BeautyJunkie325

Shoes....have you ever bought a pair just because?

Okay so we love beauty products and we have admitted to buying things just because we we were drawn into the packaging, etc.  So have you ever bought shoes that weren't practical just because you liked the way they looked?  I saw these beauties and had to get them.  Totally impractical with the 4 1/2 heal but they are so sexy.

Hot Shoes.jpg

DTalksAll

Re: Shoes....have you ever bought a pair just because?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I stopped buying shoes "just because" a few years ago. I have a pair of Jimmy Choos, Loubs, and Fendi that sit in their box & are never worn. I can only wear really comfortable heels for just a few hours. I think I'm the only person with high arches that can't walk in heels for hours.

I now rather spend my money on purses, besides most people never notice shoes. 

janinebt

Umm I feel like 80% of my closet is filled with 'just because' shoes. I have SO many that literally are not socially acceptable for most of the daily situations that I'm in. Glitter, straps, tulle, crazy patterns...if it looks impractical chances are I'll love it haha. My logic is almost always 'well they might come in handy one day' and 9 times out of 10 they don't.

My all time favorite brands are Bordellos, which average in at about 5.75 inches tall. They're so cute!

swfupload_7565086723507886381.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
WhereYouStand

I bought these last week. LOL.

14514401_130424143000.jpg

solveig

[ Edited ]

In the last 4 years, there is only one pair in my tiny collection that fits that description. Well, technically I bought them online expecting to wear them quite a lot, however I missed the fact that being size 5 in shoes, there is no way I can wear 4 1/2 inch stiletto heels without any platform. I put them on and it felt like I am walking in pointes (much like a ballerina would, but I am SO not a ballerina). I decided to keep them, since they weren't extremely expensive (and looked so cute on) and I've worn them out once in 4 years, but I can't force myself to get rid of them.

GUESS Women's Dottest Bootie.jpg

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

lol Half the shoes I own would probably be considered "impractical" by the mainstream. But I love them and wear them anyway. :smileywink:

MermaidBarbie

I actually have a pair of heels very similar, just with a platform, are stilettos, and no peep toe. These are actually very practical to me and I love rocking all my heels. :smileyvery-happy: I have so many shoes, I need a separate room for them.

BeautyJunkie325

I have a second pair that have no peep toe too, I think they are Steve Madden.

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Shoe love. <3 :smileyhappy:

jenpred

[ Edited ]

Guilty as charged! I was really into the ikat/tribal patterns last year, and I bought these Chinese Laundry pumps thinking I would wear them to some fun holiday party....sigh...

Snip20130831_2.png

LCResz

[ Edited ]

My size 10 feet are difficult to shod, so when I find something that fits it's mine! Teaching has curbed my search for high heels but I have a lot of cute flats and wedges, however I don't buy shoes that are impractical (I.e. hurt my feet) no matter how great the shoe may be. Mt days of wearing pinchy shoes are far behind me. 

kimchikween

Not as much recently since most of my shoes now are for work, but many, many years ago, I bought these Prada shoes off the clearance rack at Nordstrom.  

Haven't worn them in the past 8 years and really should throw them out or sell or whatever.  I didn't keep good care of them after I stopped wearing them, so now they're in pretty bad shape.  But when I saw them, I just had to grab them.

syritt

@ Esdee (and all of us with muscular calves) - Surprisingly, Steve Madden boots have been a great fit this year. I bought the Leader boots and they fit perfectly, which is amazing because I can never fit regular size boots. (The Fergie cuff boots also fit larger and are quite wearable.)

But yeah, Fergie shoes.... *sigh* I pretty much love everything she's ever put out. I can't help it. My wallet hurts every time.

tashalicious

Jessica Simpsons shoes are pretty hot too. :smileywink:

Esdee

I really wish I could.  I have wide, flat feet that are uncommonly large for my height.  It's really, *really* difficult to find a shoe that fits me without looking like my foot is spilling out of it.  :smileysad:

neko333

(0) Hearts

I have the opposite problem. My feet are narrow with high arches (the high arch thing actually does well with heels though I think). My foots so narrow I slip out of my shoes. I can usually wear about a 7-7 1/2 in tennis shoes. In just about everything else I've got to aim for about a 6 1/2, and they still slip. I can't go any smaller though without having toes jammed in my shoes. 

tashalicious

maybe you have to buy shoes with the straps around the ankle. :smileywink:

neko333

My ankle is to small most of the time. I have a couple like that. I had to give the strap more holes to make it fit. But yeah, I generally need a shoe with something holding me in it. 

BeautyJunkie325

I had to get my mom those silicon guards for the back of her shoes so she didn't slip out of them.  It worked pretty well since she is kind of in-between sizes.

neko333

I have those as well.  They seem to work better with some shoes more than others. 

Esdee

Ahhh, you guys!  I should have known you'd all know a solution to my dilemma!  :smileyvery-happy:  I'll definitely check out all these options.  Torrid might be a good option for boots for me, too; I have muscular calves, so I can almost never find anything that doesn't look like sausage casing above my ankles, if I can even get it zipped up!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • janinebt
    • ChicDabbler
    • solveig
    • neko333
    • MermaidBarbie