gabidee

Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gift!

[ Edited ]

I was so excited to head off to sephora 2 days after my birthday and pick up the yearly gift. I immediatly took a whiff of the 3 in 1 shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath. This Philosophy product smells amazing, like buttercream frosting and warm vanilla. I have yet to use it, but I am thrilled to. I hope my hair and body ends up smelling good enough to eat :smileyvery-happy:. Plus, It doesn't hurt that every time I look at it, I'm called beautiful by the bottle :smileyvery-happy:

UPDATE, after trying it:

It smelled amazing in the shower, but it didn't last. I used it as a shampoo and as a body wash, and my hair nor my body smelled like cake :smileysad: I was really looking forward to a sweet-smelling body, but I guess not. I'm giving their bath and body a few more shots, though.

And with that, I have a question.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS?

finishednuggets.jpg

morepoop5.jpg

morepoop.jpg

-gabidee :smileyvery-happy:

beautygeek97

Re: Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gift!

I can't wait to get mine, my birthday is in 2 weeks!! :smileyvery-happy: To answer your question, I really like Purity Made Simple and the Microdelivery Facial Scrub. It works wonders when used together!

<3 beautygeek97

gabidee

Beautygeek,

If your birthday is in 14 days or less, you can actually pick up your gift right now! You're aloud to 14 days before and after your birthday, so if you just can't get wait.... :smileyvery-happy:

-gabidee

beautygeek97

Haha thanks for the info! I had no idea that you could do that! Now I need to go to my nearest Sephora... :smileyhappy:

<3beautygeek97

sephoramusthave

The Birthday gift is STILL a Philosophy product? Grrrrrrrrrrrrz.

I am not a fan of Philosophy at all, and I especially HATE their skincare products. I tried their flavored lip glosses in store and liked them just fine, but not enough to buy them. I also sniffed one of their fragrances and it was okay, but nothing super special. Overall though, not a fan. Sorry.

shyvicki

(0) Hearts

I like the Purity Made Simple face wash. Gets my face clean without drying it out.

chewcifer

(0) Hearts

my b-day is in october so i'll be trying it then. my faves are pure grace and baby grace. i tried red velvet cake and i didn't really like the scent. i love how you can use them as shampoo, condiotioner and body wash. i always take the trial size bottle on vacation and it saves so much room! i didn't notice my hair being weighed down, but i did notice the great shine

ran8

While I am not a fan of their skincare products at all, I do enjoy the bath and body items.  The scents I have liked are: Vanilla,  Papaya Passion Punch (Limited Edition), Fresh Peaches With Cream (Limited Edition), and usually the mixed drinks ones (some constant, some limited editions).  Although it is fun to sample the other scents at Sephora and/or Nordstrom (they have some exclusive Philosophy products as well). 

When I forgot to pack shampoo, I did use the margarita one for that purpose.  It worked well enough.  I also like giving out the smaller sets as parts of gifts or for myself (since the smaller bottles are easier to go through). 

pocketvenus

I did like the gift! I'm not sure if I would ever use it as a shampoo though. It seems like it wouldn't rinse out well. The bath stuff is fun as gifts for younger friends, especially with the cute packaging.

@ran8, did you find it weighed down your hair as a shampoo?

gabidee

[ Edited ]

pocketvenus,

I tried is as a shampoo for the second time, and in no means did it weigh down my hair. I live in MIchigan, and it's been a fairly dry summer.Sadly, the fragrance didn't last long on my hair or my body (I stepped out of the shower and my hair didn't smell like cake). It did rinse out very well, though. I was surprised. Of course, I won't let this replace salon hair care products like Bumble and Bumble.

-gabidee

pocketvenus

gabidee wrote:

pocketvenus,

I tried is as a shampoo for the second time, and in no means did it weigh down my hair. I live in MIchigan, and it's been a fairly dry summer.Sadly, the fragrance didn't last long on my hair or my body (I stepped out of the shower and my hair didn't smell like cake). It did rinse out very well, though. I was surprised. Of course, I won't let this replace salon hair care products like Bumble and Bumble.

-gabidee

Thanks for the update :smileyhappy:

ran8

@pocketvenus:  It has been almost four years since I remember using it as a shampoo.  It was good enough for hot and humid florida during 100+ weather.  It doesn't build up like aveda does (which is a good thing).  Might have to see how it holds up on my next trip (also more humid there).  It might weigh down in a drier climate though.  But for the most part, the weight was on par with some hotel shampoos.

But as in the place of a salon shampoo?  Nah.  Take the bumble and bumble minis instead.

pocketvenus

ran8 wrote:

@pocketvenus:  It has been almost four years since I remember using it as a shampoo.  It was good enough for hot and humid florida during 100+ weather.  It doesn't build up like aveda does (which is a good thing).  Might have to see how it holds up on my next trip (also more humid there).  It might weigh down in a drier climate though.  But for the most part, the weight was on par with some hotel shampoos.

But as in the place of a salon shampoo?  Nah.  Take the bumble and bumble minis instead.

Thanks for the downlo - it's great when products can double up but sometimes it means they don't work as well.

anaa

As far as the shampoo/shower gels, I like pretty much every one of them.  Some current favorites are Blue Raspberry Snowcone, Melon Daiquiri, Coconut Frosting and Senorita Margarita.  I also use Hope oil free spf 30, and several of the body and hand creams.  One of their products I have used for years is the Vitamin C Booster powder, which is mixed into any moisturizer.

kimmi1115

I've not tried anything from Philosophy before.  While at the mall, I always end up going through Bath and Body Works lol.  My birthday will be here in few months, though.  It sounds like the free gift will smell delicious!

mallory3000

I love their pumpkin lip gloss and pumpkin body wash shampoo etc. They smell so wonderful and the packaging is adorable.
smartmint

I just got mine a few monthes ago so its long gone, but I have to say it is my fave philosophy product! It smells so good!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

prettyinpa

I like their Amazing Grace fragrance- their skincare products don't seem to work as well for me as some others like Peter Thomas Roth and Kinerase.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • chewcifer
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki
    • mallory3000
    • anaa