evno

Sephora Recommends Products for You... or Not

Does anyone else check the Recommended Just for You section everyday, hoping for more suggestions? I mean, Sephora's pretty good with their advertisement, but this is one area where they could actually do more product exposure! The recommendations change maybe every 3 weeks to a month, and only 2-3 at a time. 

What would be really great would be to expand the profile section that people can optionally fill out (include eyeshadow color preferences, specific skin concerns, etc.) and then match people to more products that fit the profile, not just 2 or 3. 

Even though I'm enabled by BTers, sometimes the products aren't the best for me, and it takes FOREVER to research and filter through all of Sephora's great products. In short, Sephora, please enable me more!

beautytester

Re: Sephora Recommends Products for You... or Not

Hahaha, I have to post this somewhere. Sephora keeps resetting my bday to 1973 or something despite my effort to change it several times, and today I got an email that says "[my name], aging skin? try this."

psst, here's a secret, Sephora, I'm not actually 40some yrs old.

lonerchick

(0) Hearts

These never change and they don't reflect anything I have bought. I just ignore that part of the website.

ShinyMagpie

I don't pay much attention to them to be honest.

I pay more attention to the 'Beauty Grab' items that show up on the shopping cart page. I've snagged a couple of great things for very little that I might not have considered trying in the past. 

shyvicki

I do wish the recommendations had more to offer. Usually I just get a foundation and eye shadow. I'd like to see a full-face one, such as a foundation, blush, eyes, lips, and a skincare product..

vanillammm

I own all three of the products that they have listed for me now. If they had a way for the computer program that selects those to cross-reference what I have already purchased it may be a more ideal use of that marketing tool.

ladymeag

Mine last changed when the previous set of things were all discontinued. I used to have three recommendations, now I only have two. They've been the same since last year. I would find it more useful if we could fine-tune what they make suggestions for; a questionnaire set that covers fragrance, paraben, silicone, gluten, sunscreen, etc would be nice instead of just "Recommended for your Combination Skin!" There are so many kinds of combo skin. Also, if you have a saved color IQ number, it should use that when it recommends foundation. 

Titian06

I check my recommendations every few months hoping they'll change.  It's usually the same products for months on end:  foundations that are way too dark for my pasty white skin or other products that are not appropriate for me or that I would never use.

You would think they could come up with suggestions based on our purchasing histories, products that are similar to the items we have purchased but from other companies or products that could be add-ons to items we use.

malday

This would be great. Every time I check that section it's always some random foundation in a color that's way too dark or an unflattering-for-me eyeshadow from brands I don't even care for that will sit there for months (I'm looking at you Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in Blue My Mind). 

DitzCore

Personally, I think the recomendations are silly. I did purchase two of the products recomended for my eyes, but it seems very straight forward.

Green eyes = purple eyeshadow. :/

How boring and obvious.

shyvicki

So true. Since I have brown eyes they always recommend blue eye shadow.

beautytester

I do look at the recommendations, but they are either things I already have/use or things I have checked out and am not interested in. =X

Personally I'd settle for Sephora not getting my birth year wrong. I've tried to change it twice, but now decided it's ok if Sephora think I'm 40yrs old (cheers to 1973!).

sn22

I think that's a great idea! We all need more enabling :smileytongue:

I actually love the recommendations section, and I think more would be great. Because, when I am looking for a new product, especially if it's skin care, I do spend a great amount of time filtering through the website for what might be perfect for me.  And Sephora actually has a great website, much easier to use than Ulta or any other place. You can narrow down what you are looking for in so many ways, and I love that. But, if we had more recommendations to start with, it would make it even easier.

quotidianus

i feel like i kind of check it obsessively and ... only two things.  argan oil and bareminerals ready to go complexion perfection palette.  i hate bareminerals. it doesn't work with my skin. also, their fairest palette would make me look ridiculous as it's a good bit darker than i am. not a match at all.

envo, you're absolutely right.  preferences (and dislikes) and such should be included.  recommendations need to be vastly more personalized!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • shyvicki
    • malday
    • beautytester
    • ladymeag
    • sn22
    • Titian06