sephoramusthave

September No-Buy

I have decided that I have *enough* makeup so I'm on board for the September No-Buy. Who's with me?

shyvicki

Re: September No-Buy

My credit card statements are saying "no buy". Parts of my makeup organizer are crammed. My birthday is in October so I'll treat myself then since my mom usually gets me money for my birthday.

waterbaby1981

[ Edited ]

*cries*

We ended up needing four all new tires for my Civic this past week...they were down to the legal limit, so "bald".  $485 for that and alignment of the front end.  I love my mom though, she let me put them on her Les Schwab account and pay her back for it.

Question though....I hit pan on my HG concealer, the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot.  Would it be breaking the no-buy if I'm actually OUT?  (I do have DiorSkin Nude hydrating concealer, so I'm not out of concealer per say, just my holy grail one.  It's not an immediate emergency YET.)

Yeah, I'd say my wallet and checkbook are definitely saying I'm in the no-buy zone until I get some cash flow here! 

sephoramusthave

Unless you are *completely* out of a certain product that you use all the time, wait until October to get it. I know its hard especially for me because my birthday's in September so even if I get money or a giftcard as a present, I will wait until October to splurge on *needed* items. :smileyvery-happy:

prettyinpa

I am working on using up any of my myriad products so I can claim that they are *necessary* but I don't think I could actually get it done before October anyways!:smileymad:

officegal

(0) Hearts

I have secured my nail polishes and I'm pretty sure that I can go through all of September without buying a single beauty product. I'm going at it full throttle!!!!!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

You're doing great guys! I'm so proud of y'all for standing your ground and not caving for an entire month!

*hugs*

sephoramusthave

Its October and I made it through September without spending a dime on beauty products. Who crossed the finish line with me?

:smileyvery-happy:

prettyinpa

I made it but just by the skin of my teeth, I went totally nuts today and am busy hiding Sephora bags and other incriminating evidence!:smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Haha! We love you prettyinpa, that is hillarious!

I havent gone nutso yet but I am going to an outdoor shopping outlet tomorrow to get my moisturizer. I am completely out, I even used up EVERY. SINGLE. SAMPLE I had lying around because I was determined to stick to my *no beauty items at ALL* no buy. This particular shopping center has hundreds of fabulous stores and I'm hoping to JUST get this one thing there tomorrow unless I see something that I really truly want and will use all the time.

livforstyle

[ Edited ]

Guess i will start an october no buy, oh wait..shoot..i just bought a NYC 99 cent lipstick today ugh :smileysad:

shyvicki

Have gone to Sephora twice this month. The first trip was to get some of the things I've been wanting and to receive the birthday gift. The second time was to exchange items I've had lying around for up to a year but hadn't opened. Because of that I now have about $24 of store credit. Not sure what to put it towards yet, but after I do I'm doing everything I can to not buy anything else until spring unless it's a staple item I run out of such as face care, concealed, or powder foundation (I hate liquid foundations).

makeuplover306

(0) Hearts

Congrats sephoramusthave! I wasnt on a september no-buy but i need to be on one!

officegal

**bleep**, there are some strong-willed women in this thread!

I'm on a personal ban from buying any more eye shadows and lippies indefinitely. Aside from Chanel's new nail polishes (Peridot and Graphite), I don't think that I'll be buying or "needing" anything.

smartmint

Yup! :smileywink:

waterbaby1981

I'm *definitely* in for this for August and September.  My sister's wedding is next weekend, I need an oil change and tire rotation on my Civic, new wipers, and if those tires need to be REPLACED....we really don't have the money.  I so need to find a job!

so yes....I'm in this.  :smileyvery-happy:

mermadelove

Although I ws sorely tempted by this weekend's VIB bonus and the double points, I am sticking with the no buy!!! I'll swap on MUA to get my fix and clear my stash of unwanted stuff to boot! Then maybe I can have enough $$ saved up for the VIB and /or Friends and Family sale this fall/winter!!!

daisy346

Good for you. That's what you call self-control. I haven't been doing so good. I placed 3 (yes three) Sephora orders in the last couple weeks, as well as getting quite a bit of nail polish elsewhere, and making several trips to CVS. I need to do this too....correction, I WILL do this too.

katimae

Ok. I'm in for September. My ONLY out would be if it works out to be going to Antigua in the beginning of Oct.  Which is like a one in a million chance.  So, I think it's a great idea!  I may need support though!  :smileysurprised:

prettyinpa

@katimae- Support is just what we give here, we are soo good at cheering each other on, I have never seen such great solidarity among participants of any site as what goes on here!

Hope you do get to go on your trip, how's your ankle coming?

pandapple6

[ Edited ]

YES! I just got another bottle of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisurizing Gel, Clinique's Lipstick in Pink-a-boo, and Urban Decay's 15th Anniversary Palette. So no more beauty products for a while. :smileyhappy: 

I am not done officially back to school shopping, so this no-buy is just for makeup lol! :smileywink: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • makeuplover306
    • shyvicki