Scary Movies anyone?

arielaaaaaaaa

Scary Movies anyone?

So i just saw The Conjuring, and i must say, SCARIEST movie i have ever seen! 

So i was wondering what the scariest movie you ladies have seen!? I'm not big into scary movies, being that i'm a huge scardy cat, but before i saw The Conjuring, Insidious was pretty scary to me! So what's your favorite scary movie??

beautylovingirl

Re: Scary Movies anyone?

This isn't a movie it's just a regular TV show but it's called "The Haunting" it comes on during the day and freaks me out even with it being daylight.

arielaaaaaaaa

Omg, I used to watch that like every day! I have seen almost all of them! They freak me out too!! But i can't help but watch them! 

annekevdb

Aahhh - I saw the preview of The Conjuring and I was so scared. No way could I see the movie! 

The scariest movie I can recall (that I actually made it through) was Texas Chainsaw Massacre - the original one. I saw it at a friend's house when I was in 6th grade. Neither of us could sleep that night and I was freaked out for days. 

I think Psycho is also very scary.

melissabt

Ahh scary movies. I think for me it was the Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

<3 Melissa
janinebt

I'm a horror movie junkie/connoisseur/expert/etc etc. I love, love, love horror films. The more frightening the better! Nothing has really seriously scared me since The Ring, although The Conjuring and Insidious were pretty well written. They're a nice homage to classic 1970s style horror movies. I especially love that the Conjuring was ACTUALLY based on a true story (unlike most horror movies which just say that to get viewers).

The event was pretty accurate...that Annabelle doll really exists!

I think if I had to pick my top 5 (which is hard), I'd have to go with:

The Human Centipede: This is NOT a movie for the faint of heart. It's probably the scariest and most disturbing horror film I've ever seen. If movies like Hostel make you squeamish skip this one.

Halloween: The Rob Zombie remake, not the original, there was a more well rounded back story which added more depth to the overall classic movie plot. I'm not generally a fan of horror remakes, but I think this one surpasses the first Halloween for sure.

Black Christmas (the original): It's just a different sort of horror movie, really frightening.

The Orphanage: I'm a HUGE Guillermo del Toro fan. I think this is the one film that had me hopelessly terrified one minute and tearing up over a touching scene the next. It's really really good, I'd almost go out on a limb and say it's my favorite of the bunch.

28 Days Later: I love anything with a zombie. You name it I've seen it, but 28 Days is my fav. It's well written and has some gorgeous cinematography that really frames the beauty within humanity....as crazy as that may sound.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I totally just looked up the real story over The Conjuring, Super creepy! And the Annabelle doll, wow, crazy that it's real! I looked that up as well, although she isn't creepy looking like the movie makes it look. While looking up the Annabelle doll i came across The Haunted Robert doll, Super creepy, I didn't read the whole story but it's at some museum and you have to ask permission to take it's picture, and if it tilts it's head you can, if it doesn't and you take the picture it will curse you. 

And on a side not i really like the name Annabelle for a future daughters name.... Not anymore...

Spyski

(0) Hearts

After everyone posting about the Conjuring, I have got to see it! Thursday night it is! :smileyvery-happy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Sickeningly,  I have not seen The Conjuring or 28 Days Later- I think I'll be watching this one tonight : D

Spyski

Any scary movie based on true events freaks me out. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes are two I can name right off the bat. Although, any Miley Cyrus movie is pretty scary too :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]

Ahh, Being that I'm from Texas, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre FREAKS me out!

ellevee09

No way!!! It was that scary! I love scary movies. I can honestly say I've seen them all and nothing scared me more than Insidious; I literally screamed and that never happens. But since now you say The Conjuring is scary, OMG, I so wanna see it. I thought it was gonna be dumb-scary. aaaahhhhh I'm now gonna check out the trailer.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

It definitely was not a dumb scary. It's Legit scary! haha! I can't wait to check out Insidious 2! I'm curious cause the way the first one ended...

wendyomgwar

I can't seriously I hate when people try and make me watch scary movies. I watched Jeepers Creeper as a child... ever since then *shudders* anyways I couldn't even watch Beetlejuice that was so gross! I can watch anything, anything!  Just not scary.

Spyski

Ugh I can't stand Jeepers Creepers! There is a truck on my road that looks like the big truck on the movie. I start thinking about the song everytime I drive by lol

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

OMG I would pee myself, not even kidding!

arielaaaaaaaa

Aw. Jeepers Creepers freaks me out too! D:

wendyomgwar

Its just so freaking creepy!! Who takes someones eyes?!?!?!

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh i know!! I watched it all by myself too! I saw it was on Tv, and my sister was off doing something but i had really wanted to see it! BAD idea! After watching something scary, everything freaks me out! 

wendyomgwar

My brother and his best friend were watching it so of course I had to see it too! I swear Iw as afraid to shower after that movie  I kept thinking he was going to come out the shower drain....

arielaaaaaaaa

Ah i hate when i have to use the restroom and then i get creeped out thinking there is something behind the shower curtain! Which i why i never close it anymore!

wendyomgwar

We have a semi-clear wall... so sometimes I SWEAR I see something moving out of the corner of my eye....

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 82 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar