Scary Movies anyone?

arielaaaaaaaa

Scary Movies anyone?

So i just saw The Conjuring, and i must say, SCARIEST movie i have ever seen! 

So i was wondering what the scariest movie you ladies have seen!? I'm not big into scary movies, being that i'm a huge scardy cat, but before i saw The Conjuring, Insidious was pretty scary to me! So what's your favorite scary movie??

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Scary Movies anyone?

Oh No! My dog totally freaks me out. I'll be home alone and she gets me all suddenly, stares at nothing, and growls.... Creepy!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I've heard that if its at a wall, especially, they're barking at insects :smileysad: which is worse!!!

arielaaaaaaaa

Well thankfully it's not at a wall, she kinda stares into the dining room, then after a minute or two of growling she stops and lays back down on me. 

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure if that's even more creepy....

arielaaaaaaaa

Probably is, But our house has been blessed and nothing creepy has ever happened besides that! 

crayzeeRN

I love horror/scary movies! Gore doesn't tend to bother me in the slightest any more (see too much of it in real life), the supernatural or suspenseful moves tend to get to me more, but I find them all fun! October tends to be my favorite month for TV, because there's so many good movies on! I love the entire Halloween series- definitely a tradition to watch the marathon every Halloween! Anything with a zombie in it makes me a happy camper as well.

A couple that scared me back in the day are the Ring and the Exorcist. Ju-on (Japanese version of The Grudge) scared the heck out of me. Sixth Sense also scared the heck out of grade-school-aged me.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

The Ring is pretty Scary!! I totally love the Halloween marathons!! I watch them all the time, but never alone!! Haha! One more movie i find terribly scary is Shutter. I can never fully watch it without covering my eyes! Lol. 

drrragon

I was just about to say The Ring!  That scared the bleep out of me because it was so, so creepy.  Super duper EXTRA creepy!  *shudder*

sugarluvv

Human centipede. 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I watched that and I Found it so weird lol. 

jinxski

I haven't watched a single scary movie in my life - just because I know that it'll keep me up forever! Kudos to you for watching them despite the fear, just seeing pictures and trailers for that movie had me scared! :smileysurprised:

JenBlush

Maybe it's because I'm getting oold... or idk, but i cant watch scary movies anymore! i used to LOVE watching scary movies, and now I cant!!! 

The classics are obviously really good, but the last movies that had me jumping were Paranormal Activity. Just because it looks somewhat real, and yea.. Idk, i hate watching them now because i get scared thinking it can happen in real life now! :'(

crayzeeRN

I was bored to death through 95% of Paranormal Activity, and then the last 5 minutes of the movie came and scared the living Jesus out of me. I forced my ex-bf to sleep on the outside of our bed for months after that movie, so in case anything went to grab us, they'd grab him first :smileyvery-happy:

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

haha! honestly it wasnt even the first part that scared me! part 2 and three scared me to death!! i was dying! and i was watching it in pure daylight in my living room.... STILL SCARED!! >.<

miabt

OMG I cant... I'm the worst with scary movies, so I'm thankful that I can play the "kids" card and skip out on majority of those movies.  Blood, gore, peoples heads being chopped off... I'm just fine.  But throw in some kind of super natural or  ghostly storyline & I'm OUT!!

xo, Mia

nebel

(0) Hearts

Exactly.  I don't mind gore (I don't seek realistic gore out, though.  Campy fake gore is much more my style!) but supernatural stuff?  OMFG NO WAY.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Omg that may just be the funniest thing i've ever read! I hate when they are based on a true story! Ahh, I'm tempted to look up the real story about The Conjuring!

miabt

(0) Hearts

I heard the Conjuring is so disturbing that they had priests outside the movie theater blessing people!  Soooooo not cool :smileysad:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I didn't find it disturbing, I'm not quite sure what the disturbing part was that they would be blessing people...

LCResz

The classics, like The Exorcist, The Omen, Rosemary's Baby, and Poltergeist, they're all good for a fun night of scares. Of the more modern films I love The Others, The Devil's Backbone, The Orphanage, Let the Right One Im, and The Awakening. 

Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later are great zombie films (the former is hilarious, the latter is just super creepy).

melissa93

(0) Hearts

Yessss those are some awesome movies. Is it  bad that it bothers me that some people confuse gore and horror? I love both though and I get really surprised when a movie is able to scare me. I dunno why but I love that feeling ha. Don't forget The Shinning though! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 80 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar