arielaaaaaaaa

Scary Movies anyone?

So i just saw The Conjuring, and i must say, SCARIEST movie i have ever seen! 

So i was wondering what the scariest movie you ladies have seen!? I'm not big into scary movies, being that i'm a huge scardy cat, but before i saw The Conjuring, Insidious was pretty scary to me! So what's your favorite scary movie??

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Scary Movies anyone?

(0) Hearts

I started watching AHS on the second season, I really liked it so i watched the first one, I prefer the second, But this season i am loving more! It's probably the whole Witch thing that's interesting! 

bvnny

(0) Hearts

Let the Right One In is a swedish move about a 12 year old vampire making friends with a bullied kid and feeding off her new town. (Let Me In is the American version if you don't want to read subtitles)

You're Next is a horror comedy that's super awesome. (Another home invasion movie that's good is The Strangers)

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is also a horror comedy...very funny. (scared teenage kids vs harmless rednecks)

V/H/S 1 has a good compilation of short films (S/V/H/S dropped the ball though)

Now for movies that are actually terrifying:

Inside (pre-natal baby snatching)

Martyrs (a woman that was kidnapped by a cult as a young girl finds them to seek revenge and things go beyond crazy and scary from there...someone gets skinned completely and kept alive)

Calvaire (guy's car breaks down in a french village where there are no women and everyone is completely insane)

I also suggest watching the original Carrie again, because it is actually believable.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Ahh thank you for this list!  I absolutely LOVE Tucker and Dale Versus Evil so I'm excited to see it mentioned in this thread.  I'm also pumped to see another V/H/S fan - I'm a big believer in this new format, it's so interesting!  I have to say, I still enjoyed V/H/S/2, though it involved some genres of horror I can't say I'm particularly interested in.  I'll definitely go check out Calvaire and You're Next, those are the only two on your list I haven't seen!

hydee77

(0) Hearts

I've seen Calvaire, boy that was a strange one!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

The Strangers is sooooo creepy! The ending scared me when she's alive and opens her eyes!!

hydee77

(0) Hearts

I saw this in the theater with my mom.  I still remember grabbing her arm when you first see the guy in the mask in the background as Liv Tyler is standing by the kitchen sink.  Creepy!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol I'm pretty sure i was holding my moms hand for dear life i was so scared!!!

Candy357

(0) Hearts

The new Carrie was good.

You're Next was creepy.

V/H/S 1 and 2

Paranormal Activity series, the new one will come 2014.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the newest was kind of sad

to me. :/

The Purge was ok, the ending was lame.

Sinister

Gosh I see many every weekend, so I have a crazy list.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Oh i want to see Carrie, and  The purge!!! I don't have many people who love to see movies with me!!

Once they come out on Redbox is usually when i see them, Or rent them On Demand. But my sister saw Sinister, she said she was so freaked out!!!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

i haven't watched a scary movie in years, but i always thought M.Night Shyamalan's movies were scary with a twist

CzaCee

okay. so i just finished watching the trailer for Insidious 2. OMFG. i think it's even scarier than the first. i can't even!!

unblownkisses

(0) Hearts

I totally just saw it plugged in Pretty Little Liars and it made me come back to this board... true story.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol I bet it's gonna be alot scarier! I can't wait haha :smileyvery-happy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@unblownkisses- I don't blame you a bit!

unblownkisses

Watched The Ring when I was 12 or so, it traumatized me pretty badly. A few months later I had a nightmare about the girl, and woke up during a thunderstorm with the power going on and off so my VCR kept making noise from being turned on, and off (I know, a VCR, this was awhile ago...) and I could hear water dripping from the bathroom... It was awful. Haven't watched a scary movie since!

crayzeeRN

Too funny, I saw this my freshman year of high school and was so terrified I actually had to turn my tv in my room to face my wall when I went to sleep so that the girl wouldn't be able to crawl out of it :smileyvery-happy:

rikkie

I just remembered, I went to go see The Ring in the cheap theater after it had been out for a while. It had rained like crazy earlier in the day and the first few rows were blocked off because of leaking water. As we watched the movie, my sister and I managed to freak each other out pretty thoroughly pointing out that it was probably leaking out of the screen and maybe there was no audience left in this theater at the end of each screening, haha. 

arielaaaaaaaa

Omg, That could definitely traumatize someone!

beautylovingirl

@arielaaaaaa- It's pretty bad when something can freak you out in the day light some of that stuff is too real!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@arielaaaaaaa- Do they not totally make you think you see or hear stuff in the complete daylight ? I love to watch them but there are some days I have to switch them because it's like you said they make me feel like someone is going to be behind the next door I open . FREAKY!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol they totally make me think i hear things! There was one that was i was watching that was in my hometown not that far from where i live. Totally creepy. And the one that freaks me out the most is the two part one in Connecticut, that there ended up being a movie about "The Haunting in Connecticut"

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 80 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar