arielaaaaaaaa

Scary Movies anyone?

So i just saw The Conjuring, and i must say, SCARIEST movie i have ever seen! 

So i was wondering what the scariest movie you ladies have seen!? I'm not big into scary movies, being that i'm a huge scardy cat, but before i saw The Conjuring, Insidious was pretty scary to me! So what's your favorite scary movie??

seemee22

Re: Scary Movies anyone?

I LOVE them all. Most of the "Older" ones though.

• Halloween
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Hellraiser 

But I have to say Halloween is my favorite. That and the The Strangers are they only two I can't watch alone. 

Penaloza1

Have you seen Insidious 2?It was pretty well done.I also love American Horror Story.It really has amazing storylines and actors.I can NOT rave enough about AHS.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I saw insidious a week after it was in theaters, it was amazing! 

I loved it! Lol I think AHS isn't for everyone though! 

emmaclaire

I LOVE SCARY MOVIES!!!  I don't go to theaters a lot because I prefer cuddling in bed while watching a movie, but I did see The Conjuring in theaters and loved it.  The first scary movie I ever saw in theaters was Saw (the original!) when I was about 13 or 14 (aging myself here LOL) and I was obsessed.  I also saw 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later in theaters, but the movie that scared me the most was The Strangers - definitely touched on a huge fear of mine!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

The conjuring was just amazing. I agree on the strangers, i was scared for weeks!!

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I know!!!  I watched it at my boyfriend's house and he was in the middle of the woods - we went to grab a drink and locked ourselves out and I had to wait at the door while he climbed in through the window.  Standing out in the dark in the middle of the woods right after seeing that movie = absolute terror LOL

Penaloza1

(0) Hearts

I also heard there's going to be a Conjuring 2.It's going to focus on the doll, which imo was the scariest thing about The Conjuring.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

That's awesome!  I hope that's true.  After seeing V/H/S and V/H/S/2 I have renewed faith in horror movie sequels!  (I strongly recommend both of those films for viewers with strong tummies and a passion for unique horror)

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

OMG! I hope that's true! I looked up the actual story about the doll and it's so crazy!

hydee77

I like horror movies, I've seen some weird ones.  I recently watched The Collector which was just strange.  It was sort of like Saw, the guy set up all these deadly traps in this house.  The traps must have taken him forever to set up.  lol

Some of my favorites are Them (it's a French movie, kind of like The Strangers), I like all the Friday the 13th movies mostly because of the campy humor, and I like the first Saw movie.

I still remember seeing Scream in the theater, that really freaked me out. lol

crayzeeRN

Love scary movies!! Recently watched Sinister, which genuinely creeped me out- which hasn't happened from a "scary" movie in quite some time!

Zombie flicks are my absolute favorite :smileyhappy:

Penaloza1

(0) Hearts

I really like Sinister.It was unconventionally creepy.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

You should check out V/H/S!  It's a horror "anthology" - essentially a collection of short stories using different writers, directors, and actors and is absolutely creepy!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I've seen VHS actually! Quite good!

Londonlover101

I love scary movies!!!!

some of my favorite are paranormal activity (which I only saw about an hour of but it was pretty good),Wrong turn ( this movie will scare the living daylights out of you).Paul Bunyan:Axe Giant : okay this movie was supposed to be a "horror" movie but apparently it was a tv movie (made for tv) and it was so funny, the low-budget actors and terrible effects made me and my brother laugh the whole time.

I really really want to see Carrie, but as scary as the trailer is I might be alittle too scared lol! :smileyvery-happy:

BTW this is a good topic :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

I loved The Conjuring! I love scary movies, especially paranormal and based on real life events. :smileyhappy:

NikkiShops

I can't watch movies like The Conjuring, Insidious, Paranormal Activity, etc.  I won't be able to sleep and it makes me afraid of the dark.  Lol.  The scariest movie I've ever seen is The Exorcist.  (Old school, I know.)  The first time I watched it I was about 12, in a dark room, all by myself.  It seriously messed me up.  Haha.  They re-released the movie in theaters about 10 years ago with added scenes and my friends dragged me to see it.  That was like pouring salt into a wound.  In fact, last night there was a preview on tv for that movie (some network will be showing it soon) and I looked away and purposely started talking as to not hear the sound effects.  I hate that little girl! 
Now I know this isn't a movie, but the first season of American Horror Story was pretty scary to me.  I was afraid of the dark for a while after that one.  However, it was such a good show that I couldn't stop watching every week!  Highly recommend.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I love American Horror Story!

I find it really odd, some parts, but it's a great interesting show! The new season is good! :smileyvery-happy:

NikkiShops

(0) Hearts

Yea I know what you mean. I actually hated the 2nd season and stopped watching about halfway through the season. Imo, the quality wasn't there anymore. The new season is awesome so far. I'm really loving the witch girls at the school! Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I felt the same about the second season, and took several months to go back to the second half of it, but by the end I think I liked the story more than the first season. I haven't started the third season yet though. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 80 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar