0) Hearts

Depends. If you can get wake up and go in early and get out early, I totally would! Well First I would calculate how much money that is and if it would be worth it to me to go in vs what I would do if I was off. 

miabt

(0) Hearts

5am-1pm isnt too bad!  You can still make it home in time to get ready & cook :smileyhappy:  Last year, I volunteered to work Thanksgiving morning, thinking that I can cook in between, but that wasnt as easy as I thought it would be, since I was cooking so much!  The DT is always a great motivator too!

xo, Mia

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Yay, happy thanksgiving! If you don't have plans then you should definitely work. More money = more makeup! :smileyvery-happy: 

But if you have thanksgiving traditions with friends or family, then you wouldn't want to miss that! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

If you didn't have plans before 1PM, do it!  I always loved working holidays for the pay.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I agree with garnett. =)

If you need a break take the day if you need the money work it.  If you work at least you'll have the afternoon off.  =)

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

It's 5am till 1pm

carolang

(0) Hearts

I volunteered for USA thanksgiving call... I think its worth it! A bonus right before xmas (or maybe FF sales in your case) is always nice... I'll take a little extra reward (this sounds quite materialistic of me!) for some extra work. And if you get off before dinner then that would be nice too!

anb0906

(0) Hearts

You should def volunteer to work, but only if your schedule doesn't interrupt any holiday plans you have. Thanksgiving with friends and/or family + double pay in one day = win!

garnett

(0) Hearts

Well, if  you enjoy the holiday and have people to celebrate it with, I say take the day off.  If you need the money or will be home alone you might be better off working.  I wish our Thanksgiving was in October.  The end of November is way past the harvest (on the east coast anyway) and it's so close to Christmas.  In any case, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kenny
    • veronika23
    • RiaMo
    • miabt
    • garnett
    • starletta8